• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance Game.

158 posts in this topic

If you want to make it a game you should name a character, let someone answer it first one who gets it right then name another character. Like so:

Layla " I know stuff" Miller

That could be fun..I'll start:

Flamebird!

I like the idea! Flamebird, Superman 158 1st series

My turn: Storm Shadow

If you want to make it a game you should name a character, let someone answer it first one who gets it right then name another character. Like so:

Layla " I know stuff" Miller

That could be fun..I'll start:

Flamebird!

I like the idea! Flamebird, Superman 158 1st series

My turn: Storm Shadow

GI Joe #21 Marvel Series - The Silent Issue

My turn - I will make it annoying...

Wolverine heh heh

Michonne - Walking Dead 19 though (and I don't personally count this myself) there is an ad at back of #18 with famous cover of #19.

Drum roll please, this will now turn into a WD 1st appearances thread.

Who wants to play a really FUN game??

The rules are simple!!

Rule 1: Look at the list below; and

Rule 2: Tell me the thousands of appearances that are missing!!!

Do you REALLY want thousands? :o

Well, ok...

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/1st_1930to1979.txt

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/1st_1980to2012.txt

:foryou:

The answer is in there somewhere.

Miracleman – Miracleman #1 (1985)

That's a reprint from Warrior #1-3 !!

Miracleman/Marvelman (modern interpretation) – Warrior #1 (1982)

"Miracleman" was first mentioned in Marvel Super-Heroes no.387 July 1982.

In the following issue, no.388 Aug 1982, we see his gravestone.

Daredevils no.7 June 1983 featured pictured appearances of both "Miracleman" and Young Miracleman referred to as "Rick" (as in Richard "Dicky" Dauntless) both are killed by The Fury.

All the above are Moore written Marvel UK titles. I class them as legitimate appearances and understand they will be referenced in Marvel's forthcoming re-launch.

"Marvelman" in name does 1st appear in Warrior no.1. "Warpsmith" 1st appears on the rear cover of Warrior no.3.

Moore first talks about writing / re-launching Marvelman in the May 1981 issue of SSI.

"Marvelman" as a name is first mentioned in the L Miller "Captain Marvel" no.19 in early 1954.

So we have:

• Marvelman (original) first mentioned in the L Miller "Captain Marvel" no.19 (early 1954)
  • Marvelman (modern interpretation) first mention: SSI (May 1981)
  • Marvelman (modern interpretation) first appearance: Warrior #1 (March 1982)
  • Miracleman first use of name: Marvel Super-Heroes no.387 (July 1982)
  • Miracleman first appearance of character using name: Daredevils no.7 (June 1983)

But is Miracleman really a character or just a synonym for Marvelman? As a character he first appears in Warrior (modern version) ...or is the Daredevils #7 Miracleman a different character?

All nice and simple this first appearance game hm

To cloud things further, I would add... I believe Captain Marvel #19 is not just a mention of Marvelman, it's his first appearance. Meaning, he actually talks in the text piece. (I THINK, anyway...I know somewhere in Capt. Marvel 19-24 Marvelman "shows up" in print, talking in character. The way CGC put it on the label (1010071001) was: "Marvelman introduced in text page."

Same language for Young Marvelman re Capt. Marvel Jr. #19.

And, of course, this list omits Marvelman's real first appearance, Marvelman 25, which CGC labels: "1st appearance of Marvelman."

I'd also add Marvelman 102, recognized by CGC as "1st appearance of Kid Marvelman" to the first-appearance list.