• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

Is that your favorite? That logo up there is my favorite of all.

No, I was just showing that there are others.  I DO like the character-specific DC logos.  Like this one...

PxbjSMD.jpg

I really liked the short period in 1970-1971 when DC had the character specific logos.

But the Superman Comics logo was only used on two books: Justice League #3 variant, and Firestorm #61 variant.

So, it's extra special to me.

I'm such an idiot, I traded a Fine Silver Surfer #1 (value approx: $75) for a Justice League #3 test variant (value approx: $75.)

Oops. 

I still have that copy, though, and treasure it. :luhv:

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm such an idiot, I traded a Fine Silver Surfer #1 (value approx: $75) for a Justice League #3 test variant (value approx: $75.)

Oops. 

I still have that copy, though, and treasure it. :luhv:

Everyone has an “oops” (or 5).  You know that though.  

Just gotta hit more than you miss (you know that too).

1 minute ago, chrisco37 said:

Everyone has an “oops” (or 5).  You know that though.  

Just gotta hit more than you miss (you know that too).

To be fair, it was 1990, and I was 18. :D And I was in love, love, love with Giffen and DeMatteis' Justice League.

I've since obtained multiple copies of both that I'm quite pleased with... :cloud9:

I could go on and on and on and on about Giffen and DeMatteis' Justice League. One of the greatest runs in the history of comics. The best work Giffen has ever done, and he did LOSH for crying out loud! DeMatteis, it's hard to top Karven's Last Hunt, but....that run. You've got Maguire in his absolute prime, "One punch!", Lobo, Adam Hughes' first series, the "death" of Mister Miracle...it's all just magic. Just magic. Exactly how comics should be.

:luhv:

13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

JLA #40 is one of the most poignant, heartbreaking comics I have ever read.

862175.jpg

Talking about one that got away, I owned the original art for this cover, and sold it a couple of years ago, along with the cover to #4. Still kinda kicking myself over that, but it was the right decision for me personally at the time.

But yeah, JLI for life, far and away my favorite superhero title of all time.