• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to buy back issues online?

54 posts in this topic

Doesn't seem there are many to choose from.

I think the quality at MileHigh is great but the prices are outrageous.

Mycomicshop has amazing prices but the quality can be hit or miss or really miss.

Any other options?

Welcome to the boards. (thumbs u

Forgive me but I've never heard of Mile High Comics and quality in the same sentence,why don't you try looking around the boards here.Post a wanted to buy thread asking for the book your looking for,surely there is someone who can fill your needs. :gossip:

Edited by oakman29

i'd say the exact opposite, the quality of Mile High is suspect and mycomicshop seems to do pretty well overall in comparison. And to the 'graders' at MH, putting a NM sticker on a poly bag does not instantly convert the comic inside from a F to NM.

Edited by krighton

All fair points, I've ordered a ton from MCS in the past few years and prices are great but the books tend to come jacked up. Spots, rips, etc.

The few times I used MHC I thought it was overall ok.

Thanks. I'm enjoying these boards for sure.

I stand corrected, didn't realize they were that bad. Honestly, because of their insane mark ups I just never buy from there.

Really wish there was a solid one stop shop with decent pricing and spot on grading.

I stand corrected, didn't realize they were that bad. Honestly, because of their insane mark ups I just never buy from there.

Really wish there was a solid one stop shop with decent pricing and spot on grading.

You found what you are looking for here! doh!

I still use Mile High and mycomicshop when I'm ordering a bunch of books just to read. I don't set my expectations high for the grades. MH always has a sale going on, so just get the codeword and the prices are usually 60% off.

eBay is the major source for me. I'll buy cheap stuff there too, but I'll also buy expensive books if the seller is reputable. Many people here on the boards sell there, as well as the major dealers (since you can't beat the traffic eBay generates). Just be careful and pay attention to feedback ratings, and search sellers reputations here and with Google before making expensive purchases.

And of course right here on the CGC boards. Most boardies sell here with cheaper prices than eBay since they don't have to pay the fees, but the selection is much smaller. And just like eBay, check reputations before making any large purchases. The WTB thread can also be helpful when you are looking for something uncommon and not currently for sale on eBay.

The website is beyond archaic, but email a serious wantlist and odds are you'll be pleasantly surprised. DOUG SULIPA'S COMIC WORLD

He seems like a nice guy, but putting aside shipping costs to/from Canada, if you are to believe what he writes in Overstreet, pretty much all of his inventory regularly moves for 100-150% of guide...even cheap stuff....aside from maybe moderns and what not. If that's how he's pricing stuff, it seems a bit high on most items.

Honestly, this place really is one of the best places to buy books on line.

Of course, you don't necessarily see what you're interested in, unlike a huge dealer or ebay, where almost everything is for sale at any given time. But if you have patience and are looking for non-rare stuff, it's likely to turn up here within a week or two.

Doesn't seem there are many to choose from.

I think the quality at MileHigh is great but the prices are outrageous.

Mycomicshop has amazing prices but the quality can be hit or miss or really miss.

Any other options?

I disagree with the quality reference from Mycomicshop. In my experience they have been great and often undergrade if anything. Mile High on the other hand is overpriced, overgraded and is powered by a 1970's website :makepoint: