• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF15 - guess grade before CGC

192 posts in this topic

I agree about the right edge. The chipping just isnt consistant, and the straight sections look a bit too sharp. Hope Wer're wrong though.
:wishluck:

It's one the the marvels of the SA that had bad miscuts so maybe it's just that.

I'm kinda new at this, but my first thought when I saw it was 3.5.

They may feel nice and give it a 4 because of the overall look of that FC. Even if the spine and the top left corner is pretty bad.

Unsure about the resto part as I do not have an eye for that really, unless its obvious.

That white dot below the P worries me.

Blue label 3.5 - I agree... I do not suspect any trimming and actually think it is decently wrapped due to the placement of the comics seal in relation to the edge...

I am comfortable betting a 3.5 and quite possibly a 4.0 if the grader got lucky the night before.

I honestly cant say, after I got it, I took it to my LCS to send to CGC - didnt even handle it, left it in the fortress for them to take out.

The seller gave this info:

"Chuck at Mile High Comics inspected the comic.......He did not find any missing or unattached pages, no problem staples, no cut-outs or missing pieces, no tape, no tear seals, no color touch."

with a guarantee of refund (plus shipping and slabbing charges) if any of these are found during grading. so it seems like a low risk purchase. even if it is (gasp) PLOD.

hope its not, dont want to have to go back on the market to find one at or below guide. Its like dating after a divorce I imagine. I want my 3-4 blue label, then not have to look anymore for my grail.

maybe theyll be so focused on the U9 in the "G" that they wont notice the corner.

I really would like to know why someone wrote that there.

3.0/3.5

Is that a hole under the P? It's white, so guessing it's a spot of some sort. The U9 pencil marking is probably an arrival code of some sort marked by the drug store or newsstand that it arrived at upon sale. Minor distribution markings like that do not have an affect on the overall grade of the book. :cool:

Checking for trimming is not hard with it in hand, but with a picture it's very tough.

Look at any AF 15 at the lowest man on the right. Notice if the building to his right is all visible, the entire vertical corner to where it should meet the horizontal edge where he is standing.

Unless an AF 15 is miswrapped a bunch to the right(with white showing along the spine), you should be able to see that corner clearly next to that man. I'll guess that the right cover edge is trimmed.

I honestly cant say, after I got it, I took it to my LCS to send to CGC - didnt even handle it, left it in the fortress for them to take out.

The seller gave this info:

"Chuck at Mile High Comics inspected the comic.......He did not find any missing or unattached pages, no problem staples, no cut-outs or missing pieces, no tape, no tear seals, no color touch."

with a guarantee of refund (plus shipping and slabbing charges) if any of these are found during grading. so it seems like a low risk purchase. even if it is (gasp) PLOD.

hope its not, dont want to have to go back on the market to find one at or below guide. Its like dating after a divorce I imagine. I want my 3-4 blue label, then not have to look anymore for my grail.

There was no guarantee about trimming in your statement, I hate to say it. But I agree with some of the others, that top right edge is too sharp for the overall condition of the book.

4.0 trimmed