WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
42 42

1,831 posts in this topic

1 post

Hi there everyone,

My name is Aaron - and a long time comic book fan though I started collecting more seriously a couple of years ago, took a break though due to life/work and returned with a vengeance this year.

As a collector I'm building out collections of many classic stories with a focus on Batman stories and Spider-Man stories. Though I've also added a few other key ones to my list as well. 

I'll definitely be looking to round out key titles in the coming months/year. Looking forward to being part of the community here.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,479 posts
On 1/27/2019 at 2:27 AM, aarond87 said:

Hi there everyone,

My name is Aaron - and a long time comic book fan though I started collecting more seriously a couple of years ago, took a break though due to life/work and returned with a vengeance this year.

As a collector I'm building out collections of many classic stories with a focus on Batman stories and Spider-Man stories. Though I've also added a few other key ones to my list as well. 

I'll definitely be looking to round out key titles in the coming months/year. Looking forward to being part of the community here.

Cheers

Welcome to the boards, aarond87! :applause:

Have a great time!! :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,382 posts
On 1/27/2019 at 1:27 AM, aarond87 said:

Hi there everyone,

My name is Aaron - and a long time comic book fan though I started collecting more seriously a couple of years ago, took a break though due to life/work and returned with a vengeance this year.

As a collector I'm building out collections of many classic stories with a focus on Batman stories and Spider-Man stories. Though I've also added a few other key ones to my list as well. 

I'll definitely be looking to round out key titles in the coming months/year. Looking forward to being part of the community here.

Cheers

Welcome :) Aaron :headbang: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,966 posts
On 1/27/2019 at 2:27 AM, aarond87 said:

Hi there everyone,

My name is Aaron - and a long time comic book fan though I started collecting more seriously a couple of years ago, took a break though due to life/work and returned with a vengeance this year.

As a collector I'm building out collections of many classic stories with a focus on Batman stories and Spider-Man stories. Though I've also added a few other key ones to my list as well. 

I'll definitely be looking to round out key titles in the coming months/year. Looking forward to being part of the community here.

Cheers

Welcome, A-a-ron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 post

Greetings,  My name is Robie, I live in The Bronx, New York.   I'm 47 and stopped collecting about 25+ years ago.   I just recently started looking at some videos on Youtube and I can tell it will be awhile before I can adjust to everything new and especially grading.   I have a few books from the early 90's that I would like to get graded, not for sale just for my PC.   I just have to figure out how to grade a book to send in.     

 Anyway I'm happy I found this forum.   There's so much to learn.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,818 posts

Lots of new people signing up. If they need any counseling send them my way. :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,966 posts
37 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Lots of new people signing up. If they need any counseling send them my way. :facepalm:

What if you need counseling..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,818 posts
7 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

What if you need counseling..?

been there done it. they threw me out of a group chat, and an anger management program. then I found these boards, and found peace.

 

Edited by DR.X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,382 posts
On 1/28/2019 at 11:46 AM, M&MCollectiblesLLC said:

Hello all! Just saying Hi!

-M&M-

Howdy! :foryou: 

17 hours ago, JayTris07 said:

Greetings,  My name is Robie, I live in The Bronx, New York.   I'm 47 and stopped collecting about 25+ years ago.   I just recently started looking at some videos on Youtube and I can tell it will be awhile before I can adjust to everything new and especially grading.   I have a few books from the early 90's that I would like to get graded, not for sale just for my PC.   I just have to figure out how to grade a book to send in.     

 Anyway I'm happy I found this forum.   There's so much to learn.   

Welcome All :headbang: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,022 posts
On 11/2/2013 at 3:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

 

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

 

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

 

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

 

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

 

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thanks,

I'm new. I love talking comics and getting advice and talking about recent purchases hard to find a place as in depth as here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70 posts

Hi everyone...(the ones who read these posts)

Name is David and I'm getting out/away from the sports card industry  and like that. Decided id rather do comics and toys.

From Texas, disabled vet ( ARMY), married  and  have 3 children.

Pretty simple life deserves a pretty simple post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,382 posts
On 2/16/2019 at 7:57 AM, Goku9000 said:

Hi everyone...(the ones who read these posts)

Name is David and I'm getting out/away from the sports card industry  and like that. Decided id rather do comics and toys.

From Texas, disabled vet ( ARMY), married  and  have 3 children.

Pretty simple life deserves a pretty simple post.

Hello David :) and welcome :headbang: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

Hello all, 

My name is Scott, I live in upstate NY and I just wanted to say hello to everyone once again.  I was a member of the old CGC boards (yes, back when the giving tree thread was still giving :roflmao: ) before CGC changed over to this new message board format, but just as they were changing over my wife and I had our baby boy.   After that priorities changed to mortgage and diapers and comic buying all but stopped, but after a seven year hiatus I am ready to jump in and get back in the hobby! doh!  

So I am technically not new here but I am sure I am new to most people on the boards.  Excited to get back into it and ready to meet many new faces! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts

Hi Everyone

My name is Jim. I collected from the early 80's into the early 90's. I had some time to kill this winter and did a full inventory of my collection on an online database (a little over 1800 books, mainly Marvel with a small amount of DC and independents). Now I am trying to decide my next steps with the collection. I definitely have books that I want to keep and preserve, but also have some that I have no connection to and may look at selling. The whole grading thing is new to me and I am not sure if things are worth having graded or just to sell as is. I have been lurking around the boards trying to gather info and figured it was time to hop in and ask questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,382 posts
5 hours ago, 51Bulldog said:

Hi Everyone

My name is Jim. I collected from the early 80's into the early 90's. I had some time to kill this winter and did a full inventory of my collection on an online database (a little over 1800 books, mainly Marvel with a small amount of DC and independents). Now I am trying to decide my next steps with the collection. I definitely have books that I want to keep and preserve, but also have some that I have no connection to and may look at selling. The whole grading thing is new to me and I am not sure if things are worth having graded or just to sell as is. I have been lurking around the boards trying to gather info and figured it was time to hop in and ask questions. 

Condition is key most of the time and when submitting for grading there can be a learning curve. There is a "please grade my or spare a grade" part of the forums and you can learn by seeing other people's estimates of others books...

If you have a printer with a scanner and feel like scanning and uploading pics, do so, but remember the rules at the top of that part of the forum and only do a few books a day..... you'll get an idea of whatcha got :foryou:

Also eBay sold sales will help with value too @51Bulldog

Here is the link ;)

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 posts

1st time poster, long time lurker. So many awesome books on this forum. I just recently go back into comics last year, slowly improving my collection. My favorite comics to collect are x-men, and Batman/Detective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,382 posts
14 hours ago, Guard5 said:

1st time poster, long time lurker. So many awesome books on this forum. I just recently go back into comics last year, slowly improving my collection. My favorite comics to collect are x-men, and Batman/Detective.

Welcome to the Boards!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
164 posts

Hey Everyone,

My name is Clint. I live in south Louisiana. I'm 37.  As a kid I collected both comics and sports cards. Most of my collections were sold off at some point for one reason or another. I've always stuck with sports cards and am pretty heavy into it and the world of PSA and have been for several years.  In recent years, the movies and Marvel Unlimited has renewed my interest, and more importantly my children's interests. More recently I inherited a rather large collection of comics. I'm still cataloging it all.  It's mostly DC comics from the late 80s-90s so not a whole lot to consider selling, but I have found some gems from the 70s and some in the time period I mentioned. I'm really started to get into it, and have been researching grading and CGC's services as well as considering starting my own collection supplemented by migrating out of sports cards (I don't enjoy it as much anymore). I have a million questions, and by joining here I'm hoping to get some good conversations about it. 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,382 posts
1 hour ago, sternworm said:

Hey Everyone,

My name is Clint. I live in south Louisiana. I'm 37.  As a kid I collected both comics and sports cards. Most of my collections were sold off at some point for one reason or another. I've always stuck with sports cards and am pretty heavy into it and the world of PSA and have been for several years.  In recent years, the movies and Marvel Unlimited has renewed my interest, and more importantly my children's interests. More recently I inherited a rather large collection of comics. I'm still cataloging it all.  It's mostly DC comics from the late 80s-90s so not a whole lot to consider selling, but I have found some gems from the 70s and some in the time period I mentioned. I'm really started to get into it, and have been researching grading and CGC's services as well as considering starting my own collection supplemented by migrating out of sports cards (I don't enjoy it as much anymore). I have a million questions, and by joining here I'm hoping to get some good conversations about it. 

Thanks.

Welcome! sometimes questions are slow to be answered, yet dive in and you'll FIND some answers though :headbang: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
42 42