Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
90 90

58,790 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:
11 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I avoided this book completely because everyone was on it. The print run is massive maybe I should have. (shrug)

2nd print or later printings may be the book the get.

Agreed I have enough books to worry about I can pass some up. The volume level is really rising from Covid money the last
3 days. Haven't seen volume like this since beginning of Covid Shutdown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, littledoom said:

Yes

I picked up a sealed 3-pack of these a few years ago. 

At a major convention, drove all the way back the last day in the hope it would be there.  It was!

Pretty sure it is Zelda 1 and maybe Mario 2.  I'll get a pick soon.

Patrick

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Well if makes you feel any better when I sold my newsstand copy for $75 I thought I made out like a bandit. I dont
even want to look now.

 

I dropped mine for 80 last year some time (was VF- ish shape), then turn around last week and sell a direct NM for 100.

Edited by BishopT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of those Valiant Nintendo books sell for a ton in high grade. There's someone on the Facebook Valiant Buy/Sell group selling up a big batch of them right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I am really starting to think some of these cancel/hype issues are the company's themselves.  

Executive: The movies announcements are not  generating the interest we had hoped and our other merchandise and comics sales are down . What do we do?

Members of the board: We sacrifice a character by manufacturing outrage over a current culturally aware topic , that is controversial and announce we are distancing ourselves from that character due to this, as well as no longer using them in the future... 

How long has it been since you have seen anything about PePe Le Pew? 

Even bad press is still press.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I am really starting to think some of these cancel/hype issues are the company's themselves.  

Executive: The movies announcements are not  generating the interest we had hoped and our other merchandise and comics sales are down . What do we do?

Members of the board: We sacrifice a character by manufacturing outrage over a current culturally aware topic , that is controversial and announce we are distancing ourselves from that character due to this, as well as no longer using them in the future... 

How long has it been since you have seen anything about PePe Le Pew? 

Even bad press is still press.  

"lets get ppl to see our movie by subtracting characters"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’m getting ready to pull out a few Daredevil 9’s Directs and Newsstands to list. They’re talking about a spin-off series for Echo on Disney+. I’ll save the others to sell closer to the Hawkeye show starting.

 

 https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/hawkeye-disney-plus-echo-spinoff-1234934667/

Edited by Corona smith
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I am really starting to think some of these cancel/hype issues are the company's themselves.  

Executive: The movies announcements are not  generating the interest we had hoped and our other merchandise and comics sales are down . What do we do?

Members of the board: We sacrifice a character by manufacturing outrage over a current culturally aware topic , that is controversial and announce we are distancing ourselves from that character due to this, as well as no longer using them in the future... 

How long has it been since you have seen anything about PePe Le Pew? 

Even bad press is still press.  

This makes no sense. What is there to gain? It seems more reasonable that they just figured it's better press to acknowledge that they're changing with the times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, littledoom said:

"lets get ppl to see our movie by subtracting characters"

I get it. Stated that way it sounds obvious, but really how much money would they realistically have brought in from the box office for Space Jam and current sales of merchandise containing PePe?

 Warehouse house full of merchandise you haven't been able  move. Old stock wasting away. Lose one character and that stuff flys out the door through third party sellers at mark up. 

Plus it has brought a lot more attention to a movie that wasn't getting much attention with the MCU and all the streaming flooding the market . All without having to pay for as much promotion as you can work some in to all the media coverage about how they are changing with the times. 

We will never have any proof of this and I am sure many are probably getting a chuckle out of this thinking conspiracy theorist.

  I am thinking of this as more of a thought exercise.  It was just spawned from giving my earlierstatement some thought . It means nothing and I do not hold firm belief in it.  

56 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This makes no sense. What is there to gain? It seems more reasonable that they just figured it's better press to acknowledge that they're changing with the times.

 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
" Deep Thoughts " by Jack Handy
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bellrules said:

Why is everyone chasing Captain America 25 as the first Sam Wilson Captain America? Clearly, it’s not. 

EDF2C066-32DD-4186-9EF6-5770FA83C94C.jpeg

021AFEE2-C39F-4DB6-AFD1-8EF31B707742.jpeg

Why is everyone saying Sentinel of Liberty #9 when clearly it's not.

 

 

abcde1.jpg

abcde2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I get it. Stated that way it sounds obvious, but really how much money would they realistically have brought in from the box office for Space Jam and current sales of merchandise containing PePe?

 Warehouse house full of merchandise you haven't been able  move. Old stock wasting away. Lose one character and that stuff flys out the door through third party sellers at mark up. 

Plus it has brought a lot more attention to a movie that wasn't getting much attention with the MCU and all the streaming flooding the market . All without having to pay for as much promotion as you can work some in to all the media coverage about how they are changing with the times. 

We will never have any proof of this and I am sure many are probably getting a chuckle out of this thinking conspiracy theorist.

  I am thinking of this as more of a thought exercise.  It was just spawned from giving my earlierstatement some thought . It means nothing and I do not hold firm belief in it.  

 

So... the crux of your argument is that Warner Bros. has warehouses of old Pepe Le Pew merchandise, and is using an army of 3rd party sellers to somehow boost corporate profits?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
90 90