• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

He sent over 600 messages? That is crazy…

Does Prophet DNA also get a strike too though? He isn't active a poster…

How does Arch know that?

All 600 folks complained, of course, which is the only reason they look at private messages.

OR timern posted it himself elsewhere and I stumbled across it while verifying what exactly was being spammed.

Honestly, guys... we shouldn't waste all that tin foil. ;)

No tin foil here, I just guess, since those are the rules after all.

Yep, he sent out a bunch of messages inviting folks to participate in a different online comics discussion board, and since CGC is in the business of online comics discussion boards, that makes him a competitor, and that is against the rules.

He sent out 600+ PMs - it doesn't matter what the content was, he would have gotten a strike for spamming no matter what.

The last one I got from him was complimenting me on how AWESOME my statue collection is, and how I should post them on whatever fargin' forum he was pimping.

That would be a cool compliment if I actually owned any statues, much less an entire collection.

It guess he did it selectively to those who are most active.

Which means Kav probably got a least 300 PMs from him!

Least that cad deserves.

cad?

Kav is over on their boards…

…and probably already reached the pinnacle of posting titles! :acclaim:

Yep, he sent out a bunch of messages inviting folks to participate in a different online comics discussion board, and since CGC is in the business of online comics discussion boards, that makes him a competitor, and that is against the rules.

Ok I will attempt to answer this.

CGC is not in the business of online comics discussion boards. CGC IS in the business of encapsulating books. One of the ways that they promote their encapsulation services is by having fans of their product gather in an area where they can discuss their product. The only reason that a sales thread is permitted is because they promote the value of their services by selling books that have already been graded by CGC or books that MAY be graded by CGC. Every chat area, is somehow geared directly or indirectly toward the idea to maintain interest in comic books with the hopes that people will see CGC encapsulation services as a valuable tool toward further maintaining interest in preserving the books. If another forum is going to discuss the competition in a positive light then that detracts from people potentially sending in books to CGC. The reasoning behind the strikes honestly makes sense to me. However the inconsistency does not.

When I see that Metropolis and SparkleCity chooses to use another service to grade such high profile books as Detective Comics 27 and other pre-Robin Tec's it leads me to believe that major dealers are lending credibility to other encapsulation companies by selling those books in the competitors' holder. If that is the case then should not their presence and advertisement of their event auctions also be limited? That should not be the case but it seems that this is where we are headed and that is truly saddening.

According to my registry stats I have 258 slabs. I have about 10 slabs that I have never entered into the registry and 2 slabs from a competing company that I want to hand off to CGC. I have a LOT of money invested in my personal collection currently encapsulated in CGC holders ranging from major keys to early GA superhero books. My collection is supposedly more expansive (I did not say expensive) than some other collections and I realize that my collection is dwarfed by the collections of other members. However we all share one thing in common. The majority of our collections are slabbed by CGC. We want to see the value in that collection be maintained. In order for that to happen CGC needs to continue to be a giant in the encapsulation business. I do not want CGC to fade away. That would not be good for the market nor the value of my collection. The current actions are leaving a poor taste in the mouths of many users and I fear it is driving them away. It may not be true, but the perception of a few decisions are driving people away. I do not want to see CGC ignore and dismiss the competition throwing a blanket over it in the hopes that it will disappear. I want CGC to embrace the competition, look at the innovations that the competition makes, look at areas that CGC can improve and make those improvements in order to demonstrate why CGC is the premier service in grading and encapsulation.

And despite having nearly 40,000 posts and spending the last eleven years on this forum without a break, I didn't get spammed by that guy. :cry:

You scared him

Probably fled from the red pants.

I can post PM send by smoke signal email you the url to the offending chat board.

And despite having nearly 40,000 posts and spending the last eleven years on this forum without a break, I didn't get spammed by that guy. :cry:

You scared him

Probably fled from the red pants.

I can post PM send by smoke signal email you the url to the offending chat board.

Security threat

I understand the outrage. The uneven moderation is bizarre.

However, Timern literally sent somewhere in the ballpark of 1000 users messages and some more than once (his number- not mine). He literally went through the users list and sent messages in order. That is SPAM and not allowed. It is why you can't access user lists until you are a member. They want to avoid people stealing personal information.

This isn't CGC as the big bad boogie man guys. It isn't like Joey's posts suddenly vanishing. This is a situation where someone spent hours going through and sending messages to everyone.

I like Timern and I post on the other boards, but he is lucky he wasn't banned.

CGC is not in the business of online comics discussion boards. CGC IS in the business of encapsulating books. One of the ways that they promote their encapsulation services is by having fans of their product gather in an area where they can discuss their product. The only reason that a sales thread is permitted is because they promote the value of their services by selling books that have already been graded by CGC or books that MAY be graded by CGC. Every chat area, is somehow geared directly or indirectly toward the idea to maintain interest in comic books with the hopes that people will see CGC encapsulation services as a valuable tool toward further maintaining interest in preserving the books. If another forum is going to discuss the competition in a positive light then that detracts from people potentially sending in books to CGC. The reasoning behind the strikes honestly makes sense to me. However the inconsistency does not.

When I see that Metropolis and SparkleCity chooses to use another service to grade such high profile books as Detective Comics 27 and other pre-Robin Tec's it leads me to believe that major dealers are lending credibility to other encapsulation companies by selling those books in the competitors' holder. If that is the case then should not their presence and advertisement of their event auctions also be limited? That should not be the case but it seems that this is where we are headed and that is truly saddening.

According to my registry stats I have 258 slabs. I have about 10 slabs that I have never entered into the registry and 2 slabs from a competing company that I want to hand off to CGC. I have a LOT of money invested in my personal collection currently encapsulated in CGC holders ranging from major keys to early GA superhero books. My collection is supposedly more expansive (I did not say expensive) than some other collections and I realize that my collection is dwarfed by the collections of other members. However we all share one thing in common. The majority of our collections are slabbed by CGC. We want to see the value in that collection be maintained. In order for that to happen CGC needs to continue to be a giant in the encapsulation business. I do not want CGC to fade away. That would not be good for the market nor the value of my collection. The current actions are leaving a poor taste in the mouths of many users and I fear it is driving them away. It may not be true, but the perception of a few decisions are driving people away. I do not want to see CGC ignore and dismiss the competition throwing a blanket over it in the hopes that it will disappear. I want CGC to embrace the competition, look at the innovations that the competition makes, look at areas that CGC can improve and make those improvements in order to demonstrate why CGC is the premier service in grading and encapsulation.

Well said. :applause:

How do people find the time to post on multiple message boards?

Go outside ya freaks :baiting:

(thumbs u

Step away from the keyboard and go out side for goodness sake! If nothing else, think of all the Vitamin D you can get.

Well said. :applause:

Once in awhile I make sense.