• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

I've been more than generous-and have been consistently mocked. I gave $300 for $200 and was mocked. I gave the PIF under one pretext now I'm expected to go along with another boardie's decision-that was not my agreement. I'm still willing to give $300-and I'm still being mocked. I'm about done with this whole thing.

I've been more than generous-and have been consistently mocked. I gave $300 for $200 and was mocked. I gave the PIF under one pretext now I'm expected to go along with another boardie's decision-that was not my agreement. I'm still willing to give $300-and I'm still being mocked. I'm about done with this whole thing.

What they're trying to say is this:

Boardie A - Offers comic ($300)

Boardie B - :takeit: and offers up something else

Boardie C - :takeit: and offers up his. Thread gets locked.

Boardie B is still entitled to his :takeit: , which in this case was $300. His end of the deal was getting his offer claimed, which it did. You're going from C all the way back to A and acting like the rest the claims didn't happen.

Boardie B is still entitled to his :takeit: , which in this case was $300. His end of the deal was getting his offer claimed, which it did. You're going from C all the way back to A and acting like the rest the claims didn't happen.

Please show me in the rules where it says what happens when the thread gets locked.

Because if you're just making that up it is irrelevant.

If the rules state that I will be happy to comply.

As of 10:40 or so PST, PIF was gone, then scrubbed and finally put on lock. If Arch decides to put the thread on permanent lock I will put my offer up later as a RAK available to people that were active in the thread in the last 6 months or year or something.

All I would ask in return is that the claimer make a reasonable donation (doesnt need to equal the item claimed dollar for dollar) to one of the reputable Military or Police charity threads to help soldiers or families of fallen officers.

Somewhere some very upset participants are waking up to the news.

jackass_400x400.jpg

Here's my thoughts.

If PIF is locked, as the last recipient I should hold a contest of some sort and the winner gets the $200. or donate it as a prize in the grading contest.

If Hokie RAKs off $300 worth of books and the first person to hit the button in RAK gets them that doesn't seem quite fair.

Maybe if you read this...

As of 10:40 or so PST, PIF was gone, then scrubbed and finally put on lock. If Arch decides to put the thread on permanent lock I will put my offer up later as a RAK available to people that were active in the thread in the last 6 months or year or something.

All I would ask in return is that the claimer make a reasonable donation (doesnt need to equal the item claimed dollar for dollar) to one of the reputable Military or Police charity threads to help soldiers or families of fallen officers.

that's nice but is independent of what my decision to do with the PIF I received is.

As i understand it in the past people who received a PIF when the thread stalled just kept them. I'm offering to donate mine. Not to some charity-which imo are riddled with greed by those that run the charity, but to the grading contest.

So you gave away $500 total to prove a point? I admire the strength of your conviction. (worship)

I haven't given away anything.

I received $200. I offered $300. The thread died before that offer could be consumated. I now have $200.

One thing is for sure-around here, if you're generous, you get mocked. Even when you thought I gave away $500-still mockery. Great.

I wasn't mocking you, I was being super cereal. Last I saw, shadow took your offer of $300, offered up items of his own, which Hokie then claimed. Then it looked like you were saying you were going to donate the $200 you claimed from Rfoii.

On what grounds are shadow's and Hokies claim now invalid? (shrug)

Hokie's claim wasn't taken therefore it reverts back to Shadow, only his offer can't be taken.

Assuming anyone else agrees with that assessment, how are you exempt from giving the $300 to shadow? In the past, when the thread stalled, someone would re-start it by offering up something new with the expectation (or hope, really) that the last person that claimed something that didn't get taken would offer it up as a RAK, so they didn't get something for free. It seems that's what Hokie plans on doing. What's wrong with that?

You get your item when your offer is claimed. Reverting has no effect.

Please show me in the rules where it says what happens when the thread gets locked.

Kav, there's nothing in the rules about vetoing offers, either.

People have traded items with boardies that were later found out to be shills or scammers. Would they be allowed to veto their offer on the grounds they don't want to do business with people like that, and invalidate pages and pages of claims? The answer to that question would be a resounding "no".

Once Hokie claimed shadows offer, you lost your right to veto. If you didn't want to give $300 away, you shouldn't have offered it in the first place.

Here's my thoughts.

If PIF is locked, as the last recipient I should hold a contest of some sort and the winner gets the $200. or donate it as a prize in the grading contest.

If Hokie RAKs off $300 worth of books and the first person to hit the button in RAK gets them that doesn't seem quite fair.

that's nice but is independent of what my decision to do with the PIF I received is.

As i understand it in the past people who received a PIF when the thread stalled just kept them. I'm offering to donate mine. Not to some charity-which imo are riddled with greed by those that run the charity, but to the grading contest.

So you gave away $500 total to prove a point? I admire the strength of your conviction. (worship)

I received $200. I offered $300. The thread died before that offer could be consumated. I now have $200.

One thing is for sure-around here, if you're generous, you get mocked. Even when you thought I gave away $500-still mockery. Great.

I wasn't mocking you, I was being super cereal. Last I saw, shadow took your offer of $300, offered up items of his own, which Hokie then claimed. Then it looked like you were saying you were going to donate the $200 you claimed from Rfoii.

Hokie's claim wasn't taken therefore it reverts back to Shadow, only his offer can't be taken.

Assuming anyone else agrees with that assessment, how are you exempt from giving the $300 to shadow? In the past, when the thread stalled, someone would re-start it by offering up something new with the expectation (or hope, really) that the last person that claimed something that didn't get taken would offer it up as a RAK, so they didn't get something for free. It seems that's what Hokie plans on doing. What's wrong with that?

I was under the impression if your offer is claimed, but say a junk donkey claims it and puts up a woodgod that is never claimed, you do not get your PIF.

Here's my thoughts.

I was under the impression if your offer is claimed, but say a junk donkey claims it and puts up a woodgod that is never claimed, you do not get your PIF.

But that is a different scenario. The person who claimed your offer had their offer claimed, which means you must ship.

People have traded items with boardies that were later found out to be shills or scammers. Would they be allowed to veto their offer on the grounds they don't want to do business with people like that, and invalidate pages and pages of claims? The answer to that question would be a resounding "no".

Once Hokie claimed shadows offer, you lost your right to veto. If you didn't want to give $300 away, you shouldn't have offered it in the first place.

There is a standing rule about vetoes. It has been discussed. Where has what happens if the thread gets locked been discussed?

I am willing to give the $300, but I offered it as a PIF. Now you want to change things and say now the PIF becomes a RAK which becomes a charity. That is not the understanding I gave the PIF under. You cannot unilaterally change a contract. An offer and and acceptance is a contract. The offer has the understanding that you are giving a PIF, which the next guy will PIF etc. That was the offer I made. I did not offer a PIF which could become a RAK then a charity.

Here's my thoughts.

But in the real scenario, the next offer (which would be the junk donkey in your post above) DID get the item claimed. So now whatever book the JD claimed (the $300 in this case) goes to him.

Here's my thoughts.

But that is a different scenario. The person who claimed your offer had their offer claimed, which means you must ship.

Ah-you are right-I got confused.

I will send Shadow his money.

There is a standing rule about vetoes. It has been discussed. Where has what happens if the thread gets locked been discussed?

I am willing to give the $300, but I offered it as a PIF. Now you want to change things and say now the PIF becomes a RAK which becomes a charity. That is not the understanding I gave the PIF under. You cannot unilaterally change a contract. An offer and and acceptance is a contract. The offer has the understanding that you are giving a PIF, which the next guy will PIF etc. That was the offer I made. I did not offer a PIF which could become a RAK then a charity.

Edit - Just saw your post about being confused.

Yes sorry I got confused folks. Something about Hokie offering a RAK got me all confused.

We all know shadow is not going to keep the $300 without giving up an offer so let him decide to donate it or whatever. It makes sense to keep following the standard rules even though the thread is locked. Kav should send the $300 (which may be the last claimed offer). Once Kav said Shadows offer was good invalidated a veto option.

What CAHokie does is irrelevant to you. Your offer was claimed by Shadow, end of your chain Pay the man!