• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BrntWS6 said:

Are orders received any faster on fast track?

technically it IS possible, as you're supposed to write "fast-track" on the outside of the shipping box, so that it is "supposed to" be opened quicker....

My Value Fast-track was delivered like 4/02 and was marked received 4/05, but mine are still at received while other's since then went straight to "SFG"

so I can't really make sense of it all lol:ohnoez: 

46 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

technically it IS possible, as you're supposed to write "fast-track" on the outside of the shipping box, so that it is "supposed to" be opened quicker....

Or you can be like me and opt for Fast Track on a recent Value submission. But as you leave the USPS parking lot realize you forgot to write fast track on the outside of box....d'oh

Just now, Jaywalker0 said:
49 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Or you can be like me and opt for Fast Track on a recent Value submission. But as you leave the USPS parking lot realize you forgot to write fast track on the outside of box....d'oh

CX6DQ=

Dang. One of my orders was Fast Track, and I thought I remembered hearing somewhere that I should write that on the box. But I combed through CGC's website instructions with a fine tooth comb, couldn't find that bit anywhere, decided I must have been thinking of mechanical error instructions, and didn't write it.  (shrug) 

36 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Dang. One of my orders was Fast Track, and I thought I remembered hearing somewhere that I should write that on the box. But I combed through CGC's website instructions with a fine tooth comb, couldn't find that bit anywhere, decided I must have been thinking of mechanical error instructions, and didn't write it.  (shrug) 

check your email with the submission order, maybe it's on those instructions :foryou: 

1 hour ago, Phill the Governor said:

I believe that Walkthrough and Express submissions are the only ones that will get pushed to the front of the line. As far as I know fast track does not qualify.

Bingo- I just submitted last week with a walkthru, an Express, and some Fast Track Economy.  The instructions only designated WT and EX were to be written on the outside of the box.

If you think turnaround times are bad now wait til the 27th of April lollollol

It will be months before books are graded at the new inflated prices :roflmao:

Sorry the submission site keeps going up and down if I'm doing books I'm sure everyone's doing book. 

3 hours ago, Chazgee said:

I just shipped 10 books FT and wrote "FT" all over the box. Should be delivered Tuesday. Will keep you posted . . . 

I've got books shipped with FT all over the box that were delivered 04/02... still not showing "received".  Hope your luck is better than mine!

3 hours ago, I like pie said:

Mechanical Error(ME) is also on that list.

Singings are also on that list. (Artists initials on the box) And I can confirm they DO get processed more quickly. That being said, I can also confirm that when you try to skirt the system with other submissions in the same signing box, your other submissions are NOT "received" as quickly. 😥

9 hours ago, CatskillMike said:

Bingo- I just submitted last week with a walkthru, an Express, and some Fast Track Economy.  The instructions only designated WT and EX were to be written on the outside of the box.

Yeah it says that, but my submission was marked FT and opened just a few days after being received, so while it isn't an "official" practice, there is evidence that employees in the mail room still grab them sooner.

It was also in a CGC shipping box, dunno if that influenced it either.

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

you're supposed to write "fast-track" on the outside of the shipping box,

Is this an official CGC policy (as in documented somewhere), or is it something you heard? I only ask because I read you should write WT or EX on the box (for those particular tiers), but I didn't know FT was also to be written.

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Is this an official CGC policy (as in documented somewhere), or is it something you heard? I only ask because I read you should write WT or EX on the box (for those particular tiers), but I didn't know FT was also to be written.

I could have sworn I saw it written somewhere, but I don't see it now. So I guess it's not an "official policy"

Weekend Update!
Submission tracking updated today and indicates shipping tomorrow (4/26).
Those new hires paying off with speeding up the process...

Modern Slow Boat
Shipped to CGC 2/5
Delivered to CGC 2/9
Received by CGC 3/4               (17 business days later)
Scheduled for Grading 4/20     (33 business days later / 50 business days so far)
Grading / Quality Control 4/21 (1 business day later / 51 business days so far)
Shipped 4/26                            (3 business days later / 54 business days total)

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

19 hours ago, Fisionbomb said:

I've got books shipped with FT all over the box that were delivered 04/02... still not showing "received".  Hope your luck is better than mine!

OK, I just reached out to a CGC rep and here's the final word: If you write FT all over your box, they immediately route your books to a tiny satellite office in Ft. Lauderdale. You'll be lucky to get them back before Christmas.  :banana: