• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie's Pals n Gals #23 CGC 7.0 WHITE - 1st appearance of Josie!
1 1

18 posts in this topic

2nd highest graded on census (1 at 9.0), key 1st appearance, pre-dates Josie #1 (I have no idea why CGC doesn't note it on the label. Nice copy with WHITE pages.

Price is $550 shipped in the U.S.

Thanks for looking!

pg23cgc.jpg

Wow!! Great book! :applause:

As an aside-

Any idea where CGC gets it's label notes from? They couldn't just go by memory. Overstreet, perhaps? Or do you think they keep updating a database and continue to pull from it, and add to it, as needed?

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread. I'm actually quite interested in my question and the book.

I couldn't tell you about the label info, but it is undisputed that that is Josie's first appearance. OS denotes as much in the guide. You can look up the issue dates of Josie 1 and APG 23 and see that there is a couple months difference.

I thought of writing CGC to tell them of their omission, I probably should.

Plus, as an added bonus, Betty is wearing just a towel in a pinup page!

I couldn't tell you about the label info, but it is undisputed that that is Josie's first appearance. OS denotes as much in the guide. You can look up the issue dates of Josie 1 and APG 23 and see that there is a couple months difference.

I thought of writing CGC to tell them of their omission, I probably should.

Plus, as an added bonus, Betty is wearing just a towel in a pinup page!

:o:ohnoez: