• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Wondering aloud: 

will the Sony/Disney split over Spider-Man hurt or put a dent in Spidey back issue speculation if future Spidey movies aren’t part of the MCU? MCU movie speculation seems to get a premium over non- MCU. 

My guess would be yes. I'm certainly going to be looking in other directions with my spec dollars for as long as Sony is back at the helm or until this mess gets sorted out.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:28 AM, kimik said:

I am not so certain re: Hulk #180 being a better investment than Hulk #181. In 9.0+ grades, Hulk #180 is trending down now after a peak in prices early this year, while Hulk #181 keeps chugging along. 

I expect Hulk #181 in CGC 9.4 to be a $20,000 book in five years.  Get yours now I say. (obviously who really knows what's going to happen)

On 8/21/2019 at 10:36 PM, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Wondering aloud: 

will the Sony/Disney split over Spider-Man hurt or put a dent in Spidey back issue speculation if future Spidey movies aren’t part of the MCU? MCU movie speculation seems to get a premium over non- MCU. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1fUPgblShf/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

3 hours ago, the blob said:
13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Hate to be the person left holding the bag on WWBN 32. 

It is a book that has been going up for like 15 years though.

When you are the bottom you got no where to go but up.

You can draw a straight line from the influx of speculators to the rise of this book.

The character cant support a monthly or TPB sales. It will rise due to speculator
influence from movies and follow the same path as Iron Fist maybe a little better.

We need to start tracking books before and movie hype to see how much they fall.

Don't get me wrong I am happy to see Moon Knight and any Marvel character get
some attention, but don't tell me its from some huge fan support because its not.

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

When you are the bottom you got no where to go but up.

You can draw a straight line from the influx of speculators to the rise of this book.

The character cant support a monthly or TPB sales. It will rise due to speculator
influence from movies and follow the same path as Iron Fist maybe a little better.

We need to start tracking books before and movie hype to see how much they fall.

Don't get me wrong I am happy to see Moon Knight and any Marvel character get
some attention, but don't tell me its from some huge fan support because its not.

I am not sure where you are going with this.  WWBN 32 has been running up along with all of the BA keys (Marvel and DC) since the late 90s. WWBN has been following the same pattern as any other SA or BA key - steady growth after the gap ups, and a spike when the movie/tv appearance is confirmed. As we have seen the past 10 - 15 years, being able to carry a book does not matter when TV/movies are involved.