• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Armen D. Sahakian (lagiant888) = BEWARE

159 posts in this topic

Reference this thread for background but wanted to get a dedicated thread for this low-life out there for those who may have currently dealing with him.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4384546#Post4384546

He's trying to take me for $1,565 for a Daredevil #1 that I recently sold on E-bay.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/230866972071?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

Got an e-mail from PayPal today stating that the "buyer has filed a chargeback with his or her credit card company stating that the buyer did not authorize the payment."...buyer was...lagiant888

Armen D. Sahakian

200 Haymaker Cir

State College PA 16801-6985

United States

I just sent PayPal the tracking information for the book. I went the signature confirmation route with this book because I had to file a non-payment claim on E-bay before he paid. Seemed shady from the get-go and I should have just trusted my gut and cancelled the transaction before shipping the book off. Now I have to deal with this low-life.

I am going to call PayPal tomorrow. Will post any updates here. This guy needs to get what's coming to him...

Reference this thread for background but wanted to get a dedicated thread for this low-life out there for those who may have current dealing with him.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4384546#Post4384546

He's trying to take me for $1,565 for a Daredevil #1 that I recently sold on E-bay.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/230866972071?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

Got an e-mail from PayPal today stating that the "buyer has filed a chargeback with his or her credit card company stating that the buyer did not authorize the payment."...buyer was...lagiant888

Armen D. Sahakian

200 Haymaker Cir

State College PA 16801-6985

United States

I just sent PayPal the tracking information for the book. I went the signature confirmation route with this book because I had to file a non-payment claim on E-bay before he paid. Seemed shady from the get-go and I should have just trusted my gut and cancelled the transaction before shipping the book off. Now I have to deal with this thief.

I am going to call PayPal tomorrow. Will post any updates here. This guy needs to get what's coming to him

Remind me never to you off. :eek:

Agreed. He was a big non-paying bidder several months ago. In our case, it didn't seem like he was trying to do theft via chargeback, he just liked to bid on big ticket items and then never pay. I don't get it. :censored:

Conan, read the first thread (link).

He pays for some things and then after a few years goes back for the unpaid items in the hopes that you won't be able to find tracking info for them and wins in a court of law.

Agreed. He was a big non-paying bidder several months ago. In our case, it didn't seem like he was trying to do theft via chargeback, he just liked to bid on big ticket items and then never pay. I don't get it. :censored:

He pays for some things and then after a few years goes back for the unpaid items in the hopes that you won't be able to find tracking info for them and wins in a court of law.

How is that possible through eBay since after 3-6 months the charges can not be reversed let alone years later whether it is ebay, PayPal, and especially a credit card

He can try all he wants, but fraud would easily found in his scheme by the court of law before he even tries it.

How is that possible through eBay since after 3-6 months the charges can not be reversed let alone years later whether it is ebay, PayPal, and especially a credit card

He can try all he wants, but fraud would easily found in his scheme by the court of law before he even tries it.

He's apparently/allegedly succeeded against a few people from what I've heard. He doesn't reverse charges, he goes after people for undelivered books.

From what I've heard he's also allegedly been up to other methods in extracting money from people.

That's just what I've heard. I know of one person who is already counter-suing in order to avoid having to pay the guy anything.

He's apparently/allegedly succeeded against a few people from what I've heard. He doesn't reverse charges, he goes after people for undelivered books.

From what I've heard he's also allegedly been up to other methods in extracting money from people.

That's just what I've heard. I know of one person who is already counter-suing in order to avoid having to pay the guy anything.

It is impossible for that to happen. If you never pay for a book you can't sue for the money you never sent.

If you are talking about trying to get money from a book that was delivered with ni signature confirmation, insurance, or confirmation within a certain time-frame I can see that as a motive. Anything else is hot air.

Especially if all the parties involved see a pattern his luck is short-term for sure.

I blocked two of his names 6 months to a year ago.

texastoast909

dddsahakian

I remember a while back he won a book from me paid, and I assumed he was back for repeat business. He never paid so I did the normal block/relist, and then I recognized his name months later under another new eBay screen name. Same thing happened a couple months later just under a new eBay buyer name.

I grew up hating Penn State football even though I partied hard up in State College when I would visit from my college on the weekends from Shippensburg University.

All that State College gives the world is a choking football team, child molesters, and now this POS thief.

I am just going to block State College going forward! (thumbs u

Thanks, Roy. I'd read that thread several months ago when we first ran afoul of him, but that was before your new post November 2012 with the additional info. Quoting here so it's in this thread too:

The buyer who this thread is about, who people have had difficulty with in the past, who travels on eBay under multiple names seems to generally have an eBay account registered to the name Armen/Armend/Armand Sahakian

Well, I've just gotten wind that this person allegedly has initiated multiple lawsuits from the state of Pennsylvania against several different eBay sellers accusing them of not delivering comics as promised. Good standing, trustworthy eBay sellers at that.

The M.O. seems to be a pattern of purchasing expensive books, then not allegedly paying (or possibly paying only for some books but not all) and disappearing with no communication for very lengthy periods of time (sometimes years) and then comes after sellers for "not delivering" products.

Presumably he's doing this so that people can forget about deals and lose tracking info so that once he comes after you you can't prove the books were delivered.

Whatever it is, if you've dealt with this person it might be prudent to dig up your tracking info if he hasn't left positive feedback.

I've done an email search for the name Armen and see that I sold him a book which he paid for on May 15/2012 uner his eBay name lagiant888 and I just realized he never left me feedback for it.

These are some previous aliases he's used.

adsahakian1

armenookie

dddsahakian

texastoast008

Anyhow, I thought it was prudent to share in case someone needed to know.

I don't understand how it's possible to successfully sue somebody for not shipping an item that was not paid for. And from a transaction years old. Would like to hear more details if there were any boardies involved.

I may be underestimating the US penal code or whatever the legal term is, but within the replies to this thread,surely is enough evidence of systematic rorting to involve the FBI for deliberate,widespread long-term fraud?

Report this POS to the authorities.

Go to the Authorities Aggiez.

Also if he is claiming the USPS hasn't delivered packages that you have papers for..and he does this often, you may wish to check with your local post master and find out what they can do.

The USPS /your post master if they are friendly may give you other alternatives to put a stop to this guy

I think the guy buys and then later fishes for people who don't remember or don't have paper work and do not know any better than to send him money..

If he does it to 50 people and 10 of them give him money he feels it is worth the trouble being such an clown plus free comic books

I received a copy of the signed proof of delivery from USPS and provided this to PayPal along with the tracking number and a nice little message and a link to the original thread. We'll see what they do. I'll try and give them a call tomorrow but I'm not overly confident in PayPal's ability or willingness to do what is right...

I received a copy of the signed proof of delivery from USPS and provided this to PayPal along with the tracking number and a nice little message and a link to the original thread. We'll see what they do. I'll try and give them a call tomorrow but I'm not overly confident in PayPal's ability or willingness to do what is right...

Good luck. What a slum bucket.

i opened a case against him a couple of months ago for a iron man 55. didnt wait either, googled his name and saw some threads here. as soon as i was able to open a case, 4 days, i filed unpaid item case then added all his names to block list and updated listings so buyers cant have 2 unpaid items in a year.