• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, IceHole said:

Just got mine back today.  One book marked received on 12/8...in my hands today.  Very quick turn around.

Good to hear. What was your “ME”? (Sounds like a new post topic :idea:)

I had two books with ME’s:

1. Mislabeled Spider-Man 1 polybag regular cover (purple webs) as just regular cover. I did select the correct variant on my order form.
  2. Spider-Man 1 polybag silver cover had three 1”- 2” scratches on the back of the case.

2 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

1. Mislabeled Spider-Man 1 polybag regular cover (purple webs) as just regular cover. I did select the correct variant on my order form.
  2. Spider-Man 1 polybag silver cover had three 1”- 2” scratches on the back of the case.

Mechanical Error

Officially graded and shipped!!! Thor 337 9.6!!! Cgc is officially getting all of my mess now!!!! No more voldemort! 

There infixed lmao!! 🤣🤣🤣 thats what happens when you're excited. 

Edited by Ninja0215

On 12/18/2020 at 9:14 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Sent back to correct misspelling name on the Signature Series label.  Witnessed signature...wrong spelling of their name.  Fix and happy now!

On 12/16/2020 at 10:19 AM, skybolt said:

Interesting that my 11/16 received / SFG modern slow track has moved to grading, but the 11/12 hasn't.

image.thumb.png.0994a89cbd6dbed043d73e486ba17c55.png

My 11/16 received submission was shipped on 12/16. 

I was hoping for 13 - 9.8's, 2 - 9.6's and 1 - 9.4.

Instead I got 7 - 9.8's, 6 - 9.6's, 2 - 9.4's and 1 - 9.2. 

Either I'm getting worse at grading or CGC is tightening their grading a bit. Unfortunately, it's likely the former. :(

On a side note, my 11/12 submission is still in SFG. I contacted CGC on Friday and they said the books were being encapsulated.

On 12/16/2020 at 7:50 PM, BoogieWoogie said:

Did anyone participate in the 10/26 signing event - John Romita Jr., Scott Hanna, Starlin, Milgrom, David, Adams, .etc? My submission is still in received, but I did opt for pressing as well.

Showed as received on 10/20, moved to scheduled for grading today. Hopefully I have these in hand this time next month? Does anyone know how long it typically takes once your books are scheduled for grading?

I had CCS press them first, wish I could see some before and after pictures before they get slabbed. I wonder how they compare to other pressers

9 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Showed as received on 10/20, moved to scheduled for grading today. Hopefully I have these in hand this time next month? Does anyone know how long it typically takes once your books are scheduled for grading?

I had CCS press them first, wish I could see some before and after pictures before they get slabbed. I wonder how they compare to other pressers

Once they hit SFG, process should be relatively quicker, because most of delay is sitting at CCS and again sitting at RECEIVED status once back at CGC. Expect SFG for like 3-7 days then Grading/QC for 1-3 days and then you reach F/I/S and can see grades + (applicable) notes. 

On quality of CCS work, I think it's pretty good. I had them do a batch of moderns & 1 Standard. On the Standard they managed to remove a cup ring indent that I thought would leave residual evidence.