current turn around rates at CGC
55 55

11,932 posts in this topic

1,158 posts
1 hour ago, wiparker824 said:

I don’t know if the ride breaking down is the best analogy... it’s more like the line says 45 minutes but they let a couple hundred people jump in front of you because they paid an extra $10 and now it’s really an hour for you.

It’s funny because amusement parks actually have fast passes and most work such that the line for the fast pass only allows so many people per ride, so you might have 4 people from fast pass line and 6 from regular line, but it stays steady at that rate such that there’s a low variance in time estimate. 

You hit the nail right on the head. The only variance for the TATs is how many people pay more to line jump. Kinda sad that businesses are run that way. That's what I like about a certain presser from this board. There is one price and one line. No jumping in front of others. :headbang:

26,681 posts
1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

You hit the nail right on the head. The only variance for the TATs is how many people pay more to line jump. Kinda sad that businesses are run that way. That's what I like about a certain presser from this board. There is one price and one line. No jumping in front of others. :headbang:

We are really speculating on this item.  Was there any turn over of graders?  I believe someone said at Baltimore that the hold up is the encapsulating process so maybe a ton of people are sending back their books and trying to get rid of the newton rings?  I'm sure fast pass people are slowing stuff down a bit but it's probably not all on their heads.

677 posts
On 10/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, Jim M said:

MFT

Package Delivered to CGC: 10/18/19

MFT

zzz 

Called CGC yesterday. Took the tracking number and said they were on it. Called the same guy today and told me "it's still not in our system.".......Great, you took the tracking number and said you were on it? "yeah, I can just see if it shows up in the system".....:golfclap: 

Clearly they were on it as well as they are on unpacking boxes. Five business days and counting....this is really getting annoying. It would be nice to know my books are safe at least. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just a one off issue that I am having?

35 posts
3 hours ago, Jim M said:

MFT

zzz 

Called CGC yesterday. Took the tracking number and said they were on it. Called the same guy today and told me "it's still not in our system.".......Great, you took the tracking number and said you were on it? "yeah, I can just see if it shows up in the system".....:golfclap: 

Clearly they were on it as well as they are on unpacking boxes. Five business days and counting....this is really getting annoying. It would be nice to know my books are safe at least. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just a one off issue that I am having?

I know they are still unpacking NYCC submissions from 10/4. I have a number of invoices and the first finally showed up as received. I think they are slammed right now.

227 posts

5 books submitted at Heroes Con for Grading Modern + Pressing Modern on 6/24/19. Marked Received by CGC on 10/11/19 and shipped to me on 10/23/19. My subscription renewal ran out before the books were received so I ended up having to pay full price. I think if you submit the books while a member you should be invoiced for the member discount based on date of submission. 

180 posts
On 10/23/2019 at 5:13 PM, skypinkblu said:

Before I make a call or bother anyone, does anyone else have a slow track value submission posted received in early July or later that is still listed as received? 

Last year when  I sent in books they were in scheduled for grading for months and listed that way almost from the beginning, which is a change from what it was before, so I don't know if they changed the system, or I should be concerned.

Most times I see "verified" after a few days.

I also have a 25 book Slow Track Modern Prescreen sub received on 9/27 that is still stuck in Received as well. I will post updates for that too when they start moving.

180 posts
On 10/24/2019 at 9:49 AM, Shockmaster said:

I have a 5 book Value submission received on 6/27 and it is still stuck in Received. I will put up updates when I get them.

5 book Value Submission received on 6/21 moved from Received to Scheduled for Grading today.

2,087 posts
14 hours ago, SBRobin said:

5 books submitted at Heroes Con for Grading Modern + Pressing Modern on 6/24/19. Marked Received by CGC on 10/11/19 and shipped to me on 10/23/19. My subscription renewal ran out before the books were received so I ended up having to pay full price. I think if you submit the books while a member you should be invoiced for the member discount based on date of submission. 

I have 13 modern books marked received by CGC on the 19th of September, I'm thinking CCS will still have them for a couple more months...for your pressing did you use modern pressing (with or without pressing) or quickpress? 

12 posts

I submitted two books (both mid-grade Batman #251s) in value tier that were received on 6/5 and shipped on 10/23.  Exactly 20 weeks.

Also submitted 14 books in the modern tier + quick press that still show received on 9/6/19.  I imagine that I won't see those until January.

145 posts
20 hours ago, SBRobin said:

Agree you should get the discount... that's pretty messed up when you consider the total turnaround time right now for value tier press + grade is 177 days, plus add in few weeks for shipping each way and them to officially get around to "receive" your submission and you're talking 10 months easily. How are you going to sell 1 year subscription with discounted rates that you actually can only get if you ship in the first 2 months of getting the subscription?

145 posts
5 minutes ago, Boswell said:

I submitted two books (both mid-grade Batman #251s) in value tier that were received on 6/5 and shipped on 10/23.  Exactly 20 weeks.

Also submitted 14 books in the modern tier + quick press that still show received on 9/6/19.  I imagine that I won't see those until January.

I've got a 25 book modern tier quick press + grade received 7/19... still in received. 

227 posts
7 hours ago, spreads said:

I have 13 modern books marked received by CGC on the 19th of September, I'm thinking CCS will still have them for a couple more months...for your pressing did you use modern pressing (with or without pressing) or quickpress? 

Yes, just regular modern pressing.

227 posts
2 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Agree you should get the discount... that's pretty messed up when you consider the total turnaround time right now for value tier press + grade is 177 days, plus add in few weeks for shipping each way and them to officially get around to "receive" your submission and you're talking 10 months easily. How are you going to sell 1 year subscription with discounted rates that you actually can only get if you ship in the first 2 months of getting the subscription?

Yeah, and the thing is you can't do it the other way around - sign up for membership when you see the books marked received and then get the discount when invoiced. You have to be a member on the day you submit and the day you invoice. If you have a membership now that you solely use for grading, it doesn't make any sense to renew until right before you plan to submit books. As I said I was going to do in another thread six months back, I let my premium membership expire until they fix the newton rings issue. 

2,187 posts

I sent a box with 25 Modern 9.8 pre-screens, plus 2 Marvel special-label moderns. No fast track on any of it.

The box was received on 9/24/19.

I got the grade on the 2 specials today, as well as the tracking number.

The 25 other books are still sitting in received. 

hm

Edited by adampasz

1,122 posts
12 hours ago, Boswell said:

I wish someone could tell us exactly how the process of selecting books to grade works. We've all heard dozens of "This must be how it works..." or "I think it works like this...", but, as far as I know, we've never received word from someone who has actually seen the process. I'm wondering this because Boswell's 6/5 Value sub has already been sent out while my 6/5 Value sub still sits at SFG.

Edited by Gaard

180 posts
9 hours ago, adampasz said:

I sent a box with 25 Modern 9.8 pre-screens, plus 2 Marvel special-label moderns. No fast track on any of it.

The box was received on 9/24/19.

I got the grade on the 2 specials today, as well as the tracking number.

The 25 other books are still sitting in received. 

hm

I have a Modern Prescreen received 3 days after yours. So please keep us up to date with your process, thanks!

2,087 posts
On 10/25/2019 at 6:15 PM, Boswell said:

I'm surprised CGC didn't bump you out of value for Bats 251.  For people that submitted using Value, have you been bumped up to a higher tier?

1,122 posts
6 minutes ago, spreads said:

I'm surprised CGC didn't bump you out of value for Bats 251.  For people that submitted using Value, have you been bumped up to a higher tier?

Never.

180 posts
On 10/26/2019 at 6:27 AM, Gaard said:

I wish someone could tell us exactly how the process of selecting books to grade works. We've all heard dozens of "This must be how it works..." or "I think it works like this...", but, as far as I know, we've never received word from someone who has actually seen the process. I'm wondering this because Boswell's 6/5 Value sub has already been sent out while my 6/5 Value sub still sits at SFG.

Have you called them? My 6/21 Value sub went into SFG on Friday so your 6/5 should've been done by now.

1,122 posts
47 minutes ago, Shockmaster said:

Have you called them? My 6/21 Value sub went into SFG on Friday so your 6/5 should've been done by now.

I give them a call tomorrow.