• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Dringenberg - :-(

722 posts in this topic

I went over to Dringenberg on Saturday to witness a guy's book and Dringenberg actually boasted how he had taught the "speculators" a lesson. Being fully aware of whose books had gotten screwed up, it made me almost sick to my stomach to hear such *spoon* from a guy who I had been very exited to finally meet and who I've always considered the seminal Sandman artist.

Really sorry about your book, Sean - couldn't have happened to a lesser-deserving guy.

I went over to Dringenberg on Saturday to witness a guy's book and Dringenberg actually boasted how he had taught the "speculators" a lesson. Being fully aware of whose books had gotten screwed up, it made me almost sick to my stomach to hear such *spoon* from a guy who I had been very exited to finally meet and who I've always considered the seminal Sandman artist.

Douchebaggeryness.... of the highest levels

Really sorry about your book, Sean - couldn't have happened to a lesser-deserving guy.

Good Lord he needs to do another show. oooh Please let him be in attendance at a show I am attending.

He defaced a book that was submitted by a true fan who wanted a memento for his collection. He needs to be told.

Good Lord he needs to do another show. oooh Please let him be in attendance at a show I am attending.

He defaced a book that was submitted by a true fan who wanted a memento for his collection. He needs to be told.

It may be worth contacting his art rep.

Honestly, I was pissed when it happened, but hearing mike's story takes it to another level. I'm going to contact his art rep.

After reading that I was all ready to send a Tweet or some other message to him. Sadly, all I found was his LinkedIn (which I don't use) and am slightly perplexed that he has no other social media type thing going since he's trying to curtail resellers.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Was that a gold paint pen Sean? I may be able to help.

It looks like paint pen, Joe. Ryan or JP can say for sure.

It was a gold metalic sharpie. I was there when it happened and, honestly, we were all in shock when it happened. We couldn't actually believe it was happening. I've never seen anything like that. Just. Nuts.

That may be problematic, I can try and remove it Sean. It's not like I can make the book any worse.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Was that a gold paint pen Sean? I may be able to help.

It looks like paint pen, Joe. Ryan or JP can say for sure.

It was a gold metalic sharpie. I was there when it happened and, honestly, we were all in shock when it happened. We couldn't actually believe it was happening. I've never seen anything like that. Just. Nuts.

That may be problematic, I can try and remove it Sean. It's not like I can make the book any worse.

I appreciate it, Joe. I am just subbing it. I am hoping I can trade it for the Sienkiewicz penistroll sketch or maybe a nice Stan Lee x-out book.

I was trying keep an open mind and figure out where Dringenberg was coming from and why but now this makes me absolutely sick.

The one thing I would like to add is this: big props to mike and Jesse Campbell for getting ANY books done. Jesse took care of 20 books for me and mike had great success with dringenberg as well. I'm not surprised given how much both love sandman and how nice both guys are. While its little consolation to Sean, enough books got done that we should have your back. Jesse and mike- thank you!!

To bad could not color over the eBay into a gold box then go back the next day & get the guy to sign in the box in black sharpie with your name. Would look weird yes, but show the guy that book was for an actual fan.

Crappy thing to do though guy should have at least asked for name to personalize instead of putting eBay.

To bad could not color over the eBay into a gold box then go back the next day & get the guy to sign in the box in black sharpie with your name. Would look weird yes, but show the guy that book was for an actual fan.

Crappy thing to do though guy should have at least asked for name to personalize instead of putting eBay.

The guy who had Sean's books likely didn't know that they belonged to Sean (I was with him and I didn't know that they were Sean's books). Mike did ask who he should make the books out to and they guy asked him not to personalize the books. Mike then proceeded to attack books. I was lucky enough to get my books as far away as possible when this happened.

As messed up as this sounds, Sean sort of lucked out. The guy who had Sean's books had one that mike made out "to Harley" even though the guy's name isn't Harley.

This "Mike" sounds like a total tool. Although it is a creator's right to refuse to sign, or personalize, it is not his/her right to do whatever he/she feels with someone's personal property.

If they (creators) are so concerned over a secondary market, charge a $5 or $10 signing fee. There are plenty of them that do that now.