• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I don't but I didn't ask. 

i did bother to ask if they only handled value tier on certain days....

they said no, but then that doesn't make sense how they can keep modern tier churning out and books in the slab room on sep 4th aren't out the door O.o idk life isn't fair but i guess no one ever said it was....

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

i did bother to ask if they only handled value tier on certain days....

they said no, but then that doesn't make sense how they can keep modern tier churning out and books in the slab room on sep 4th aren't out the door O.o idk life isn't fair but i guess no one ever said it was....

No further movement on mine today, I have five value orders, four show in grading/quality control and the last still scheduled for grading. I figure they're all actually in quality control as the books all have been assigned their designation (universal, restored, or qualified). I sent them an email hoping for grades. I wanted to leave it as a surprise, but who knows when I'll actually have the books in my hand. I have a modern slow track order received on 8/27, I am sure I'll get those first now.  Here is a deception of all our value tier orders right now. 

download.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Is there like 1 grader for Value? 4 month TAT is about at 5 now.:facepalm:

Since it is a "new day" lol I called again, and got told give it 24-48 hours, same as I was told Monday. I was sure to point that out, and asked, if there was really any way of knowing?

No but we can look into it.... lol uhhuh :eek: 

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Is there like 1 grader for Value? 4 month TAT is about at 5 now.:facepalm:

Send more Value submissions to get them so backed up that they have to hire an additional grader for Value submissions. :roflmao:

Edited by Shockmaster

52 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

Send more Value submissions to get them so backed up that they have to hire an additional grader for Value submissions. :roflmao:

Value

received - 6/5/19

currently SFG

value

received - 8/29/19

currently SFG

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Since it is a "new day" lol I called again, and got told give it 24-48 hours, same as I was told Monday. I was sure to point that out, and asked, if there was really any way of knowing?

No but we can look into it.... lol uhhuh :eek: 

Do you get a different person everytime?  I'd be scared of being branded a PITA if it was the same person.

2 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Value

received - 6/5/19

currently SFG

value

received - 8/29/19

currently SFG

Were any of those pressed? Lol either way it's a long time!

My non pressed received 5/09 they say should be finalized early next week, praying for sooner though :)

1 minute ago, Gaard said:

Do you get a different person everytime?  I'd be scared of being branded a PITA if it was the same person.

Yesterday it was a different person and today over lapped.

D'anthony said ask for him, I stumbled over words with him and we both laughed, so as far as being branded idk

I've only called when the estimation time was up, they said Monday 24 hours, yesterday d'anthony said ask for him, and since I never got an estimation I called and asked for him to get one.....

When your estimation wait tome is 55 days when you subbed and there is finally movement on day 90, I figure twice a day to nail it down isn't too bad provided they don't sound peeved, I mean we were joking so idk

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
When you subbed

On 9/13/2019 at 10:08 AM, Every Day A Story said:

One week (5 days) later and despite being assured by customer service that these were completed at CCS and moving to CGC for grading, no movement. 

49 days for Fast Track moderns at CCS right now, compared to stated TAT of 37 days.

What are we actually paying for here? A new "Not So Fast Track" tier charged at same price?

The saga continues...

One of the two fast track orders has finally popped out of the other side of CCS at a woeful 50 days TAT. However, the other exactly same type submission is still languishing in CCS for some reason, putting it at 53 days presently - keep in mind, both of these were fast track modern. What is going on with CCS?

The one that did pop out was seemingly graded  at CGC in super quick time and is now sitting at Finalized / Imaged / Shipped. However there is no shipping info link or actual book grades displaying (I get the .0 on each book). Similarly, what is going on the CGC?

Edited by Every Day A Story

46 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

status page is down again.... at least for me...

i didn't realize it happened so often :foryou: 

Working for me. (shrug)

At first I thought "That's weird that they would fix it during a weekend", then I remembered I was on vacation & this was only Wednesday.

1 minute ago, Gaard said:

Working for me. (shrug)

At first I thought "That's weird that they would fix it during a weekend", then I remembered I was on vacation & this was only Wednesday.

it does work for me now too

guess i caught an odd error idk 

13 hours ago, bloodwings19 said:

Shipped a 2 book submission on Saturday 

Received by CGC according to USPS tracking 9/16

Logged by CGC as received 9/18

This is the fastest I've seen my submissions logged.

Wow, that's great. Did you note on the box that it was an Express order or something?

My box was signed for on September 9th and it's still not in the system 10 days later. :( That's the longest I can remember waiting before.

Maybe I should start a separate thread for "Current opening boxes rate at CGC"?  (shrug)