• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AshKenziePaul said:

Why would Vin Diesel be opposed to taking the part?  He is a lifelong nerd.  He digs comic movies.  He also loves being the star of a movie.  I'd bet my last slice of Velveeta (I don't actually eat that stuff) that he signs on.

...and like someone else already mentioned, why would anyone bring up Magnus #12?  What does that book have to do with anything current Valiant?  A whole bunch of nothing.

Bcs money?

3 hours ago, AshKenziePaul said:

Why would Vin Diesel be opposed to taking the part?  He is a lifelong nerd.  He digs comic movies.  He also loves being the star of a movie.  I'd bet my last slice of Velveeta (I don't actually eat that stuff) that he signs on.

...and like someone else already mentioned, why would anyone bring up Magnus #12?  What does that book have to do with anything current Valiant?  A whole bunch of nothing.

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Bcs money?

Money, -script, budget, Dinesh is a producer on the movie, etc...

I have no idea how Vin feels about Dinesh, but as for the money thing -- Vin could do something like ask for a decent percentage of the film's take, and cross his fingers that the movie does well.

I'm not really even a Vin Diesel fan, but I can definitely see the guy going for the role.

On another Valiant topic -- what ever happened to that trailer for the web series that we were supposed to see?

8 hours ago, AshKenziePaul said:

I have no idea how Vin feels about Dinesh, but as for the money thing -- Vin could do something like ask for a decent percentage of the film's take, and cross his fingers that the movie does well.

I'm not really even a Vin Diesel fan, but I can definitely see the guy going for the role.

On another Valiant topic -- what ever happened to that trailer for the web series that we were supposed to see?

You mean the trailer for the web series that was supposed to be released in November?

http://boundingintocomics.com/2017/09/27/exclusive-happened-ninjak-vs-valiant-universe-trailer-valiant-ceo-dinesh-shamdasani-tells/

Watch this interview. It shows basically why someone of Vin Diesel's caliber should not take this role. They don't know what they are doing and figuring this out and solving problems as they arise. And this is in working with Bat in the Sun who is not new to YouTube videos.

Edited by ygogolak

9 hours ago, AshKenziePaul said:

While money is a huge part of the biz popularity is another. The two usually connect but sometimes even a good check won't work for an actor. Look at Tom Hardy @ suicide squad. He turned down the gig just bcs he wasn't feeling his role in the movie was relevant enough. I'm sure the pay was good but he rejected it

16 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I pulled my Captain Marvel #17 2nd print (slabbed at 9.4) out of their back issue bins, a day after they announced the Captain Marvel movie.

They have a lot of stuff. If you find the .0001% that is mispriced, then bingo.  Heck, I found some deals at mile high. for a while a few years ago he had black lightening 1s ridiculously cheap. i bought as many as I could.  that's all over.

Wow...that video did not do Dinesh and favors lol.  Looks to be posted in late September and here we are in 2018 now and nothing still.

Valiant may be good with comics, but that's where the line is drawn.  Maybe if Vin does sign on, they can get some other people to come on board that actually know how to make things materialize...or is Dinesh a control freak?

24 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

xD https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/valiant-acquired-by-dmg-entertainment-comic-book-shake-up-1078980

I hope there was a return policy on all those EW 4s Dinesh told you to buy. :banana:

I don't understand the negative implications as they relate to Bloodshot. What do you think this does?

56 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I don't understand the negative implications as they relate to Bloodshot. What do you think this does?

My opinion, and its only that, is that Dinesh's blueprint for his grand universe of films is going right out the door with him.  If this company already owned 57% of Valiant, and they take the time, effort, and money to buy out the rest of it, to me it says they are going another direction.

It doesnt matter to me one bit, I have my 90s Valiant books that remain my favorites, I'm not interested in anything Valiant puts out now, its just a bunch of pleasant memories for me, sort of like the Defiant Universe.

6 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

My opinion, and its only that, is that Dinesh's blueprint for his grand universe of films is going right out the door with him.  If this company already owned 57% of Valiant, and they take the time, effort, and money to buy out the rest of it, to me it says they are going another direction.

It doesnt matter to me one bit, I have my 90s Valiant books that remain my favorites, I'm not interested in anything Valiant puts out now, its just a bunch of pleasant memories for me, sort of like the Defiant Universe.

The article clearly said that their main goal was to push Valiant to other platforms. I'm not sure this is a bad thing as it applies to a Valiant multi-verse. That being said, I haven't read a Valiant book since Unity and don't plan on seeing any of the movies either.

53 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
7 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

The article clearly said that their main goal was to push Valiant to other platforms. I'm not sure this is a bad thing as it applies to a Valiant multi-verse. That being said, I haven't read a Valiant book since Unity and don't plan on seeing any of the movies either.

Didn't Acclaim say the same stuff?

52 minutes ago, kimik said:

Hopefully this will work out well for all parties involved, and hopefully Dinesh made a nice pile of cash for all of his time in keeping Valiant afloat. (thumbsu

Keeping what afloat? VEI is not Valiant.

15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Didn't Acclaim say the same stuff?

Yes, and they did push the video game platform.