current turn around rates at CGC
66 66

15,721 posts in this topic

Ok just got off the phone with them. Here is the update:

Pressing walkthrough is 10 business days.

So with the holiday, they appear to be on track for pressing tomorrow or Thursday.

Graded on Friday, hopefully?

Shipped next week.

Still shoulda went through Joey for pressing.

Lesson learned.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:18 PM, celluloidbuff said:

Received 6/6/2019, scheduled for grading 6/28/2019, grading/quality control 7/2/2019, finalized/imaged/shipped on 7/9/2019. (6 Signature Series)

No movement on batch 2 that was received 6/24/2019.

3 modern Signature Series

Received 6/24/2019

Scheduled for grading 07/17/2019

On 7/11/2019 at 9:33 AM, szav said:

Business day 40 on my 24 day TAT Fast track economy received 5/16.  Starting to wonder if they didn't have a bunch of people quit or if they're not having some sort of material shortage for slabs.  Order has been at grading/qc for 17 business days now

The long wait is over:

Fast track economy 24 day TAT received 5/16

Shipped 7/17

Only missed the estimated TAT by one month...

Grades were good... And for that I forgive you CGC.  Thanks.

Express grade and press:

Delivered 6/27/19

"Recieved" 7/10/19

Here it is 7/17/19 and its STILL "Recieved"...

Supposed to be 15 business days total. At this point, I would not be surprised if two months is on the table. What a joke.

4 minutes ago, Darkwing7869 said:

Express grade and press:

Delivered 6/27/19

"Recieved" 7/10/19

Here it is 7/17/19 and its STILL "Recieved"...

Supposed to be 15 business days total. At this point, I would not be surprised if two months is on the table. What a joke.

By my count you're on business day 13.  In my limited experience with submissions, the TAT have always been pretty spot on.  I find I'm rarely bothered though.  My book either spends time in their vault, or it sits in a box tucked away in my closet.  Either way, they're both out of sight.  As long as they don't have my book for an extended amount of time to the point that I start worrying if my book is lost, it doesn't really bother me if they're a week or two late.  Hell, i'm more worried when the USPS is driving it around the US because THAT feels like it takes forever.

5 minutes ago, Gaard said:

My 3/21/19 value sub just went to G/QC.

Awesome!

18 minutes ago, bronzejunkie said:

Been scheduled for grading since 4/16... It's gonna be a long summer. Dang Value tier!

Maybe give it a month...

I'm still waiting from 5/09/19, sent in some moderns today that will probably get back before my value sub so.... :eek:

Last I read Value Tier is 80 days so 4 months just for grading. Glad I went elsewhere for pressing otherwise the greater portion of a year just to get your books back. Is it safe to say that when Value TATs get this high more people start using Fast Track which will inevitably put Value even further behind?

14 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Last I read Value Tier is 80 days so 4 months just for grading. Glad I went elsewhere for pressing otherwise the greater portion of a year just to get your books back. Is it safe to say that when Value TATs get this high more people start using Fast Track which will inevitably put Value even further behind?

I’ve got some books still in “receiving”, which were delivered to CGC in early June for Value Pressing (CCS) and Grading. I figure if I see them by March I’ll be lucky. 

On 7/16/2019 at 12:08 PM, pastandpresentcomics said:

Grading/Quality Control 7/15/19

Shipped Safe 7/16/19

Received on 7/17/19 , Doorbell rang, by the time I got to the door, the package was on the front door step and the Fedex driver was back in his truck. Delivery confirmation shows as signed for by me. :cry: