• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarest Flash Comics
2 2

53 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2018 at 8:03 PM, BarristerBaker said:

The 92 isn’t all that challenging (relatively speaking), but it is super-awesome. Four great books there!

Oooo! That All Flash 31! Isn't that the first Carmine Infantino Flash?! I have one but its in rough shape.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:52 AM, flashlites said:

I know this is a very old post, but its such an impressive hunt for Flash comics!!! I'm new the boards though and if you're still out there fellow Flash fan maybe you would help me sponser a dedicated general Golden Age Flash thread?

@tabcom put together an awesome thread a couple years back, chronicling and contextualizing every issue. Happy to participate if you pull together another Flash Comics-focused thread. It’s a great title, and I learned a bit through my hunt. 

1 hour ago, BarristerBaker said:
6 hours ago, tabcom said:

Prices on the Flash 86 have changed a bit over the years, eh @tabcom?

Wow, what an absolutely amazing run of the very elusive later Flash issues.  :applause:

Even duplicates copies of some of them including the very much in demand Flash 86 with the classic dinosaur cover and the first appearance of Black Canary.  :cloud9:

Yes indeed, you certainly don't ever expect to see a 67% year over year increase in the guide valuation of a mainstream GA superhero book which is simply so un-Overstreet like who has always been knownmuch more for taking a slow conservative almost snail-like pace approach to raising his prices on vintage comics.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Like all of the high dollar value GA keys and semi keys though, it is both interesting and good to see that he is also acknowledging the fact that the lower end condition and more affordable books (especially the entry level copies) are selling for sometime big multiples of guide while the high end copies are pretty much locked away in private collections and very seldom ever comes to market.  This is quite evident as the bottom of guide valuation for Flash 86 has increased by almost 700% from a valuation of only $314 in 2015 to this year's valuation of $2,500.  At the same time, the top of guide valuation for this Flash 86 has gone from $5,500 in 2015 up to $25,000 this year for a significantly smaller percentage increase of only around 350%.  hm  (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, incognito said:

Very nice run of those late issues. Anybody else notice issues 96 & 97 were missing ?

Just amazing to see them all!!!! Loved the sound track! I did not notice 96 and 97 at first. Is there a way to link this post over to the new Flash 1940-1949 thread? It should get maximum exposure! Just amazing!

2 minutes ago, tabcom said:

#96 & #97 where added to the collection at a later date. I now have two copies of #96 (under copy here).

1581190015_Flash96.jpg.b7401551160c2631d9aa10b1d416b782.jpg

575393765_ScreenShot2018-09-03at3_00_56PM.png.efd1b7384bf78187bfc0cb1d764247e7.png

I love the fact that we are all digging through our Flash collections right now?!!! Thanks for sharing! So that makes a complete set! Very impressive!!!

On 8/26/2018 at 6:03 PM, BarristerBaker said:

The 92 isn’t all that challenging (relatively speaking), but it is super-awesome. Four great books there!

Any idea how tough it is to find a Flash 98?

I know a fellow collector who has been looking for one for awhile, or is it relatively common and he's just having bad luck?  hm

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Any idea how tough it is to find a Flash 98?

I know a fellow collector who has been looking for one for awhile, or is it relatively common and he's just having bad luck?  hm

It's not easy. Not as bad as tracking down a decent copy of 99 or 95...and not nearly on the level of 96, but certainly not easy.