Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
30 30

14,301 posts in this topic

6,586 posts
2 minutes ago, Green said:

Look for new top census copies to hit very soon😉

lol I'm glad to hear it!

With not many graded sales, I thought about going for the 8.0 copy..... but I've since doubted myself.

Is 9.0 is the current highest graded of #1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,267 posts

Yes, just checked. I need to do a vanity search and see if i can dredge up the thread where ppl laughed at me for saying NP1 would be a thousand dollar book one day. I was lucky enough to get a copy sealed in the original mailer that never got opened. Looks like a 9.8 to me. I guess we shall see. I was buying them up like crazy 10 years ago. Sold all my under copies waaaay too early here on the forums years ago, nice 8.0s for around $100. Sent the 3 i kept in to cgc this week. Ive got the bug again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,586 posts
8 minutes ago, Green said:

Yes, just checked. I need to do a vanity search and see if i can dredge up the thread where ppl laughed at me for saying NP1 would be a thousand dollar book one day. I was lucky enough to get a copy sealed in the original mailer that never got opened. Looks like a 9.8 to me. I guess we shall see. I was buying them up like crazy 10 years ago. Sold all my under copies waaaay too early here on the forums years ago, nice 8.0s for around $100. Sent the 3 i kept in to cgc this week. Ive got the bug again. 

Well I'm glad to meat you Mr. Green :) I have a 4.5 #6 signed by Campbell and another (imo) 7.5/8.0 raw copy...

My #1 is a lowly 4.0/4.5 raw... I've either missed the boat or not wanted to pony up the dough for a raw that fits the bill.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,267 posts

I think i have a mostly complete 1-25 run in as close to nm as i could find. Didnt really think anything other that #1 was worth subbing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,586 posts
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Green said:

I think i have a mostly complete 1-25 run in as close to nm as i could find. Didnt really think anything other that #1 was worth subbing

Well, Campbell the popular comic book artist won the art contest and it was published in NP #6.... just fyi...

Complete with interview, pics of him...family... and artwork :foryou: he was a kid

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,586 posts
2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 minutes ago, Green said:

I think i have a mostly complete 1-25 run in as close to nm as i could find. Didnt really think anything other that #1 was worth subbing

Well, Campbell the popular comic book artist won the art contest and it was published in NP #6.... just fyi...

Complete with interview, pics of him...family... and artwork :foryou: he was a kid

Also, it's fun, imo, to try and snag a copy of #6 without an address printed on the label etc.... thrill of the hunt, that one is (thumbsu ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,459 posts
15 hours ago, Green said:

Is the talk of a new painkiller jane movie bumping up the (what i always thought was) underpriced 22 brides #1? Copies seem to be pretty scarce around the internet.

 

Not the right thread :baiting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,267 posts
6 hours ago, divad said:

Not the right thread :baiting:

Whatcha mean? There are like 5 active listings and 3-4x as many sold listings. It is selling well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,459 posts
23 minutes ago, Green said:

Whatcha mean? There are like 5 active listings and 3-4x as many sold listings. It is selling well. 

March 1996 is Copper??? :hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,267 posts
19 minutes ago, divad said:

March 1996 is Copper??? :hi:

Ah gotcha. Actually didnt know the date, i thought painkiller jane was an older character than that. My b. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,426 posts
9 hours ago, divad said:

March 1996 is Copper??? :hi:

Naw, that's early Chromium Age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
460 posts
On 1/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, boomtown said:

Just a small update on the Magik 1st appearance mess. In Uncanny X-Men 171, Illyana has a sequence where she attacks Kitty and pulls the Soul Sword from limbo for the 1st time. This is the 1st time she has shown her new powers. When Kitty subdues her Illyana snaps out of her trance and cries "I remember" (in reference to her time in limbo). Soul Sword is not named (but cuts Kitty while in her unsolid form) and term Magik has still not been used. Published months before the mini series Magik, which was published months before New Mutants 14.

Uncanny X-Men 160 (1st teen Illyana)
Uncanny X-Men 171 (1st and only Soulsword before Magik mini)
Magik 1-4 (Storyline of how Illyana became Magik from 6 years in limbo)
New Mutants 14 (1st time Magik shown with New Mutants)

Take your pick.

I think we can agree New Mutants 14 isn't the 1st Magik.  We can agree the term "Magik" was first used in Magik #1. What's funny is in New Mutant 14 refers to Magik mini series.

Edited by catch21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,972 posts
3 hours ago, catch21 said:

I think we can agree New Mutants 14 isn't the 1st Magik.  We can agree the term "Magik" was first used in Magik #1. What's funny is in New Mutant 14 refers to Magik mini series.

Yeah, I agree. The X-Men #171 was new to me, by her displaying her powers (using the soulsword) it kind of threw off my opinion that the Magik mini was the "obvious" 1st appearance. I still consider it her 1st, but there is debate that #171 could be considered somewhat a cameo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,022 posts

I would love to hear the argument (especially from CGC) about NM14 being her first appearance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,633 posts
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:16 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I would love to hear the argument (especially from CGC) about NM14 being her first appearance. 

CGC's argument is that submitters noted it as her first... :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,238 posts
On 1/20/2019 at 11:16 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I would love to hear the argument (especially from CGC) about NM14 being her first appearance. 

1 minute ago, 500Club said:

CGC's argument is that submitters noted it as her first... :facepalm:

Yup, they just put on the label what people tell them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,459 posts
2 hours ago, ygogolak said:
On 1/20/2019 at 8:16 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I would love to hear the argument (especially from CGC) about NM14 being her first appearance. 

2 hours ago, 500Club said:

CGC's argument is that submitters noted it as her first... :facepalm:

Yup, they just put on the label what people tell them.

There oughta be a law!!! :sumo:

 

:acclaim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
460 posts

Looks like the wiki and marvel wiki have been fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,238 posts
6 minutes ago, catch21 said:

Looks like the wiki and marvel wiki have been fixed.

Anybody can change those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
30 30