• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,218 posts in this topic

Still trying to complete a run of Beware in 6.0/7.0 or higher. This book seems to only turn up in very low grade. I've waited, and waited, and...no luck. This was an ebay snag a few days ago. I read somewhere that DC was a 'shadowy' owner of Trojan...going back to the girly pulps by that publisher name, too.

8e54eab5-1e4b-4833-b527-3d151d0f6f05_zpsrf77nong.jpg

Still trying to complete a run of Beware in 6.0/7.0 or higher. This book seems to only turn up in very low grade. I've waited, and waited, and...no luck. This was an ebay snag a few days ago. I read somewhere that DC was a 'shadowy' owner of Trojan...going back to the girly pulps by that publisher name, too.

This was an obvious lampoon on competitors, EC comics.

Notice the 'Old Witch' and the 'Vault keeper' and the artist is a young Bill Gaines, although it would have been more accurate if it was Al Feldstein as Bill didn't actually draw the comicstrips.

Never seen this cover before, me likey :cloud9:

Notice the 'Old Witch' and the 'Vault keeper' and the artist is a young Bill Gaines, although it would have been more accurate if it was Al Feldstein as Bill didn't actually draw the comicstrips.

Actually it's Myron Fass as a self portrait! :gossip:

Myron_Fass8-721259.jpg

With these pre-code books I would say I am not being a grade whore as much as I used to be, if they present well that will do...

But its also the case that with some of these just getting a copy is an achievement , one can worry about grade later!

Census numbers mean a lot with these books, just how likely are you to find another copy

Myron_Fass8-721259.jpg

I know, but it definitely looks like a parody of Gaines, given the other factors.

Check this out...

RnLUODK.jpg

Myron_Fass8-721259.jpg

I know, but it definitely looks like a parody of Gaines, given the other factors.

Check this out...

RnLUODK.jpg

This is the Gains / Feldstein "end of the line" parody cover by Everett! (thumbs u

Strange%20Tales%20%2050%20CGC%203.0_zpsx5rluicg.jpg

Myron_Fass8-721259.jpg

Check this out...

RnLUODK.jpg

This is the Gains / Feldstein "end of the line" parody cover by Everett! (thumbs u

Strange%20Tales%20%2050%20CGC%203.0_zpsx5rluicg.jpg

Thanks for posting that Meister, that's a new one on me :luhv: