• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,947 posts in this topic

Not usually one for incremental updates, but given how subs have been derailed by the InHouse signings, I wanted to share this, since many of us haven't had status changes in weeks:    

6x Modern slow track (no addl services)
    CGC Received: 7/1
    SFG: 8/5 <-- updated just this afternoon   

That's 24 business days, not counting Fri before Independence day. I don't expect a F/I/S till late next week at the earliest.

31 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:

Now at Grading/Quality Control as of 8/5 just a day after Scheduled for Grading

Received 7/17

Scheduled for Grading 8/4

Grading/Quality Control 8/5

so excited for my first comic CGCed!!

Awesome! I got to thinking that you said economy fast track which is 15 days, lol and that would put it at the end of this week, I'm glad the surprise is still there!

Congrats!!

6 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:

This is my first time grading a book and it’s almost done. Should I wait until it gets shipped or look at the grade online? I’m having a hard time deciding

That's a personal choice, weigh whether you'll get the same joy haha, I always look lol but that's me! :tink: 

36 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's a personal choice, weigh whether you'll get the same joy haha, I always look lol but that's me! :tink: 

I have a spreadsheet created for all my CGC graded books with current GPA average prices included. When I receive my grades on-line, I make sure to milk the process as much as possible. I'll check the grades one by one while filling out my spreadsheet. This could take up to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the submittal. The anticipation of finding out the next grade (while checking GPA values) is fantastic. :)

Edited by skybolt

2 minutes ago, skybolt said:

I have a spreadsheet created for all my CGC graded books with current GPA average prices included. When I receive my grades on-line, I make sure to milk the process as much as possible. I'll check the grades one by one while filling out my spreadsheet. This could take up to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the submittal. The anticipation for finding out the next grade (while checking GPA values) is fantastic. :)

I do the same, also I add them to the registry with a description lol  When I receive them, taking pics for the registry and looking at them takes just as long! Win win win!

57 minutes ago, skybolt said:

I have a spreadsheet created for all my CGC graded books with current GPA average prices included. When I receive my grades on-line, I make sure to milk the process as much as possible. I'll check the grades one by one while filling out my spreadsheet. This could take up to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the submittal. The anticipation of finding out the next grade (while checking GPA values) is fantastic. :)

Ah I like that idea. If I had more in my submission I’d do that but I only have one

1 hour ago, thegiftedone45 said:

Modern submission

shipped: 6/23

received: 6/29

sfg: 8/3

Grading/Quality Control: 8/5

Finalized /Image/Shipped: 8/7

I live in North Carolina does anyone know how long it should be till I get my book back?

I think it is too hard to make a shipping prediction these days based on the shipping delays from COVID. UPS and FEDEX seem to be more reliable but if you shipped it USPS I would be prepared for delays.

I had a 19 book shipment via USPS registered mail that stopped updating after it left the USPS office in Sarasota. After 30 days it started moving again once I filed an insurance claim through USPS.

The best thing to do is keep tracking it daily and make an inquiry if it is overdue by more than a week.

27 Book Modern  2 Value

7-10 Shipped from Ann Arbor USPS Priority

7-14 Arrives at distribution center in Coppell, TX. Because it was on the way.

7-18 Available for pick up (Saturday)

7-20 Picked Up by CGC

7-28 Received

7-31 2 Value  SFG I don't know why I can't get it out of my head that not all 25 cent covers are '75 or later. Had two in the sub that were switched to Value that were late '74.

8-3 2 Two Value G/QC

8-6 Two value books. Shipped

•  

10 hours ago, PickleRick1216 said:

I think it is too hard to make a shipping prediction these days based on the shipping delays from COVID. UPS and FEDEX seem to be more reliable but if you shipped it USPS I would be prepared for delays.

I had a 19 book shipment via USPS registered mail that stopped updating after it left the USPS office in Sarasota. After 30 days it started moving again once I filed an insurance claim through USPS.

The best thing to do is keep tracking it daily and make an inquiry if it is overdue by more than a week.

Thanks for the advice.

2 minutes ago, Jordan Morris said:
On 8/5/2020 at 6:19 PM, Jordan Morris said:

Now at Grading/Quality Control as of 8/5 just a day after Scheduled for Grading

Received 7/17

Scheduled for Grading 8/4

Grading/Quality Control 8/5

so excited for my first comic CGCed!!

F/I/S 8/7. 9.6 Ultimate Fallout 4

Wahhhhoooo!!!!! haha ^^ 

Personally, I think CGC needs to either get rid of fast track, or build another building somewhere in the USA. I did fast track for 10 comics, and they've been gone over a month now. Charging people fast track is essentially ripping us off. My comics sat in their mailing box for 2 weeks before they ever got into "receiving". This whole process is just so "caveman". CGC needs to get their **** together!!!!!