• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,947 posts in this topic

Ive had a modern regular be in scheduled since 3/30 i think today is day 40, not thrilled :(

out of curiosity i called and was told up to 6 more weeks on these. unbelievable. i understated backups and delays, these things happen . Completely unacceptable.

It's late spring. Con season is in full swing. This happens every year. If you want your modern books back as quickly as possible, you need to be sending them fast track.

for a person who doesn't know the ins and outs that cause its a con season or any reason its very deceiving. Its offering a service which is priced in a way where time is 50% percent and that's what the person would believe they are paying for.

To be fair, they do post an estimated and current turnaround time schedule on their website. I don't think anyone is trying to be deceitful. 38 business days is almost 8 weeks for modern slow track. Turn around times are probably changing daily, again due to con season. There more than likely not going to be updating the current TAT that often because they will be changing quickly, which is largely why we have this thread.

I'm not getting what you mean by pricing being relative to 'time is 50% percent'. CGC is going to try to ensure that fast tracks get out as quickly as possible because you're paying for their grading to be expedited. 2012 was a mess with long turn around for slow track AND fast track if I remember correctly. I personally submitted two books slow track in mid-June 2012 and didn't get them back until sometime around Thanksgiving FWIW.

I had 10 comics on economy submission that show an invoice date of 03/24/2016 that are finally arriving this week. So for 40 business days, 8 weeks has been about right.

I sent another set as Value, and they show an invoice date of 5/16/2016. That means they'll arrive at my house probably while I'm on vacation. :/

Ive had a modern regular be in scheduled since 3/30 i think today is day 40, not thrilled :(

out of curiosity i called and was told up to 6 more weeks on these. unbelievable. i understated backups and delays, these things happen . Completely unacceptable.

It's late spring. Con season is in full swing. This happens every year. If you want your modern books back as quickly as possible, you need to be sending them fast track.

for a person who doesn't know the ins and outs that cause its a con season or any reason its very deceiving. Its offering a service which is priced in a way where time is 50% percent and that's what the person would believe they are paying for.

To be fair, they do post an estimated and current turnaround time schedule on their website. I don't think anyone is trying to be deceitful. 38 business days is almost 8 weeks for modern slow track. Turn around times are probably changing daily, again due to con season. There more than likely not going to be updating the current TAT that often because they will be changing quickly, which is largely why we have this thread.

I'm not getting what you mean by pricing being relative to 'time is 50% percent'. CGC is going to try to ensure that fast tracks get out as quickly as possible because you're paying for their grading to be expedited. 2012 was a mess with long turn around for slow track AND fast track if I remember correctly. I personally submitted two books slow track in mid-June 2012 and didn't get them back until sometime around Thanksgiving FWIW.

My point about time is that half of the pricing structure is based upon how fast you want your items back. Yes its been 8 weeks which is what i knowingly signed up for but to be told it can be up to another 6 more weeks i dont understand how thats ok. they have no problem accepting payment the day they receive but the attitude of "hey we are really busy what do you want from us?" doesn't seem right.

My point about time is that half of the pricing structure is based upon how fast you want your items back. Yes its been 8 weeks which is what i knowingly signed up for but to be told it can be up to another 6 more weeks i dont understand how thats ok. they have no problem accepting payment the day they receive but the attitude of "hey we are really busy what do you want from us?" doesn't seem right.

Do you have any suggestions on how they can speed up their TAT?

You know they have competition for a reason. They were the only respectable grading company on the block for a long time. If you go back and look through this thread you will see that your complaint has been spoken a thousand times over for many years. Many times the next point was that CGC needed competition to help with TAT. Now they have it.

I'm not trying to be a either. I've been in your shoes. I learned the same way that you are learning now that paying that extra $10/issue is worth it to get your books back in a timely manner.

Do you have any suggestions on how they can speed up their TAT?

You know they have competition for a reason. They were the only respectable grading company on the block for a long time. If you go back and look through this thread you will see that your complaint has been spoken a thousand times over for many years. Many times the next point was that CGC needed competition to help with TAT. Now they have it.

I'm not trying to be a either. I've been in your shoes. I learned the same way that you are learning now that paying that extra $10/issue is worth it to get your books back in a timely manner.

I suppose a cost efficient way to help customer service would be enhanced communication. I cant see it being too expensive to have some service reps reach (or even an automated system) out to customers (via e-mail) and apologize for unexpected/extra traffic and variables that are making the service backlogged. Working in management myself i know how far clear and extra communication can go with a customer. I guess what soured me is the response i get that i quoted in my last post.

"hey we are really busy what do you want from us?" doesn't seem right.

Hi,

This isn't something any of our customer service representatives would say. Do you know who you might have spoken to?

Thanks,

CCS- MFT

Received: 5/5

Shipped to CGC: 5/13

CGC MFT

@ Sub Center: 5/13

Verified: 5/16

Scheduled for Grading: 5/24

Graded: 5/26

QC: ??

Shipped: ??

CCS was super fast this time around. It only took them a week to press 5 Modern books. Can't wait to see how long the turnaround time is.

Adding my FCBD MFT books:

Received & Verified: 5/17

Scheduled for Grading: 5/24

Graded: 5/26

QC: ??

Shipped: ??

Things are moving along for both submissions....

Here's hoping i can get/view the grades before the holiday weekend...

Edited by Praxis52

My 3 book MFT verified 5/3 is still sitting at Graded, has been for two weeks. I would call and ask about it but I just don't feel like beating my head against the wall right now.

Their encapsulation phase has slowed wayyyyy down. Probably with good reason given all of the problems with the new case but it seems the days of getting your MFT done in a couple of weeks are now long gone.

Hi,

This isn't something any of our customer service representatives would say. Do you know who you might have spoken to?

Thanks,

I think he was characterizing his take on the interaction with the CS rep, rather than the CS rep having actually used the words in quotation marks.

My 3 book MFT verified 5/3 is still sitting at Graded, has been for two weeks. I would call and ask about it but I just don't feel like beating my head against the wall right now.

Their encapsulation phase has slowed wayyyyy down. Probably with good reason given all of the problems with the new case but it seems the days of getting your MFT done in a couple of weeks are now long gone.

A year from now the theory is encapsulation is supposed to be faster and the grading team will have to keep up with slabbing.

Once the slabbing staff and everyone is used to the new slabbing machines encap time is supposed to be much faster actually.

1 step back short term to take 2 faster steps in the near future.

Modern Fast Track (Paris Dell'Otto) books:

Received 04/25/16

Verified 04/26/16

Scheduled For Grading 05/03/16

Graded 05/11/16

QC 05/13/16

Two weeks still in QC :pullhair:

1 Modern Fast Track SS Book

Rec'd/Verified 4/22

Scheduled for grading 5/3

Graded 5/10

QC ...... ? (shrug)

Hi,

Thanks,

I think he was characterizing his take on the interaction with the CS rep, rather than the CS rep having actually used the words in quotation marks.

Correct, it was wrong of me to use quotes if it wasn't exactly said. however i was left feeling that way cause nothing was done and nothing has been done, business day 43 and still only scheduled.

Edited by netherxvoid

Hi,

Thanks,

Correct, it was wrong of me to use quotes if it wasn't exactly said. however i was left feeling that way cause nothing was done and nothing has been done, business day 43 and still only scheduled.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news again, but the wait is just going to keep getting longer at this point for slow track. They have on site grading at WW Philly this weekend. That pulls folks (and encapsulation equipment) away from Sarasota. (Pretty sure on that - someone else with more experience could verify. Just going by what I've read on these boards).

You were told at least six more weeks right? I'd just sit back and enjoy the summer man. It'll be a long one if you're constantly checking.

Hi,

Thanks,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news again, but the wait is just going to keep getting longer at this point for slow track. They have on site grading at WW Philly this weekend. That pulls folks (and encapsulation equipment) away from Sarasota. (Pretty sure on that - someone else with more experience could verify. Just going by what I've read on these boards).

You were told at least six more weeks right? I'd just sit back and enjoy the summer man. It'll be a long one if you're constantly checking.

Youre right and im never going down this road again. Ill just stick to buying the graded copy i want or something.

ECCC 2016 Books received on 4/27 [went to CCS 1st]

As of today still says "graded" all my friends already got their books back over 7 days ago.

My paris books I already received, they were submitted via a CGC dealer....so maybe they prioritize bigger accounts 1st before new accounts, I opened my account at ECCC :facepalm:

Both orders submitted with fast track.