• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I'm Raul. I've been a comic book fan/reader since I was kid. I got back into collecting and reading a little over a year ago. I'm happy to be a part of the community!

WTTB Paul! Many can relate to the collecting hiatus :) Let the madness begin.

My names Jake. Ive been a collector for a couple years now. I started collecting Marvel comics like xmen and avengers but have branched out to all kinds. I'm really into Image right now.

Hey, whats up?

WTTB!

Would you mind giving me your current top 3 Image titles?

I was looking to get into a few new titles :)

My current favorite Image titles would be walking dead, saga, and East of West

Edited by jra1985

My names Jake. Ive been a collector for a couple years now. I started collecting Marvel comics like xmen and avengers but have branched out to all kinds. I'm really into Image right now.

Hey, whats up?

WTTB!

Would you mind giving me your current top 3 Image titles?

I was looking to get into a few new titles :)

My current favorite Image titles would be walking dead, saga, and East o West

Welcome to the Boards.

Hello, my name is David and I'm an alcoholic.

Whoops....sorry...wait a tick, wrong forum.

Ahem.

I joined up here not long ago after being pointed in this direction shortly after I was scammed on CL by someone posting key CGC graded books at ridiculous prices. Long story short, I got my money back, but it soured me on buying anything from CL unless it's in person.

I have noticed from comments in various threads I've gone through many of you lovely people look to be as stark raving mad as I am. That warms the cockles of my heart, I tell you what.

As for me, I started collecting back in the day when Detective Comics had it's original numbering and was only $1! I had to walk 5 miles to the comic store, barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways. One day I had to kill a bear with a copy of Detective Comics 610. True story. I then branched out into the X-Universe a few years later with the release of Uncanny X-Men 281 and X-Men 1. It's been downhill ever since.

I lurk mainly, but post when I want to add to the discussions I read. The only danger is in coming late to the party and having to weed through dozens of pages and hundreds of posts. I have mainly bought the majority of books I currently have that are CGCed from Comiclink, though I have gotten a few from Ebay and some from conventions. I prefer Comiclink because they tend to have a broader selection than Ebay and are cheaper in regards to their fees than Heritage.

Questions, comments, snide remarks? I'll answer them all if anyone wants to know more.

Ahem.

I joined up here not long ago after being pointed in this direction shortly after I was scammed on CL by someone posting key CGC graded books at ridiculous prices. Long story short, I got my money back, but it soured me on buying anything from CL unless it's in person.

I have noticed from comments in various threads I've gone through many of you lovely people look to be as stark raving mad as I am. That warms the cockles of my heart, I tell you what.

As for me, I started collecting back in the day when Detective Comics had it's original numbering and was only $1! I had to walk 5 miles to the comic store, barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways. One day I had to kill a bear with a copy of Detective Comics 610. True story. I then branched out into the X-Universe a few years later with the release of Uncanny X-Men 281 and X-Men 1. It's been downhill ever since.

I lurk mainly, but post when I want to add to the discussions I read. The only danger is in coming late to the party and having to weed through dozens of pages and hundreds of posts. I have mainly bought the majority of books I currently have that are CGCed from Comiclink, though I have gotten a few from Ebay and some from conventions. I prefer Comiclink because they tend to have a broader selection than Ebay and are cheaper in regards to their fees than Heritage.

Questions, comments, snide remarks? I'll answer them all if anyone wants to know more.

Too bad you didn't encounter that bear when you had a chromium-cover comic book. Those things will make easy work of any would-be assailant!

:grin:

-slym

Ahem.

WTTB. What was the first appearance of Wolverine?

I like the cut of your jib. Welcome!

Hi, my name is GIJOEISAWESOME. Do business with me, you'll learn my real nam :sumo:

I am obsessed with Man of Steel 18. I want more. I love GI JOE. I love Atomic Robo more. I am honest. I like money. I love my avatar. I like comics too. I watch Happy Days. Fonzie is my Hero. Never say the actors real name to me. Schultz rocks. Snoopy rocks.

So I am new to these boards and CGCs altogether. I have been collecting comics since 1992. I really have not had anything of value except for an Uncanny X-Men #266 since I was a kid. I still have it raw and I'm contemplating getting it graded. I did fall into Avengers 1, 3, 4, 5, and X-Men #12 at one point. I then sold these on eBay before there was even a hint that they would be in a movie, and I kick myself to this day for that.

Over the past couple of months, I have started diving into CGCs. I started with a '91 X-Men #1 with wraparound cover signed by Jim Lee and Stan Lee. This was one of my favorites as a kid and I love Jim Lee's art. Since then I have picked up X-Factor #6, ASM #300 and #361, and recently got both FF #48 and Hulk #181. I feel I got a collection to be proud of now…I'm also broke and I'm using the slabs for shelter.

I am also very interested in movies and a frequent visitor of blu-ray.com under the same name. I also collect some action figures, currently into some Play Arts Kai DC Variants and recently picked up my first Hot Toys figure, which was Loki.

Otherwise, these boards have been fun so far and I'm enjoying my stay. I will ask though, are we allowed to put our comics in more than one set? For example, I have a graded Spider-Man #1 from the 90s (who doesn't have this?!?). This comic can go into either Spider-Man Complete or Spider-Man (Todd McFarlane only), I can add it to both right?

So I am new to these boards and CGCs altogether. I have been collecting comics since 1992. I really have not had anything of value except for an Uncanny X-Men #266 since I was a kid. I still have it raw and I'm contemplating getting it graded. I did fall into Avengers 1, 3, 4, 5, and X-Men #12 at one point. I then sold these on eBay before there was even a hint that they would be in a movie, and I kick myself to this day for that.

Over the past couple of months, I have started diving into CGCs. I started with a '91 X-Men #1 with wraparound cover signed by Jim Lee and Stan Lee. This was one of my favorites as a kid and I love Jim Lee's art. Since then I have picked up X-Factor #6, ASM #300 and #361, and recently got both FF #48 and Hulk #181. I feel I got a collection to be proud of now…I'm also broke and I'm using the slabs for shelter.

I am also very interested in movies and a frequent visitor of blu-ray.com under the same name. I also collect some action figures, currently into some Play Arts Kai DC Variants and recently picked up my first Hot Toys figure, which was Loki.

Otherwise, these boards have been fun so far and I'm enjoying my stay. I will ask though, are we allowed to put our comics in more than one set? For example, I have a graded Spider-Man #1 from the 90s (who doesn't have this?!?). This comic can go into either Spider-Man Complete or Spider-Man (Todd McFarlane only), I can add it to both right?

WTTB! :foryou:

You mean in the Registry? If so, yes. You can add them to both!

And make sure to join some of the clubs when you get a chance! :)

Fantastic Four #48 Club

Hulk #181 Club

Greetings everybody,

In my childhood I was collecting mainly Archie, Betty and Veronica, Archie and Me, Betty and Veronica, Jug Head, Betty and Veronica, Reggie and Me, Betty and Veronica, Betty and Veronica, Betty and Veronica :luhv:

In 1969 while picking up the latest copy of Betty and Veronica, I saw a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #77... Spidey vs The Lizard on the docks with the Human Torch flying up between them. I thought the cover was so cool I purchased it just for that reason. After reading I was hooked. Because of Spider-Man, I left the world of Betty and Veronica and was introduced to FF, Hulk, Thor, Avengers, X-Men, etc... but I had this special relationship with Spider-Man. My collecting passion/investment today is ASM 1-129, which I have many dupes. But I owe it all to Betty and Veronica for introducing me to puberty. :blush:

I have monitored this board for over a year and I feel like I already know everyone. I am excited to be a member here and am looking forward to having a lot of fun and a long lasting friendship with all.

Did that last paragraph sound corny? :hi: