• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2017 at 8:36 AM, manetteska said:

Two Modern Subs -- One using PDF form, one using new online form

PDF - 10 books

Received - 5/12

Verified - 5/31

Graded - 6/2

QC - 6/16

Shipped - 6/19

Online - 9 books

Received - Assuming 5/25 as I didn't see it this morning

Verified - 5/25

No Fast Track, No Prescreen, Online Submission

25 Signature Series Modern Books
Received 05/16/17
Verified 06/05/17
SFG 06/14/17
Graded 06/14/17

25 Modern Books
Received 05/23/17
Verified 05/23/17
SFG 06/16/17
Graded 06/19/17

25 Modern Books
Received 05/23/17
Verified 05/23/17
SFG 06/19/17
Graded 06/19/17

On 6/14/2017 at 3:37 PM, slg343 said:

Modern 6 books

Received/verified 5/08/17

Graded 6/1

QC 6/3

Shipped 6/14 disappointing scores :(

Prescreen 32 books modern

Received 5/08/17

Verified 5/16/17

graded 6/12/17

QC 6/19/17

Shipped 6/20

Modern 6 bookss

Received/verified 6/08/17

Modern 3 books

Received/verified 6/13/17

Pre screw. Ship safe 6/20. Although my last lot is still sitting at,ship safe with out.leavimg warehouse for 6 days now.

30 minutes ago, slg343 said:

Pre screw. Ship safe 6/20. Although my last lot is still sitting at,ship safe with out.leavimg warehouse for 6 days now.

Thats odd, my went to shipped/safe yesterday and the tracking number emailed to me for USPS Registered mail shows its in transit already through Tampa this afternoon.... now i wait for my IMAGES i paid for, to be emailed to me....hopefully not after i already receive the books in a day or so...

24 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Thats odd, my went to shipped/safe yesterday and the tracking number emailed to me for USPS Registered mail shows its in transit already through Tampa this afternoon.... now i wait for my IMAGES i paid for, to be emailed to me....hopefully not after i already receive the books in a day or so...

Yeah ones finished today just shipped but I have 6 finished last week with no ship date.  Super strange.  What do scans cost?  I am lazy and might be worth it.

Isn't it weird that CGC removed Estimated TATs for moderns?  They also removed the estimated TATs from the web page showing current TATs for all tiers.  Strange decisions.

3 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Isn't it weird that CGC removed Estimated TATs for moderns?  They also removed the estimated TATs from the web page showing current TATs for all tiers.  Strange decisions.

In an e-mail reply to me they stated "Estimated turnaround time is 5-6 weeks until completion". This was last Wednesday and mine are all modern. So i guess things are still the same......for now.

But to answer your question, yes i think it's strange too..

2 hours ago, Transplant said:

Come again, what did they remove now? I'm seeing current TAT's posted on their site.

22 hours ago, slg343 said:

Yeah ones finished today just shipped but I have 6 finished last week with no ship date.  Super strange.  What do scans cost?  I am lazy and might be worth it.

$5 a book, front cover only, not a scan but a digital picture closeup...i still havent gotten mine, and i have my books...

2 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Come again, what did they remove now? I'm seeing current TAT's posted on their site.

You're seeing current TATs, but you're not seeing (unless you go to the pdf with prices, etc.) the "normal" estimated TATs.  And the pdf doesn't even have an estimated "normal" TAT for Moderns at all.

Edited by Transplant

1 hour ago, Transplant said:

You're seeing current TATs, but you're not seeing (unless you go to the pdf with prices, etc.) the "normal" estimated TATs.  And the pdf doesn't even have an estimated "normal" TAT for Moderns at all.

Why do those matter? Isn't "current TAT" what people use to gauge when they will get their books? Maybe they eliminated it because it wasn't relevant.

2 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Why do those matter? Isn't "current TAT" what people use to gauge when they will get their books? Maybe they eliminated it because it wasn't relevant.

It's relevant in that you can see if they are hitting the target time or they are behind.  Gives you some idea of their workload and/or pace

Edited by SteppinRazor

On 6/13/2017 at 6:00 PM, SteppinRazor said:

Looks like they took them from the mailman and set them on the very edge of the table next to the bottomless pit.:/

If not, CGC, will you please look inside?:foryou:

They looked inside 6/21, yayyy!!!!

Flower works

Edited by SteppinRazor

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hopefully we'll have some results over in spare a grade?? lol

Actually, most of what I asked about I haven't sent yet (NM 98, Wolv 1) or sold raw (UXM266), so not really :sorry:.  Sorry.

This is my first foray into grading so I thought I'd start with a bunch of roughly $50 books and see how good my grading eye is before sending more.  Little did I know how the turnaround time would go doh!. Shoulda done the reverse and sent the more important books first. Now I'm debating whether to send more in or just stick to raw.

Edited by SteppinRazor

On 6/20/2017 at 8:30 AM, manetteska said:

Two Modern Subs -- One using PDF form, one using new online form

PDF - 10 books

Received - 5/12

Verified - 5/31

Graded - 6/2

QC - 6/16

Shipped - 6/19

Arrived - ???

Online - 9 books

Received - Assuming 5/25 as I didn't see it this morning