• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is It Possible To Quit Comics?

102 posts in this topic

My collecting started with Silver and Golden Age books.

A couple of years ago I started collecting original art, and I haven't bought a single Golden or Silver Age book since then.

At this point, I could sell all my books, except for maybe a dozen. The comics are great, and I still love them, but art has peaked my interest because they're all one of a kind and because of this I view them as more "collectable" then the published books.

I think its probably easier to quit buying new issues than to get rid of everything and never buy another comic. I've quit buying new comics several times and am currently down to just a few series a month.
I'm considering doing this. The cost of new comics is just more than I care to pay. Although my pull list is small and I mostly only buy comics I like, I think I could be buying up comics I like even more for about the same price.

Financial strain is the biggie. My wife reminds me every time. Our first baby put an end to new comics and I'm happier for it. I don't HAVE to buy issues now and feel regret later.

I thought about quitting when I looked at all the new books I would never read again and how much I paid for them, but the wife reminded me why I started in the first place.

The focus is on books I really want to read and expensive grades aren't a concern because I don't have the patience to save.

What kind of art? I'm going in the opposite direction. Started with art and now moving back towards comics.

My collecting started with Silver and Golden Age books.

A couple of years ago I started collecting original art, and I haven't bought a single Golden or Silver Age book since then.

At this point, I could sell all my books, except for maybe a dozen. The comics are great, and I still love them, but art has peaked my interest because they're all one of a kind and because of this I view them as more "collectable" then the published books.

I imagine anyone who truly has "quit for life" wouldn't be around here to post about it :popcorn:

lol I was thinking the same thing.

I have "downsized" a few times thinking I was quitting, but..... here I am meh

I imagine anyone who truly has "quit for life" wouldn't be around here to post about it :popcorn:

I might find it harder to quit hanging out with you guys, than I would quitting comics. Hopefully, I won't ever have to do either. :wishluck:.

I might find it harder to quit hanging out with you guys, than I would quitting comics. Hopefully, I won't ever have to do either. :wishluck:.

:luhv: I can't quit you Mike.

:eek:

lol

lol

It's gotten all bent back mountain in here.

:sick:

lol

It's gotten all bent back mountain in here.

:sick:

Brokeback_Mountain_Poster_by_blacklunarsun.jpg

brokebackwww_unique-screenwriting-com_-brokeback-mountain-heath-ledger-hug-shirt-1.jpg