• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Simple Discussion on Walking Dead Original Art Prices

706 posts in this topic

I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question but what is

Adlard large art ?

Adlard small art?

Is it not that all original art pages are he same size?

Again sorry. :insane:

Not a stupid question. It's kinda weird what they did actually.

Issues 7 - 35 11x17 in. paper.

Issue 36 - Two Pages drawn horizontally on one 11x17 in page.

Issues 37 - 40 - 8 1/2 by 14 in paper.

Issue 41 - first half drawn on 8 1/2 by 14 in. paper, second half has two pages drawn horizontally on one 11x17 in paper.

From issue 42 on, he's only used 8 1/2 by 14 in. paper.

I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question but what is

Adlard large art ?

Adlard small art?

Is it not that all original art pages are he same size?

Again sorry. :insane:

Not a stupid question. It's kinda weird what they did actually.

Issues 7 - 35 11x17 in. paper.

Issue 36 - Two Pages drawn horizontally on one 11x17 in page.

Issues 37 - 40 - 8 1/2 by 14 in paper.

Issue 41 - first half drawn on 8 1/2 by 14 in. paper, second half has two pages drawn horizontally on one 11x17 in paper.

From issue 42 on, he's only used 8 1/2 by 14 in. paper.

Thank you very much! Very strange hm

It's definitely a memorable moment, and a very cool page! I just think that even with speculative prices, this page would sell for.. 800 on a low end and 1200 on a VERY high end.

I heard from the seller this evening - the sale is pending at more than double your "VERY high end" price. :gossip:

:acclaim:

Can't believe no boardie said my name in this thread.

It's definitely a memorable moment, and a very cool page! I just think that even with speculative prices, this page would sell for.. 800 on a low end and 1200 on a VERY high end.

I heard from the seller this evening - the sale is pending at more than double your "VERY high end" price. :gossip:

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice.

Personally, I think the price bothers me more.

I sent in an offer of $700, and didn't even get a counter offer back.

Sorry, but your $700.00 offer was very much low-ball offer.

People on these boards offered me more than double than what you offered me.

At $700.00 selling the art page wouldn't even be worth my time. (shrug)

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice.

:hi:

:news: SOLD PRIVATELY

029-2.jpg

A couple things I would like to add:

1. The WD art piece sold for well over a couple grand. Very happy with the selling price.

2. Sorry I called it a splash page as I meant to word it differently, but I don't usually sell art pages. Looks like a nice action page to me.

3. $700.00 is not a fair offer for this art piece so yes I set the eBay BIN to decline such offers under a certain amount.

4. I believe I did talk to the OP because he sent me an eBay message asking why his $700.00 was declined. I explained to him that I have numerous offers well over that amount in the past.

I originally did buy the art page for my personal collection on very much an impulse buy on eBay over a year ago, but with the Walking Dead popularity so high right now the extra money from selling the page was just too good to resist.

A very strong sale in which I am very happy with. :headbang:

SOT

It's definitely a memorable moment, and a very cool page! I just think that even with speculative prices, this page would sell for.. 800 on a low end and 1200 on a VERY high end. That governor page from issue 27 that sold a little while ago for a little over 2K, that was the second published page with him in it, it's a different story. This is just him and Michonne - no action, or anything else.

All I know is that if I owned this page, and someone offered me 1,500 for it, it would be packaged up and in the mail the next day.

FYI I had more than 5 people offer me well over $1500.00 for it. Even at $1500.00 that is not enough profit to want to sell the art piece and would make it an easy decision to keep the page in my collection.

Your market view on this page is not up to date with the current WD art market as it stands right now.

Your mind is still back in 2011.

Governor vs Michonne pages has sold for well over that amount in recent months.

Just ask your fellow art boardies who have bought them. :baiting:

It's definitely a memorable moment, and a very cool page! I just think that even with speculative prices, this page would sell for.. 800 on a low end and 1200 on a VERY high end. That governor page from issue 27 that sold a little while ago for a little over 2K, that was the second published page with him in it, it's a different story. This is just him and Michonne - no action, or anything else.

All I know is that if I owned this page, and someone offered me 1,500 for it, it would be packaged up and in the mail the next day.

FYI I had more than 5 people offer me well over $1500.00 for it. Even at $1500.00 that is not enough profit to want to sell the art piece and would make it an easy decision to keep the page in my collection.

Your market view on this page is not up to date with the current WD art market as it stands right now.

Your mind is still back in 2011.

Governor vs Michonne pages has sold for well over that amount in recent months.

Just ask your fellow art boardies who have bought them. :baiting:

Congrats on the sale! As mentioned above I stated that I thought it was time I reevaluated what I owned my self if prices were this high, so my mind is no longer back in 2011 market prices. I suppose it can be difficult to value a piece of art sometime - exactly what happened here. I have to admit, the more and more I look at the page the cooler I think it is! So whoever bought it I'm sure they're thrilled with the page!

At the same time... there isn't necessarily a correlation between "market value" and "perceived value" through a private sale. Although someone paid you over 2K for the page it doesn't mean that's the market value for it. - simply that this is clearly a sellers market.

I applaud you on the page and thank you for the information. Now I can reassess my collection and jump up and down with joy :)

Edited by Phillip

I think what it sold for is todays FMV for a piece like that, I wouldn't be surprised if it sold for more in a straight auction. All it would take is two to tango and for some reason people will bid stronger on an auction, than a BIN.

Jim

:news:

Did not know till the buyer just PMed me, but the buyer is a boardie. ^^

I obviously will not say who that person is, but I asked the buyer to post in this thread if he feels like it.

The buyer is going to frame it and display it. Can't wait to see my ex-WD page when the buyer has it professionally framed. (thumbs u

What do you concider a "good" zombie page? Does it have to have more then one zombie?...a zombie death?...a zombie eating a character?

A character getting bitten, a zombie getting killed, multiple zombies, and so on. A lone zombie in one panel obviously doesn't fit into this category. I think it is subjective in a way, but I think the content should speak for it's self at that price.

Ah man! those are awesome! I have page 5 from the issue and have been hoping to see the page after it come up for sale! Too bad it was in the U.K. with no International Shipping.

Doug is on the money, but I bet if these pages were available in the U.S. and more people knew, they would reach 1K each easy.