• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

Seems like Cerebus #161 would be "less popular" with Bone collectors since it was released after Bone #5.

It's not-so-much a "preview" as a "you-should-also-be-reading" teaser.

Cerebus #161 is not a "preview". I believe it reprints the entire story from #3 which was published eight months earlier.

Other than #1, the print runs have never been revealed to my knowledge.

Seems like Cerebus #161 would be "less popular" with Bone collectors since it was released after Bone #5.

Cerebus #161 is not a "preview". I believe it reprints the entire story from #3 which was published eight months earlier.

Not sure if you're speaking of Cerebus or Bone print runs. Sim used to famously publish the print runs in each issue (as it was rising) until it peaked and started going down and then he stopped. Somewhere around 115?

I wrote to Sim around the time it was approaching 200, I think, encouraging him to include the print run in his note from the publisher just for #200 for old time's sake. No reply. :)

Not sure if you're speaking of Cerebus or Bone print runs. Sim used to famously publish the print runs in each issue (as it was rising) until it peaked and started going down and then he stopped. Somewhere around 115?

I wrote to Sim around the time it was approaching 200, I think, encouraging him to include the print run in his note from the publisher just for #200 for old time's sake. No reply. :)

Was referring to Bone. Sorry I didn't make that specific.

Since it has been repeatedly argued that "newsstand" isn't important, I suppose this must be a completely unexpected example of "Copper Heating/Selling Well": http://www.ebay.com/itm/252619622987

60% higher than GPA because it has a barcode. :whistle:

That's good to see. I have a newsstand copy, but someone at the plant screwed up and added a cover by mistake.

scan0008%204_zpsopjqukhc.jpg

So solar #10 9.8 sells for $525. Anyone else see this?

Linky to Lyria. hm

I think that's even just a bit low, seems like I've seen them go for a couple hundred above that, but it is one where you have to make sure it reaches the hardcore Valiant audience as they will appreciate its rarity. It is painfully difficult to find in 9.8 and the drop off to a 9.6 in price is tremendous -- way more than double the price of a 9.6.

Since it has been repeatedly argued that "newsstand" isn't important, I suppose this must be a completely unexpected example of "Copper Heating/Selling Well": http://www.ebay.com/itm/252619622987

That's good to see. I have a newsstand copy, but someone at the plant screwed up and added a cover by mistake.

I remember when you posted that you found this book.

The only modern slab in my collection. Can't bring myself to sell it.

Cover get printed separate from the rest of the book and a machine puts them on, so if the machine can put on multiple covers at once if it's not inserted correctly and since they do so many, it goes unnoticed. That's why I can't understand people paying big money for these double and triple covers.

Cover get printed separate from the rest of the book and a machine puts them on, so if the machine can put on multiple covers at once if it's not inserted correctly and since they do so many, it goes unnoticed. That's why I can't understand people paying big money for these double and triple covers.

Give that I own about 25,000 comics and maybe have 3 double covers that I am aware of (and two of those were purchased, accidentally, within the last year or so), I can see why someone interested in rare items would be excited by them. Maybe there are people out there who hunt them down and snagged them out of the wild and they are a lot more common than they seem to be to me, but i can see paying a premium for a double cover more than a newsstand edition where 100,000 copies were printed.

The only modern slab in my collection. Can't bring myself to sell it.

Did you find this raw in the wild? Absolutely stunning!