• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much of a premium are we talking for newsstand issues v/s direct editions?
10 10

1,113 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, kav said:

Go get em Tiger

Screenshot 2019-10-24 at 6.30.08 PM.png

@kav

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
26 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

None of us.  What we decide is whether to be a decent human being to one another.  And we should all work on that.  It isn’t hard.

btw hi Holly!

Hi

@Crops068 @Hollywood1892

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Tags

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Two close friends of mine are board members.  However, they are amongst what I am sure are quite a few board members that check in frequently but do not participate on the discussion end.  They read, they monitor the boards, they will occasionally claim something in the sales threads.  

I'm claiming this post.  :takeit:

13 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

When you come in and say that your opinion is better than others', because you've worked in the industry forever and know a lot of people..it's pretty clear.

And nobody decides to do a "pile on." Despite the cries, the CGC board isn't a hive. It's filled with individuals, each with their own perspective.

I am just throwing this out there.  
What if this person HAD worked in the industry forever?

I will say the only person’s opinion that matters more than mine is well nobody’s.  It should be the same for you and everyone else.  But that doesn’t mean your opinion is any less valuable than mine.  It is just another copy of the a different comic book.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's easy

Don't treat people with pompous condescension

Even if they disagree with you

Who decides what is "pompous condescension"? You? Me? Serious question, here.

Have you considered...have any of you considered...that you're being manipulated into seeing things that might not...but might!...be there...? That you're being told...in private, no less, where it can't be challenged...things about others that feed into your own biases?

Do you ask? Or do you just assume?

I know a lot of people who are plain spoken and straightforward. People...easily offended people...get offended by their plainspokenness. 

Have you considered that there's more to the story...a lot more...that you don't know, and haven't considered...?

Or...have you considered that what you see as "pompous condescension"...isn't?

16 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Beware of anyone saying they're "privy" to the knowledge of anything...anywhere. 

"Board elite." Yeah, ok. PM groups does not a "board elite" make.

I know, that's just what someone who isn't part of the "board elite" would say, right...?

:whistle:

I.E. the lol

3 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I will say the only person’s opinion that matters more than mine is well nobody’s.  It should be the same for you and everyone else.  But that doesn’t mean your opinion is any less valuable than mine.  It is just another copy of the a different comic book.

Well there's 9.9s and there's 0.5s.....

16 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And who decides what being "decent" means....?

Each person does.  I am pretty sure as an adult most of us should be fully aware when someone seems to be getting pushed beyond the point they are comfortable with, even in a written form.

Knowing when to walk away is a wonderful thing.

Just now, Crops068 said:

Each person does.  I am pretty sure as an adult most of us should be fully aware when someone seems to be getting pushed beyond the point they are comfortable with, even in a written form.

"If you love yourself, set yourself free"

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

That's a fair question.

But it's very easy to fall into the appeal to authority fallacy. Just because someone has "MD" after their name, doesn't mean their diagnoses are always correct. Medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the US. And that's from people who went to school for a bazillion years.

I've worked in the industry. I've been involved in the industry for 30 years. But I would never expect anyone to take my word for it...nor would I throw my credentials around to add weight to my opinion. Either what I'm saying stands on its own, or it doesn't.

5 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

There are lots of opinions that don't have value. Not all opinions are created equally. There are people who are of the opinion that the earth is a flat disc. There are people who are of the opinion that certain races are superior/inferior to others. I think those are not just bad opinions...they're invalid.

Does that mean the person holding them doesn't have the right to hold them?

Nope. People should be free to think whatever they want to think...just as others should be free to say they disagree.

But having the right TO an opinion doesn't make that opinion right.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

I'm claiming this post.  :takeit:

One guy says he does not want to get involved in yet another social media platform as an active participant.  Another guy took a look around and said 'not for him.'  In both cases I have posted a few questions for them or negotiated some 'buys'.   

As far as 'groups'.  They exist but not in the way that some people would like others to believe.   And even if they did?  Who cares? 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

In your opinion. Right?

Do these things only apply to those who think, speak, and act as you...? Or do they apply to everyone? Meaning, do you respect and tolerate those who have a different view of when or if they should "walk away"...? Or do you scorn and dismiss them...?

17 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And if I say he was 100% wrong...or even 92%, or 87%, or 23%...who's right? 

The people you like and agree with, because you like and agree with them...?

hm

Serious question, here, not loaded like some of the participants.

Then that is your right.

The wonderful thing about free will is I am able to comprehend and believe what I want, when I want.  Which includes interpreting the situation and forming my own conclusions. :smile:

Caring for someone does not imply agreeing with them.  Conflict, compromise, and how you deal with them is the basis of all strong relationships.

Then that is your right.

The wonderful thing about free will is I am able to comprehend and believe what I want, when I want.  Which includes interpreting the situation and forming my own conclusions. :smile:

Caring for someone does not imply agreeing with them.  Conflict, compromise, and how you deal with them is the basis of all strong relationships.

You're a wise man, Croppy.

Then that is your right.

Absolutely! I don't disagree with anything you've said here. But just as you are able to comprehend and believe what you want, when you want...to be a truly decent human being, you have to accept that 1. others have the same ability, and 2. what you believe might be wrong.

In other words...benefit of the doubt until and unless someone makes it clear that they aren't interested in it. Checking your biases, every day. Looking as much as what isn't said as what is. Following the little clues that speak volumes.

That's being a decent human being.

5 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's a fair question.

But it's very easy to fall into the appeal to authority fallacy. Just because someone has "MD" after their name, doesn't mean their diagnoses are always correct. Medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the US. And that's from people who went to school for a bazillion years.

I've worked in the industry. I've been involved in the industry for 30 years. But I would never expect anyone to take my word for it...nor would I throw my credentials around to add weight to my opinion. Either what I'm saying stands on its own, or it doesn't.

There are lots of opinions that don't have value. Not all opinions are created equally. There are people who are of the opinion that the earth is a flat disc. There are people who are of the opinion that certain races are superior/inferior to others. I think those are not just bad opinions...they're invalid.

Does that mean the person holding them doesn't have the right to hold them?

Nope. People should be free to think whatever they want to think...just as others should be free to say they disagree.

But having the right TO an opinion doesn't make that opinion right.

I can only say I too stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night to your MD comments.  As that was my 1st thought while reading them.

One should not throw their weight around, so to speak, it just makes them look pompous to me.  But that is my opinion.  Use your knowledge not your title.

You are correct just because it is someone’s opinion does not make it accurate.  Normally if someone is passionate about their opinion, no matter how faulty it is, you cannot change it.  It is almost like it is in their DNA.

For the sake of posterity, this shouldn't be that big a deal to any person...

Yes I'll answer truthfully. I apologize for standing my ground against you, as you recant nothing, I recant nothing. No where did you accept my apology, despite that, I stand by my words last night, BUT and this is key it shouldn't have been this big a deal!

I expected to post something of to the order of a (tsk) but you escalated I encouraged and apologized end of story....