current turn around rates at CGC
56 56

11,973 posts in this topic

5 posts

Value tier. Received 06/13. Sitting in SFG. We’re at 102 days. 20 weeks. Not great bob. 

175 posts
On 10/31/2019 at 4:22 PM, Hutch88 said:

Denver Con value sub.

Dropped off 5/30

Rec. 6/11

SFG 10/17

Graded-QC 10/31 :wishluck:

(All remained universal blue) :headbang:

Shipped 11-1 :tink:

1,158 posts
On 9/12/2012 at 4:46 AM, Underground44 said:

It's a slight exaggeration lol but there has been a few of late.

I've told you a million times to stop exaggerating. 

244 posts
20 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I've told you a million times to stop exaggerating. 

We must be around the same age, because I've used that same expression a million times myself.

611 posts

Batch of moderns made it to CGC on 10/26 early morning according to USPS Tracking.

Marked as received today - 5 working days

10,947 posts
14 minutes ago, csaag said:

Batch of moderns made it to CGC on 10/26 early morning according to USPS Tracking.

Marked as received today - 5 working days

when was your credit card charged, I want to send a mediocre modern sub in, but I don't want to be charged until the 7th this Thursday or later.....

171 posts

I sent mine through my LCS.

They sent the batch on 16 September and they received them back on October 28th. This is being shipped from South Africa and includes our 1 week minimum customs delay, so the turn around time was pretty amazing, thought there must be some trickery at play.

611 posts
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

when was your credit card charged, I want to send a mediocre modern sub in, but I don't want to be charged until the 7th this Thursday or later.....

I'll check when I get home since I can never remember the password.  

10,947 posts
Just now, csaag said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'll check when I get home since I can never remember the password.  

Ah, no worries, I guess they can't really charge you until it is marked "received" lol to be sure that I don't get charged until the 7th this Thursday, I'll just wait until tomorrow to send it, it should take at least 2 days to get there from Dallas :foryou: 

181 posts

25 book Modern Prescreen slow track submission received on 9/27 went into SFG today.

611 posts
6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah, no worries, I guess they can't really charge you until it is marked "received" lol to be sure that I don't get charged until the 7th this Thursday, I'll just wait until tomorrow to send it, it should take at least 2 days to get there from Dallas :foryou: 

Long day at work - just checked & I do not see it on any of my credit card accounts yet

5 posts
18 hours ago, King Steven said:

18 book Value submission

Received at CGC June 17th 2019

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped November 4th 2019

I'm new to CGC. How exactly do they determine when they grade books? Yours were received after me but done first. Frustrating. Though I'm sure you guys have all experienced this many times.

10,947 posts
7 minutes ago, the_drummer said:
18 hours ago, King Steven said:

18 book Value submission

Received at CGC June 17th 2019

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped November 4th 2019

I'm new to CGC. How exactly do they determine when they grade books? Yours were received after me but done first. Frustrating. Though I'm sure you guys have all experienced this many times.

CGC operates on first in first out basis, but being marked "received" is the thing. If yours was also a value non fast track and the "received date" is earlier than his, I would call CGC and tell, ask, or inquire... :foryou:

30,949 posts
6 minutes ago, the_drummer said:

It depends on what tier you use.  I just sent in a book that will be graded the same day it's received.  

145 posts

Value (5 Books no fast track)

Arrived at CGC: 6/3

Received: 6/24 (Yes, 3 weeks from when FedEx said it arrived until it showed up as received)

SFG: 10/28

Grading/QC: 11/4

Shipped: 11/5

Total Turnaround Time (Excluding Shipping Times): 108 Business Days, 155 Calendar Days

Finally.

181 posts
22 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Value (5 Books no fast track)

Arrived at CGC: 6/3

Received: 6/24 (Yes, 3 weeks from when FedEx said it arrived until it showed up as received)

SFG: 10/28

Grading/QC: 11/4

Shipped: 11/5

Total Turnaround Time (Excluding Shipping Times): 108 Business Days, 155 Calendar Days

Finally.

I guess I better call. My Value received on 6/21 is still sitting in SFG.

10,947 posts
6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Yikes, TAT’s have doubled very quickly...

lol you had me going, some have, but I have a 10 book modern no-ft that is to arrive Friday, I was hoping to have it back before Christmas. 25 estimated TAT so :wishluck: it depends how cgc handles the Thanksgiving week :eek: 

26,688 posts

I've got 2 magazines, 3 reholders, 4 Value (Fast Track) and 25 modern prescreen going in today so I should be able to report how turn around is going for 4 different types of grading.  It would be nice if i got all of them back before Christmas.