• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil Dead at Fox?

30 posts in this topic

I wonder how badly the horror that was the first DD movie will influence the decision to make another?

Do you think a really bad failed first attempt creates much 'bad will' (as opposed) to good will in the movie going community? And consequently makes studios reluctant to do a reboot?

I wonder how badly the horror that was the first DD movie will influence the decision to make another?

Do you think a really bad failed first attempt creates much 'bad will' (as opposed) to good will in the movie going community? And consequently makes studios reluctant to do a reboot?

If that was the case we would never had gotten Batman Begins or a new Judge Dredd movie.

Look at how quickly they turned the Hulk around. They did those two films (the Bana and Norton versions) with only a few years inbetween, then did a better job with him in the Avengers movie. Now there is talk of a new Hulk franchise spun off of this latest version. If they can do this with the Hulk they can certainly give it a go with DD.

If done right a DD movie probably would be a real good one to make, could go dark and do a Kingpin Born Again storyline which would be pretty entertaining.

Agreed, the Born Again storyline would make a very good movie, if done with some thought and care.

It didn't do that badly. The budget was 78M, and the gross was 179M. It's just a matter of whether the studio thinks a different creative team can improve those numbers.

It didn't do that badly. The budget was 78M, and the gross was 179M. It's just a matter of whether the studio thinks a different creative team can improve those numbers.

Good point. financially it was a success, for me it was pure agony. I did pay the admission price though.

The director's cut of DD is a masterpiece compared to the theatrical release. I recommend it, but it's not on the level of anything Marvel has made on their own.

Yes, Directors cut is much better.