• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting rid of spiders in storage area with comics

92 posts in this topic

When I lived in NC and was building houses I saw a ton of Black Widow spiders. Had never seen one in the wild until then. I must've killed 50 of them one summer. They would build their nests in the underground plumbing boxes outside of each home. They creeped me out.

Had that when I lived in Northern Virginia and I was running a second line from our external phone box. I opened the box and had quite the surprise, as I had no idea there were black widows in the area.

The last plumber who went under my house near Richmond, Virginia, said that he bumped into a "clutch" of black widows and the babies poured out all over him. This is why I never have and never will go under my house. :o:o:o:fear:

When I lived in NC and was building houses I saw a ton of Black Widow spiders. Had never seen one in the wild until then. I must've killed 50 of them one summer. They would build their nests in the underground plumbing boxes outside of each home. They creeped me out.

Had that when I lived in Northern Virginia and I was running a second line from our external phone box. I opened the box and had quite the surprise, as I had no idea there were black widows in the area.

The last plumber who went under my house near Richmond, Virginia, said that he bumped into a "clutch" of black widows and the babies poured out all over him. This is why I never have and never will go under my house. :o:o:o:fear:

r02xid.jpg

-slym

Same thing happened to us when we lived in LA.California.

A nest was found by a contractor in a cubby in the garage.

Scared the daylights out of him.

What the...?

I open this thread and am deathly afraid of bugs...spiders I can tolerate, but those crawling things are not my cup of tea.

Can this thread come with a warning? I just dropped an iPad Mini after opening this thread.

:taptaptap:

So now we know your krytonite! BWWAAAhahahahahahahahahaha! :devil:

Take it from an exterminator,you will never complete rid yourself of spiders.

The former entomologist agrees.

I will add that brown recluses do not have a complete distribution across the U.S. Studies or descriptions have shown that in instances that they have been found outside of this distribution, it was due to either the person moving there from somewhere within the distribution or the spider was accidentally shipped. The OP, according to the location in the avatar area, is within that area. If you live in New England, the Pacific Northwest, the Upper Midwest (MI, MN, WI) or other areas of the U.S., I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm also chuckling at the idea that centipedes are better. Look at the underside of a species of Scolopendra, and you'll see what I mean.

In the end, I agree that the likely culprit, based on size, is a wolf spider.

Yeah, I'd start by removing any Spider-man issues out of there. Clearly it's trying to read its way through those runs. When it got angry at you it was surely just mad at being interrupted.

Or it was angry about the Spider-Ugh, Ben Reilly.

(:

-slym