• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

do a lot of folks take advantage of the 6month deal...I wonder?

I wouldn't use it.  Don't like to have debt like that hanging over my head.  If one can afford to make $20k monthly payments on a book they probably could buy it outright.  I think those payments would be more useful for someone wanting to buy a $5k book that may not have $5k to spend in one shot.

Just now, comicquant said:

I wouldn't use it.  Don't like to have debt like that hanging over my head.  If one can afford to make $20k monthly payments on a book they probably could buy it outright.  I think those payments would be more useful for someone wanting to buy a $5k book that may not have $5k to spend in one shot.

Agreed

30 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

do a lot of folks take advantage of the 6month deal...I wonder?

I would, gives me time to sell my other books at max price possible.  Don't need to rush to pay asap.  Heritage charges the most for time payments, not worth it unless really desperate.   I don't carry balances on my cc so therefore i usually sell my other books to pay for what i want.  

Edited by Spiderturtle

7 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

I would, gives me time to sell my other books at max price possible.  Don't need to rush to pay asap.  Heritage charges the most for time payments, not worth it unless really desperate.   I don't carry balances on my cc so therefore i usually sell my other books to pay for what i want.  

Took a HEL (Home Equity Loan) out to get my book in 2011. Probably the best decision I made over the years. Even my wife loves the book. :martini:

3 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:
9 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

I'm going with 92k for the final hammer price on this one.  Just a hunch. 

Do you have a friend of a friend thats gonna bid up to $92k :jaws:

Well, since the book is already sitting at $83.2K, it really doesn't have much further to go before it hits the $92K mark.

After all, many of the bigger books pretty well doubled in price at the end of their last auction from where they were sitting at a few days prior to their auction end day.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, since the book is already sitting at $83.2K, it really doesn't have much further to go before it hits the $92K mark.

After all, many of the bigger books pretty well doubled in price at the end of their last auction from where they were sitting at a few days prior to their auction end day.  hm

So you think this will double? lol :baiting:hm

8 hours ago, comicquant said:

Agreed!!

The AF15 CGC 5.0 with a lot of MC on ComicLink sold this evening for 36 000$ (based on what was said here that means it sold for 30% less than a copy with no MC....so a little over 51 000$)!!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1176537&id=1176537

10K a point up to 6.0 now seems about right for books with no MC.

Edited by SC22

18 minutes ago, SC22 said:

The AF15 CGC 5.0 with a lot of MC on ComicLink sold this evening for 36 000$ (based on what was said here that means it sold for 30% less than a copy with no MC....so a little over 51 000$)!!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1176537&id=1176537

10K a point up to 6.0 now seems about right for books with no MC.

I was expecting it to go for around 30K. I was shocked it ended at 36K. It didn't appear to have room for improvement based on the pics. 

6 minutes ago, bringsenseback said:

I was expecting it to go for around 30K. I was shocked it ended at 36K. It didn't appear to have room for improvement based on the pics. 

Don't think the buyer purchased it hopping it will improve he simply purchased the book for what it is. We will see more of this and doubters will accept the new AF15 price reality.

Edited by SC22

I'm curious how the pros describe degrees of chipping. I've often heard light, moderate, and heavy used, but haven't found a solid definition. The one SC22 mentioned that just sold on CL has chipping on roughly 50% (cumulative) of the edge. Is this "heavy" or "moderate"? 

Just now, bringsenseback said:

I'm curious how the pros describe degrees of chipping. I've often heard light, moderate, and heavy used, but haven't found a solid definition. The one SC22 mentioned that just sold on CL has chipping on roughly 50% (cumulative) of the edge. Is this "heavy" or "moderate"? 

What was said here is that the price is affected in the 10% to 30% value range based on the amount of MC.

8 minutes ago, SC22 said:

What was said here is that the price is affected in the 10% to 30% value range based on the amount of MC.

Thanks, but I'm not asking about price. I'm asking how to describe light vs. moderate vs. heavy chipping. For example, is a single, 1/4" chip or 1 or 2 pre-chips up to 10% of the edge considered "light", 10% to 1/3 considered moderate, and 1/3 to 100% considered heavy? I'm just using that as an example of what I'm trying to clarify. 

Edited by bringsenseback

1 minute ago, bringsenseback said:

Thanks, but I'm not asking about price. I'm asking how to describe light vs. moderate vs. heavy chipping. For example, is a single, 1/4" chip or 1 or 2 pre-chips up to 10% of the edge considered "light", 10% to 1/3 considered moderate, and 1/3 to 100% considered heavy? I'm not proposing that comma but just using that as an example of what I'm trying to clarify. 

That I don't have the answer to maybe someone else can chip in. I just base myself on my gut felling when I see the book.