• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

ComicLink 7.0 this year

http://comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DAmazing%2BFantasy%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1210851

Personally, I prefer the ComicConnect copy that just sold.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, NoMan said:
6 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicConnect

I know! I just put in a $2.00 bid and I'm the high bidder!!^^ :ohnoez:

Hope you win it. Send Vincent an email. Tell him he can end the auction early. ;)

Edited by Gotham Kid

It wasn't a bad copy, not amazing in grade more you look at it but i can see it being a high 6.5 - low 7.0. I love the PQ though and the color overall. Woulda thought with even those issues it would be 110k range in this current market. Looks like its slowing down and stabilizing price wise.

So do you all think this look like the range now on mid grade (general term, no one get all twisted your comics are beautiful high grade works of art just mean in terms of being in the middle section of grades) copies?

7.0 = 100-120k

6.5 =  60-75k

6.0 = 50-65k

5.5 = 40-55k

5.0 = 35-50k

4.5 = 25-35k

(since 4.0 is generally considered VG and has been synonymous with "an average used comic" since i started collecting in the 80s, i put 4.0 and below in the average-below average tier).

11 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

It wasn't a bad copy, not amazing in grade more you look at it but i can see it being a high 6.5 - low 7.0. I love the PQ though and the color overall.

The ComicConnect 7.0 copy is nicer than the ComicLink 7.0 copy. If anything it is the ComicLink copy that is more a 6.5.

ama12.686a.jpg

RAD3E2A720171017_103719.jpg

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The ComicConnect 7.0 copy is nicer than the ComicLink 7.0 copy. Hands down. If anything it is the ComicLink copy that is more a 6.5.

ama12.686a.jpg

RAD3E2A720171017_103719.jpg

Did you mean the other way around?  The old label (ComicLink) looks like the nicer copy to me.  Less spine ticks and general cover wear.  I may be missing something though.

Edited by comicquant

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

It wasn't a bad copy, not amazing in grade more you look at it but i can see it being a high 6.5 - low 7.0. I love the PQ though and the color overall. Woulda thought with even those issues it would be 110k range in this current market. Looks like its slowing down and stabilizing price wise.

So do you all think this look like the range now on mid grade (general term, no one get all twisted your comics are beautiful high grade works of art just mean in terms of being in the middle section of grades) copies?

7.0 = 100-120k

6.5 =  60-75k

6.0 = 50-65k

5.5 = 40-55k

5.0 = 35-50k

4.5 = 25-35k

(since 4.0 is generally considered VG and has been synonymous with "an average used comic" since i started collecting in the 80s, i put 4.0 and below in the average-below average tier).

Depending on MC (litgh MC 10% less than the highest price without MC and mid MC minus 20% and a lot of MC minus 30%):

7.0 = 105k to 150k (I don't think we have seen a perfect looking 7.0 yet. Almost perfect yes but not perfect).

6.5 = 60k to 85k

4 hours ago, comicquant said:

Did you mean the other way around?  The old label (ComicLink) looks like the nicer copy to me.  Less spine ticks and general cover wear.  I may be missing something though.

you can't really compare well based on these two scans. the new label is a much better scan with lots of detail in the mid range. the old label scan is extremely contrasty, and many defects will not appear in a scan like this. note how dark the upper background appears and how bright the AMAZING FANTASY text is in this scan. you really can't know whats going on there with this scan. 

14 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

;)

on the low end of the spectrum.  Disclaimer i own a total of 4 7.0 no mc so my view is skewed

Not the nicest 7.0. Spine is weak and has other surface issues on the cover.

2 hours ago, SC22 said:

Not the nicest 7.0. Spine is weak and has other surface issues on the cover.

The grading experts (CGC) gave it a 7.0 because they felt it deserved the grade. Was graded last year, a year particularly known for being a tighter grading year.

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The grading experts (CGC) gave it a 7.0 because they felt it deserved the grade. Was graded last year, a year particularly known for being a tighter grading year.

Yes but don't you know by now we grade by the front cover only here....lollll....MC no MC you know the rest of the book is not important!!

Edited by SC22

36 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

My guess is that the 7.0 on HA will also close around the 100K mark. It's a 71 with 2 days to go.

100k at this time of the year seems alright with me. Christmas and all around the corner and this not being ''the season'' when record prices are set normally.

I doubt if in the future we will ''ever'' see AF15's in 7.0's sell for anything less than 100k.

Edited by SC22

That AF15 CGC 8.0 is still on ComicLink and seems to have been jammed at 190 000$ as a best offer for a while now. The people who paid over 240 000$ for them a few months back will have to wait a while for them to be a standard 240 000$ book. Maybe another year or so.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1200047

Edited by SC22

40 minutes ago, SC22 said:

That AF15 CGC 8.0 is still on ComicLink and seems to have been jammed at 190 000$ as a best offer for a while now. The people who paid over 240 000$ for them a few months back will have to wait a while for them to be a standard 240 000$ book. Maybe another year or so.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1200047

Or maybe selling the book at auction with no reserve brings in the right bidders. Kind of makes no sens but also makes sens at the same time I guess.

Edited by SC22