• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

I dropped off some books for onsite grading in Baltimore on 09/23. Wasn't able to make it back to the show in time to pick them up unfortunately and was told by CGC they would be reaching out to me within 1 week to coordinate shipment of the books. Close to 1 month later and multiple phone calls on my part, and CGC is still saying that the books are in transit back to them in Sarasota. Anyone else run into this issue with books they submitted at the show? Supposedly they had a shipping pallet that got stuck in MD and I have heard no updates since last week. At this point, the price I paid for onsite grading wasn't even worth it considering the time frame some of these fast track subs are moving for others 

Edited by jjfversion1

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is good news as mine was a:

One modern book fast-track received 9/27....it was an SS book.

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Which is weird cause its only been 13 business days since 9/27... I wasn't expecting until next week, this Friday being 17 business days as stated expected by cgc. 

Well this thread had me wondering... So I called CGC one book modern submission Fast Track received 9/27 ship safe 10/11 should be here tomorrow. :)

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, mrwoogieman said:
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, mrwoogieman said:

Thanks for continuing to update. I am just a couple weeks behind you so it was reassuring to see yours moving along. I sent mine through CCS first, and they were marked received on 9/20 and verified on 10/11.

Scheduled for grading 10/16.

Graded 10/17 - MST by the way

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, 1Cool said:

And the process begins again:

117 modern slow boat pre-screen -

Received 9/26

Verified 9/28

23 Value -

Received 9/26

Verified 9/28

It would be great to get grades by Halloween since I'm sure they will be scary.

Looky looky.  Two of the modern batches of 25 have moved to Scheduled for Grading.  Fingers are still crossed some will be shipped by Halloween.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Looky looky.  Two of the modern batches of 25 have moved to Scheduled for Grading.  Fingers are still crossed some will be shipped by Halloween.

Wow - the first batch of 50 just went to graded after only 1 day.  I can only guess the quick turn around was due to a ton not meeting the prescreening.  Another batch of 25 is scheduled for grading.  Not too shabby since it's been less then 3 weeks since they were received.

On 10/17/2017 at 11:17 AM, zupaphly said:

Sub 1 : Modern Slow SS (2 books) 

CCS - 7/12

CGC - Received 9/27, Verified 10/13

Sub 2 : Modern Slow (10 books)

CCS - 7/12

CGC - Received 10/12

Sub 1 : Scheduled for grading 10/19, Graded 10/19

Edited by zupaphly

Received 9/26

Verified 9/28

Graded 10/18

QA/QC 10/20

23 Value -

Received 9/26

Verified 9/28

Value books are still sitting at Verified but the modern prescreen books are motoring along quickly.  Maybe the first couple batches will get shipped out today or tomorrow :wishluck:

Edited by 1Cool

On 10/12/2017 at 11:52 AM, I like pie said:

4 Reholders Received 9-1- Verified 9/5 - Graded 10/6 - QC 10/10 - Shipped/Safe 10/12

4 MFT @CCS Received 9/1 - Sent to CGC 9/29 -FINALLY Received at CGC 10/12 - Verified 10/16 - SFG 10/20 - Graded 10/20 - Shipped 10/25

28 MFT @CGC Received 9/1 - Verified 9/7 and moved to SFG on 9/20 - Graded 9/27 - Quality Control & Shipped Safe 10/9

Edited by I like pie

Three submissions all made on 9/1 at the San Francisco Comic Con:

4 Modern Grading:

Submitted 9/1

CGC Invoice Date 9/7

Ship Date 10/11

In Hand 10/18

Total start to finish: 47 days

1 Fast Track Economy Pressing and Grading:

Submitted 9/1

CGC Invoice Date 10/12

(current status is "Received")

Total days so far:  49 days

2 Modern Pressing and Grading:

Submitted 9/1

(current status is still at CCS)

Total days so far: 49 days

Seems to be taking longer than I expected based on estimates on the site at the time.

Edited by sfcityduck

Received 9/26

Verified 9/28

Graded 10/18

53 Books QA/QC 10/20

53 Books Shipped (Remaining 64 still at Graded) 10/20

23 Value -

Received 9/26

Verified 9/28

Not a bad prescreen submission so far but lets see how next week goes with the other half.  I subbed 28 mostly copper books with 9.8 prescreening and 13 passed.  Subbed 25 similar books 9.6 prescreening and got 5 9.8s and 15 9.6s.  The 9.6 prescreen books were a bit higher priced and a bit more wear.  Nothing huge priced but a nice selection of books like X-Force 11, New Mutants 1, Detective 608.  Fingers crossed for next week.

Edited by 1Cool

3 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

CGC received my package for pressing @ CCS then grading on Thursday and the invoice shows up under my submissions but for service it says MECHANICAL ERROR. Anyone ever have this happen? Not too worried because I'm sure it'll get updated but I thought it was weird. 

Mechanical error typically means they are doing it at no charge. When cgc was reholdering the slabs without inner well, that's how those orders showed on invoice.