• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Barry Allen123 said:

Hey Fella's! Can I join too? 

Fresh back from CGC, not too happy with the grade, I don't mind the qualified but I think this should have been in the 2.0-3.0 range. No writing, tape, missing pages etc. Extremely solid example

Love this book but  I could use the cash so its time for someone else to enjoy. Feel free to send offers, request for additional pictures or questions!

SPI3.thumb.jpg.de2f07edd41076cbd84de720da5e72de.jpgSPI2.thumb.jpg.389e2481806ab8ba123aee98e6143934.jpgSPID1.thumb.jpg.8bf05f6ba7e0802bee171a651ed780a9.jpg

So, not too happy with the grade but you need the money? What did you think that grade was going to be based on hope? Sadly, I see a book with a lot of flaws with "fifth wrap married" I'm not even sure what that quite means but if it comes up Qualified and in the dollars world, you have a devalued book.  I think you should answer that question with a point by point rebuttal. What is it you think this book justified a different grade?

Owning a copy, any copy is a good thing but pre-expectations about value and grade are inevitably risky. Feeling good about having one is good stuff. Feeling different  about readily selling it is different. 

No point-by-point rebuttal is required here. The book graded a1.8 which is close to a 2.0. Of course he was hoping it would come back with the higher grade.

FYI--a married wrap means that the wrap came off a different copy of the book and was placed into this book.

13 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Hulk also is held by Universal what’s your point ? You’ll never ever see a Hulk solo movie ever again and I’m sure Namor will not get solo but will be used same way in MCU as Hulk. Easter eggs are already in place revisit IM2 

That quote from Feige is extremely oblique and from years ago, and still no one has ever even hinted at Namor being in anything.  There's a reason for that.  The rights situation with the Hulk is not the same as with Namor, although Universal is the principal involved with both of them.  

Marvel has shared rights with Hulk. 

Universal has sole rights to Narmor (as well as She-Hulk, incidentally).

Unless Marvel actively pursues some kind of similar agreement with Universal as they did with Sony  (and there are no indications that they are), or Univeral decides to simply make a Namor movie on their own (extremely remote, but hey, technically anything is possible), you won't be seeing Namor anytime soon.  Maybe even never due to all the hurdles that would have to be jumped and concessions that would have to be made to make it happen.  Such actions were warranted with Spider-Man.  Namor? Meh. Not so much.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Well, it's official, the end of the world as we know it. The Universal 6.0 OW on Clink just hammered at 44K . I know, the book had some MC but still, that's a weak price. 

MC quals up to 40 percent discount especially 3.5s and higher; not surprised 

Edited by Spiderturtle

9 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:
1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Well, it's official, the end of the world as we know it. The Universal 6.0 OW on Clink just hammered at 44K . I know, the book had some MC but still, that's a weak price. 

MC quals up to 40 percent discount especially 3.5s and higher; not surprised 

I think 40% is high but I do think 25-30% is realistic.

It didn't used to be that a chipped copy sold for much less (and like 'movie buzz being a thing, I didn't believe it at first) but ever since the chatter started on this chat forum it seems to have affected the market going forward.

It's almost uniform across the board that chipped copies that I have been watching have been selling for 25-30% less. Obviously the percentage also varies depending on the amount of chipping and the eye appeal of the rest of the book.

For example, one tiny chip may not affect the value of the book at all but an entire right edge being chipped will.

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Marvel Chipping sux.

People didn't care about it as much when they didn't care about the value of their books.

Now everyone scrutinizes everything.

12 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Wow, that's more than $10K less than 5.0's were selling for last year. :whatthe:

1 hour ago, drbanner said:

Wow, that's more than $10K less than 5.0's were selling for last year. :whatthe:

I bought a really nice 5.0 last July and I'm basically doing deep breathing exercises ... I'm buying to hold not to flip, so I'm hoping in the long run I will be fine.

But I have to be honest, it definitely makes me nervous about chasing ASM #1 or FF #1 (two other books on my want list that are currently red hot).  The last thing I want to do is buy high on those books and watch them do what AF #15 has done this past year.