• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, iganatz said:

Yeah, I never believed for a second that Gunn didn't intend to introduce Him, I think he was just being coy.  And I think you're right.  When Gunn was presumed to be the shepherd of the cosmic end of the MCU, he certainly could have taken his time and maybe just introduced Warlock as Him and slowly brought him along across several films.  New guy might just go from Him to Warlock in one film.  We shall see.

At the end of GOTG 2, Ayesha calls the being in the cocoon Adam, so doubtful there'll be an intermediate stage featuring Him.

Since we are speculating I personally do not like the idea of Warlock on screen and I think as a character he will fall flat if forced into a flick.  I've been wrong before but I was more looking forward to Pip the Troll then Warlock.

A live-action version of Him would remind me too much of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Adam Warlock’s better, but already I’m not exactly impressed by the golden appearance of The Sovereign. Also, a lot of his interaction with Thanos gets quite philosophical and deep, so it remains to be seen if Marvel Studios can simplify that down and make him interesting to a mass audience.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Frankly I don't think they'll ever introduce Warlock. He's a god level character, which means he needs to have some level of a backstory/character development. He would seem completely forced into a story line at this point, as would Silver Surfer.

That said, it's unfortunate, as he's a cool character.

On 7/23/2018 at 5:35 PM, jcjames said:

FF286 does have her "return" as far as CGC labels go (and spells her name right too) and was put out the same time as AV263 but is part 2 of her return. But certainly nowhere near a "key" though, not even close to the level of SS34 which is also not a key, though its importance in being Thanos' "return" (after, what, 5 years? lol) is made greater due to Starlin taking Thanos and really turning him into a much more interesting and important character than he was pre-Starlin. 

Funny though how "1st Copper-Age appearance" just doesn't have quite the ring to it a "1st Bronze-Age appearance" or "1st Silver-Age appearance". Heh. I still think we need to split the "Modern-Age" (are 25 year old books really "Modern"?) into two or three more "ages". :grin:

Other than the non-continuity "Thanos Copter" story in Spidey Super Stories #39, Thanos did not appear in the Marvel Universe as a current character for 13 years...from 1977 to 1990.

That's non-flashback, non-index appearances.

And Thanos was never "pre-Starlin." Nearly every Thanos appearance from 1973-1977 was written and/or drawn by Starlin. Thanos was his baby, start to finish.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

18 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There was no Thanos in the SS run pre-Starlin.

One more try - I meant that Thanos was much less interesting of a character before he was brought back in the SS run. OR one might say... he became a more interesting character AFTER he was brought back by Starlin in the SS run.

I don't know why that's confusing? hm

12 minutes ago, jcjames said:

One more try - I meant that Thanos was much less interesting of a character before he was brought back in the SS run. OR one might say... he became a more interesting character AFTER he was brought back by Starlin in the SS run.

I don't know why that's confusing? hm

It's not confusing at all. Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

9 hours ago, batmiesta said:

WTF? :whatthe: 

FF 211

JMHO...So please no flaming.

Now, it's almost an absolute certainty that Galactus and the Silver Surfer will be a major factor in the MCU in the years to come.

Furthermore, there are many of us who believe / speculate that Disney has plans to involve MORE than just (1) of Galactus Heralds in the MCU.  

Ask yourself this.  Why should Disney bring just (1) of Galactus heralds to the big screen when there are so many outstanding / cool Heralds in the Marvel Universe???

In particular, the Silver Surfer (Fantastic Four #48), Firelord (Thor #225), and Terrax (FF #211) are currently the most likely candidates / heralds to be brought to the MCU. 

Needless to say, of these (3) books I've mentioned, FF #211 is the bargain / lowest priced item in CGC 9.8. 

I would absolutely love to see a great Galactus story that honors the original FF stories, but that also means the Silver Surfer first and foremost. I think it would be overkill at this point to do more than the original herald. If Marvel Studios had owned the property from the get-go and introduced Galactus/Surfer/FF the right way about 10 years ago along with Iron Man and the rest, maybe they could introduce a few more of the heralds at this stage. But comic book movies don't have that NEW feeling anymore, and I definitely don't want to see alot of Galactus beyond one movie. 

Edited by fett

The GSX end price is not that shocking when you consider what 9.8 ASM 129s go to. The big three Marvel BA keys have all seen healthy gains this year and I expect the trend to continue in 2019 barring an economic downturn. 

13 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

Surprising given the shear number of 9.8 copies in circulation.

Probably because there's only a couple of other GSX 9.8 cgc available that I have seen & both are BIN listings for well over 10k. I haven't checked one other auction house but I doubt they have one

On 8/1/2018 at 9:48 PM, da.amazing.spiderman said:

JMHO...So please no flaming.

Now, it's almost an absolute certainty that Galactus and the Silver Surfer will be a major factor in the MCU in the years to come.

Furthermore, there are many of us who believe / speculate that Disney has plans to involve MORE than just (1) of Galactus Heralds in the MCU.  

Ask yourself this.  Why should Disney bring just (1) of Galactus heralds to the big screen when there are so many outstanding / cool Heralds in the Marvel Universe???

In particular, the Silver Surfer (Fantastic Four #48), Firelord (Thor #225), and Terrax (FF #211) are currently the most likely candidates / heralds to be brought to the MCU. 

Needless to say, of these (3) books I've mentioned, FF #211 is the bargain / lowest priced item in CGC 9.8. 

So you're saying a Cosmic Ghost Rider movie. Got it.