• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

I did order a couple of books from this guy that I was going to submit for grading so I will let you know. I actually had a good conversation with him and even talked to his wife. It was obviously a home based business as I heard little ones in the background. I guess I might be easily duped but it felt very legitimate to me.

So to answer Tony's question I ordered a TOS 39, 40, Hulk 1, ASM 129 and IM 55 from them. So even though you guys have me scared spitless the optimist in me must say the jury is still out until I receive my books. Hope springs eternal they say and I find myself reeeeaaally trying hard to hope.

I will report back when I receive the books.

Here is hoping for NO Helter Skelter!

Considering he pulled the same scam on a boardie on ebay - selling keys at "too good to be true prices" and then sending reprints - I'd say the jury is back from session and the verdict is already in :gossip:

TOS 39, 40, Hulk 1, ASM 129 and IM 55

Why does this seem like an odd first order from an unknown vendor to me?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all those books still up and available on the site?

Plus, we don't make much of a distinction between scammers and other evil-doers around here. They are all hunted down and killed with extreme prejudice.

I used to like the Foolkiller, I think it’s a much better character than the Punisher, as he does not have all this background which in some way "justify" and make the Punisher look like a sort of "superhero". Which he is not… ;)

I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

It was not meant as a joke, even if you started to joke about it. I probably worded it not so well, but I meant that the way the Foolkiller and the Punisher both look at a self-administered kind of "justice" does not make one better than the other.

I understood the Manson example was meant with irony, but nonetheless it disturbs me the fact that Manson have been able to get away with so much nonsense because he’s "insane", while a "regular" killer would not have stirred the sensation he had.

Gerber was a great writer and always took into account all the implications of human actions, that is why I consider the Foolkiller an accomplished character, while the Punisher is more akin to american "action movie" heroes, and thus a bit unrealistic.

All this to say it‘s better not to joke lightly about murder. lol

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all those books still up and available on the site?

I'm sure everything will pan out for the OP, assuming, of course, that this entire thread isn't a load of hastily made-up cobblers.

Plus, we don't make much of a distinction between scammers and other evil-doers around here. They are all hunted down and killed with extreme prejudice.

I used to like the Foolkiller, I think it’s a much better character than the Punisher, as he does not have all this background which in some way "justify" and make the Punisher look like a sort of "superhero". Which he is not… ;)

I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

It was not meant as a joke, even if you started to joke about it. I probably worded it not so well, but I meant that the way the Foolkiller and the Punisher both look at a self-administered kind of "justice" does not make one better than the other.

I understood the Manson example was meant with irony, but nonetheless it disturbs me the fact that Manson have been able to get away with so much nonsense because he’s "insane", while a "regular" killer would not have stirred the sensation he had.

Gerber was a great writer and always took into account all the implications of human actions, that is why I consider the Foolkiller an accomplished character, while the Punisher is more akin to american "action movie" heroes, and thus a bit unrealistic.

All this to say it‘s better not to joke lightly about murder. lol

I still don't understand what you mean. Manson didn't "get away" with anything. He was sentenced to death. California abolished the death penalty after the conviction and sentencing.

I'm sure everything will pan out for the OP, assuming, of course, that this entire thread isn't a load of hastily made-up cobblers.

This whole thread stinks I tell ya',stinks. meh

Darn tootin'. :preach:

I will report back when I receive the books.

I'd say the odds of you getting them is somewhere between none and none.

But here's a kitten for you...

cute-kittens-20-great-pictures-1.jpg

I still don't understand what you mean. Manson didn't "get away" with anything. He was sentenced to death. California abolished the death penalty after the conviction and sentencing.

Again, I worded badly. Bear with me, my english is not good as it seems… lol

I just meant that Manson nonetheless acquired a sort of "fandom" among certain groups of people, and thus is a sort of "celebrity". That’s why I find problematic to make irony related to such things.

And yes, that site stinks, it’s too good to have such books at those prices.

Darn tootin'. :preach:

:)

Maybe it's just PTSD on my part from seeing so many people get ripped off by scammers and shills, but this just doesn't pass the sniff test to me. My Spidey senses are tingling.

Again, I worded badly. Bear with me, my english is not good as it seems… lol

I just meant that Manson nonetheless acquired a sort of "fandom" among certain groups of people, and thus is a sort of "celebrity". That’s why I find problematic to make irony related to such things.

And yes, that site stinks, it’s too good to have such books at those prices.

I maintain there's a difference between infamy and celebrity. But okay...I get it. You didn't like my Manson joke. lol