• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, xcomic said:

Thank you, I appreciate this invitation! :-) There are some wonderful people here and under different circumstances I could definitely see myself becoming a regular visitor/contributor here (the phenomenal pence threads from @Marwood & I are particularly inspiring to me).  But for now I'm here just on a "short-term mission" to defend myself.  All of the members of my price guide team anticipated there would be reactions both positive and negative as soon as people discovered our project, so in that sense this brouhaha wasn't entirely unexpected. 

In the other thread, I publicly posted an offer to feature the person behind the RMA handle with a 500 word spotlight quote -- as a named source -- in the main body of one of my most highly-trafficked newsstand articles, and I said the offer was good for one week; I'm hanging out until then to see what transpires, but after that concludes in one direction or the other, I was planning to end my visit here.

Sincerely,

- Ben p.s.  If CGC was ever to make changes around here to take identity verification more seriously on these boards (all customers have credit cards on record so in theory CGC has the means to enforce a one-handle-per-customer policy), then I hope you will reach out to me with a private message and let me know of such changes.  Because if I was comfortable that I would be conversing with unique people, the environment here for longer-term participation on the boards would be acceptable to me; today, it is not, because the only requirement for a completely-anonymous handle is a working email address.

Hopefully you decide to come back and at least chime in once in a while. Many of us get along in here though there are exceptions. Good luck with your blog.

Hey all! My name is Austin, and I just picked up collecting again a little over a year ago. I read a lot of marvel (mostly X-Men related and Spidey) as a kid in the 90s. I've been on a budget lately due to going back to school for a career change, but on the upside I've found it can be therapeutic digging through long boxes looking for gems! Been reading up on the web and figured this forum would be great for storing/preserving and great general advice. Thanks in advance for all the help!

23 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Hey all! My name is Austin, and I just picked up collecting again a little over a year ago. I read a lot of marvel (mostly X-Men related and Spidey) as a kid in the 90s. I've been on a budget lately due to going back to school for a career change, but on the upside I've found it can be therapeutic digging through long boxes looking for gems! Been reading up on the web and figured this forum would be great for storing/preserving and great general advice. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Welcome Austin! We're glad to have you :)

On 11/2/2013 at 12:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Hello everyone.i have no clue what the heck I'm doing posting about my comic book collection on here because I'm technically illiterate. I've always liked comics and I have a bunch of books from all ages DC, marvel, valiant, image, Topps. I remember as a kid going to my local comic shop and buying books and the wizard price guide. I honestly have near mint condition books that are just sitting here.and I'm interested in getting them certified so I can sell them. Anyone that can help me in this regard please reply kindly.thanks. 

6 hours ago, WIZARDbolt said:

Hello everyone.i have no clue what the heck I'm doing posting about my comic book collection on here because I'm technically illiterate. I've always liked comics and I have a bunch of books from all ages DC, marvel, valiant, image, Topps. I remember as a kid going to my local comic shop and buying books and the wizard price guide. I honestly have near mint condition books that are just sitting here.and I'm interested in getting them certified so I can sell them. Anyone that can help me in this regard please reply kindly.thanks. 

Welcome! If you ask around, I'm sure you'll find the help you need here. There's also a newbie collecting forum where you can ask specific questions, and if you search around, may find some answers already there.

Hey,

Not exactly a new member. I don’t know if anyone remembers me from days gone by, went by the username Kiltman!

Went off the comic scene for a while due to studies and life getting in the way. I’ve started to find myself drawn back into comic life though so thought it would be nice to come back here and see who is still around!

Lew

20 hours ago, Kiltmann said:

Hey,

Not exactly a new member. I don’t know if anyone remembers me from days gone by, went by the username Kiltman!

Went off the comic scene for a while due to studies and life getting in the way. I’ve started to find myself drawn back into comic life though so thought it would be nice to come back here and see who is still around!

Lew

Aye Kilty, I remember ye!

welcome back! :hi:

Hello everyone, 

I am an avid Batman collector, mostly original art and comics. 
New to the whole CGC and grading aspect, that's not big at all where I come from. Close to nonexistent.. 

Looking for blank cover and commission opportunities. 
Especially from Gabriele Dell'Otto, he tops my list.

Curious to learn more on all this forum has to offer! 

1 hour ago, RichGo said:

Hello everyone, 

I am an avid Batman collector, mostly original art and comics. 
New to the whole CGC and grading aspect, that's not big at all where I come from. Close to nonexistent.. 

Looking for blank cover and commission opportunities. 
Especially from Gabriele Dell'Otto, he tops my list.

Curious to learn more on all this forum has to offer! 

Welcome!! Glad to have you :)

Hello all,

I was a comic book collector as a kid/teenager and stopped collecting in the 90's, due to foil/hologram/etc covers and was not a fan of the art and storylines of the time. :(. I still have my modest collection (a few hundred comics) and started browsing/purchasing again earlier this year. Amazing Spider-man was my title of choice, but I am really into mostly silver-age Marvels and DC and some bronze age. I really was dubious of graded comics being encased, but now I really enjoy them and love displaying them! I have made a few CGC purchases that I have been happy with, New Teen Titans #2 (9.4), Amazing Spiderman #7 (4.5), and Fantastic Four #49 (5.5). Definitely excited to continue to grow my collection, search for great bargains and maybe even submit some of my old collection to be graded! 

Hi everyone,

Today is my first day on the site.  I'm a huge Spider-Man fan and right now I'm trying to put a book or something together about comic books and the things that they have been through,  I'm researching the following.  Star Stamps, Subscription creases, Military Ad pre Mark Jewelers, Mark Jewelers inserts, Stripped Comic Returned and Distributor Spray and anything else that comic book have gone through, lol.  If anyone can help me with any of the above listed or anything else you can think of I would really appreciate it. 

Hi, everyone; new to the boards, here!

Quite a few years ago I met @DocHoppus182 who was into comics - something I wasn't too familiar with, aside from my short middle school interest in browsing the Archie and Sabrina titles at my local library.... Fast forward a few years later and I have a collection of my own! What started out as buying all Porky & Petunia Pig covers has turned into a hefty Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies collection (and all related LT collectibles). I also enjoy finding other Four Color, Dell, and Disney books at shows. While my heart lies with Bugs & friends, I do have a pull at a local shop and enjoy reading mostly Boom! comics titles.  Looking forward to using the boards / seeing what's already been posted.

I’m Adam - comic collecting here and there for most of my life - started with Marvel and branched to DC / Image / Dark Horse in the 90’s . Primarily collect Marvel/ DC silver age forward - fairly heavy reader of TPBs as well and just started sending comics to CGC within the last year 

Hi Everyone, I am Matt and I am completely new to comic books.  I have been collecting sports cards all my life, but went to a small Comic Con in Durham NC last weekend with my son.  I loved it!  I find myself wanting to learn about comics and thought this was a good place to start, as in my previously mentioned sports card life, the main grading company (PSA) has a chat room that offers tons of insight and opportunity to grow in knowledge.  Anyway, I have always been a HUGE fan of Wolverine / Marvel so I think I am going to target the below in GCC grades and just spend alot of time listening and reading what others have to say on these boards, in hopes of educating myself.  

Hulk # 181

Wolverine #1

NYX #3 

Hi everybody! Hi Dr Nick! Jk. I'm still a newbie to the boards been here a few months. A friend of mine told me about this and was always saying how awesome it is. I started just scoping out good buys. But now the more I'm on here the more I see how much of a tight knit community this is from the constant charity of helping out flood victims to the small stuff of just pressing a couple books for someone to get them back on the right track after losing everything. The more I'm on here the more I see. I'm gonna get fired from my job cause I spend most my day at work reading posts! LOL.

??Sean

8 minutes ago, Stoy77 said:

Hi everybody! Hi Dr Nick! Jk. I'm still a newbie to the boards been here a few months. A friend of mine told me about this and was always saying how awesome it is. I started just scoping out good buys. But now the more I'm on here the more I see how much of a tight knit community this is from the constant charity of helping out flood victims to the small stuff of just pressing a couple books for someone to get them back on the right track after losing everything. The more I'm on here the more I see. I'm gonna get fired from my job cause I spend most my day at work reading posts! LOL.

??Sean

Welcome Sean!! ^^