• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-Pro is a thief

205 posts in this topic

and if a book does not come back the way that I had hoped, it falls on ME to pick better books to send.

...... and in the words of Frank Zappa, herein lies" The crux of the apostrophe..." GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... I'm kind of new around here.... was this a "Friday Thread"?....... and I'm with Roy here.... If Joey and Slab Pro are done with this.... I suppose we should be too 2c

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY! You left out the biscuit!

I love that album.

and if a book does not come back the way that I had hoped, it falls on ME to pick better books to send.

...... and in the words of Frank Zappa, herein lies" The crux of the apostrophe..." GOD BLESS....

..... I'm kind of new around here.... was this a "Friday Thread"?....... and I'm with Roy here.... If Joey and Slab Pro are done with this.... I suppose we should be too 2c

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY! You left out the biscuit!

I love that album.

..... and he even offered his albums for sale in the ad pages of comic books.... GOD BLESS...

Basically what we have for those just coming in based on what I can derive is this.

1). John (Slab pro) is playing the crack/press/resub game.

2). He used to send books in to Joe Grisola to get pressed.

3). After they are pressed they are sent to CGC and graded.

4). This is the cloudy part. John (Slab pro) gets the book(s) back from CGC, doesn't like the grades and still sees defects in the books. Maybe a call was made to CGC/Matt (CCS) who stated that the book wasn't pressed correctly.

5). Again a cloudy area so I'll assume that the book(s) were pressed by CCS but were or maybe not graded by CGC. Books are listed on Ebay by John (Slab pro) raw with "Guaranteed CGC" grades.

6). A couple of buyers buy the "Guaranteed CGC grade X.X" raw books, send them in to get graded and books do not grade out.

7). Joe Grisola sees these auctions and doesn't like the listings language based on the fact that the books he worked on would not grade out the "guaranteed" grades. Finds this business practice not to his liking and does not do business with John (Slab pro) any longer.

8). Passion one of the "Guaranteed CGC grade X.X" has issues with John (Slab pro) in communications and refunding of money. From what I can gather he has gotten the book purchase back but not his grading fees.

9). John is selling CGC books in the Golden/Silver Age forum which obviously is off certain forum members who had issues with his (Slab pro) now claimed former selling techniques.

Apologies if I'm leaving anything out.

There are a few amendments needed Bob, but it was John Seeberger who spotted him on ebay and not me. John brought it to my attention and it was at that point I decided I was no longer going to do work for him. When I get home I will sift through the old email exchanges to make sure the facts are represented properly, but you are very close in your assessment.

Basically what we have for those just coming in based on what I can derive is this.

1). John (Slab pro) is playing the crack/press/resub game.

2). He used to send books in to Joe Grisola to get pressed.

3). After they are pressed they are sent to CGC and graded.

4). This is the cloudy part. John (Slab pro) gets the book(s) back from CGC, doesn't like the grades and still sees defects in the books. Maybe a call was made to CGC/Matt (CCS) who stated that the book wasn't pressed correctly.

5). Again a cloudy area so I'll assume that the book(s) were pressed by CCS but were or maybe not graded by CGC. Books are listed on Ebay by John (Slab pro) raw with "Guaranteed CGC" grades.

6). A couple of buyers buy the "Guaranteed CGC grade X.X" raw books, send them in to get graded and books do not grade out.

7). Joe Grisola sees these auctions and doesn't like the listings language based on the fact that the books he worked on would not grade out the "guaranteed" grades. Finds this business practice not to his liking and does not do business with John (Slab pro) any longer.

8). Passion one of the "Guaranteed CGC grade X.X" has issues with John (Slab pro) in communications and refunding of money. From what I can gather he has gotten the book purchase back but not his grading fees.

9). John is selling CGC books in the Golden/Silver Age forum which obviously is off certain forum members who had issues with his (Slab pro) now claimed former selling techniques.

Apologies if I'm leaving anything out.

There are a few amendments needed Bob, but it was John Seeberger who spotted him on ebay and not me. John brought it to my attention and it was at that point I decided I was no longer going to do work for him. When I get home I will sift through the old email exchanges to make sure the facts are represented properly, but you are very close in your assessment.

I forgot it was me who told you that. I think it was a Hulk #181 that started the downward spiral of this guys fraudulent activity.

He bought books graded at 9.0 and he pressed them and they came back 9.0, so he cracked them out again and sent them in and they got 9.8s.

Just caught up on this thread and my head is pounding. Going from 9.0 to 9.8 is like night and day. Did he actually show you the upgraded slab or is this hearsay?

Many years ago I bought a batch of IM #55's from a local show. I sent in about 5 copies to get graded and they all came back in various grades - I think they went 9.0, 9.0, 9.2 9.2, 9.6 or something like that.

I was stupified that the 9.0 copies came back in such a low graded but I needed the money and so sold all the copies off.

Well, Jive Turkey bought one of my 9.0 copies and on a straight resub with no pressing the book regraded a 9.6.

I never did figure out how or why but there you have it. Jive, you out there? :hi:

Jives not here man, but I am. The book was hit again and resubmitted. IIRC there was a nearly invisible dull spot from moisture on the back cover that I was able to get out completely.