• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, musicmeta said:

How about Moon Knight 25 in 9.8!  Selling for $696, $649 and $439 on ebay....Most expensive book of the 1st series.  I just couldn't go that high.

Posted this over in the Bronze a little bit ago. Before this the last sale was in 2014 and it was for $35!

On 10/26/2018 at 12:51 AM, followtheleader said:

New Mutants 87 was definitely selling well early on.  

It massively crashed to the point of obscurity for awhile.  Which was how I finally got a copy for super cheap at my LCS.  

Patrick 

Don't disagree. I have several copies. Have no idea when I got them, but I doubt I paid more than $5 and probably less.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Geez. that has dropped a ton.  First Apocalypse also has been dropping

$5 is an overstatement. There have been a couple of low sales, but just looking at completed auctions it is more like $10+   + s/h.

Apocalypse and doomsday were stupidly killed off in the movies. Arguably both can be revived and rebooted. Just do an age of apocalypse movie...(and don't kill off de-power all the non-mutants, which was dumb)

Edited by the blob

13 hours ago, theThreat said:

I am suprised that New Mutants 98 seems to be slowing down .. just researched some graded 9.6 copies on Ebay and they seem to average about 300 and change, I think when the movie came out they sold for 500-600 or more.

With a couple exceptions, it's normal for a 1st appearance to slow down after the movie. If it's a villain, they usually stay down for good. I think this book will wax and wane but basically stay strong. I've noticed that the marketplace in general seems to slow down at this time of the year.

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:
15 hours ago, theThreat said:

I am suprised that New Mutants 98 seems to be slowing down .. just researched some graded 9.6 copies on Ebay and they seem to average about 300 and change, I think when the movie came out they sold for 500-600 or more.

With a couple exceptions, it's normal for a 1st appearance to slow down after the movie. If it's a villain, they usually stay down for good. I think this book will wax and wane but basically stay strong. I've noticed that the marketplace in general seems to slow down at this time of the year.

With that being said, you probably shouldn't buy a slabbed copy hoping to make very much money.  If you can find a raw copy for a good price, it might be worth it, but you probably won't get a good ROI if you're just buying market price keys AFTER the movie.  If you just like the comic and have the cash, buy away, nothing wrong with that.

If you're spending $200-$300 books on the chance you might make $50 a few years from now, you're  better off searching for dollar books you can sell for $5-$20 sooner.

47 minutes ago, revat said:

With that being said, you probably shouldn't buy a slabbed copy hoping to make very much money.  If you can find a raw copy for a good price, it might be worth it, but you probably won't get a good ROI if you're just buying market price keys AFTER the movie.  If you just like the comic and have the cash, buy away, nothing wrong with that.

If you're spending $200-$300 books on the chance you might make $50 a few years from now, you're  better off searching for dollar books you can sell for $5-$20 sooner.

They also should not try to understand the current market.  Books shoot up with a rumor and them slowly slide back in price until the next rumor shoots a book up again.  Some slide off the face of the earth but another handful become the next big crazy that month.  NM 98s have become a known quantity so the only people seeking them out are raw book buyers hoping for a 9.8/9.6 with a press.  All books can't be hot at once so it's better to just expect to run around like a crazy person when a book is hot and forget it when it cools.

There's been a correction with many keys, including NM98, BA12, WD.. many. 

Not to suggest that these new prices would stick, just a slow time of year/slow economy.. just guessing...

still, at10-15% marked down prices it's still not lucrative enough for me to invest in those when I can make 50-75% on other books that are lesser known and have burned more

4 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

There's been a correction with many keys, including NM98, BA12, WD.. many. 

Not to suggest that these new prices would stick, just a slow time of year/slow economy.. just guessing...

still, at10-15% marked down prices it's still not lucrative enough for me to invest in those when I can make 50-75% on other books that are lesser known and have burned more

BA 12 and NM 98 in 9.8 are up 90 day and 12 month.

TWD is down on both, but I suspect that is going to trend up again with the movie announcements.

12 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

BA 12 and NM 98 in 9.8 are up 90 day and 12 month.

TWD is down on both, but I suspect that is going to trend up again with the movie announcements.

NM98 9.8s were averaging 800-1000 with only a couple of sales below that

Oct-Nov were averaging 700-800 with only a couple above that.. the only extreme exception is a newsstand copy which was sold recently for 900

BA12 9.8 were averaging 1900-2200 and have steadily declined to as low as 1600 this past few months

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

Oct-Nov were averaging 700-800 with only a couple above that.. the only extreme exception is a newsstand copy which was sold recently for 900

BA12 9.8 were averaging 1900-2200 and have steadily declined to as low as 1600 this past few months

The trends I gave is what GPA is stating.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:13 PM, Aweandlorder said:

For the most part this is has been my buying policy for at least a decade. I buy in fall and winter and sell in Spring and summer. There are some overlaps but better deals are had in the winter on average.