• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most significant X-Men

284 posts in this topic

Who do you consider the most important X-Men?

This could be based off of personal preference, actual popularity, key comic value, or who all would you collect if you were collecting all the X-Men.

Make the list as long as you want to encompass as many of the team members as possible.

I'll start:

1. Professor X

2. Cyclops

3. Jean Grey

4. Beast

5. Angel (Archangel)

6. Iceman

7. Wolverine

8. Storm

9. Nightcrawler

10. Colossus

11. Psylocke

12. Gambit

13. Rogue

14. Shadowcat

15. Jubilee

16. Bishop

17. Banshee

18. Forge

Why do mutants have to have powers? Can't a mutant be resistant to a certain bacterial infection, for instance?

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine.

The X-Men would be nowhere today if it wasn't for his introduction.

I'm burning my SA X Men issues 1-93

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine.

I complete agree with you. X-men really took off when Wolverine was introduced. He is the most signicant/important character in X-men history.

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine.

I complete agree with you. X-men really took off when Wolverine was introduced. He is the most signicant/important character in X-men history.

Key word: History.

Let's move on bub.

This could be based off of personal preference, actual popularity, key comic value, or who all would you collect if you were collecting all the X-Men.

Personal preference: Pylocke - if there's ever a 9.9 NMA2 for sale, you can count me in as a high roller for it

Actual popularity: of all those you listed, Wolverine outdoes everybody 2fold

Key comic value: Wolverine again by far

Collecting X-Men: its easy if you get a GSX1 because you get the new team in 1 book. If we're talking old team, I think while Jean Grey what a force in herself, the only reason she made it big time is the Phoenix force so XM101 with the cover itself is my go to book for now and the future. the force will never die and keep inhabiting another host so you can count on Marvel to never "Kill Off" the Phoenix unless they happen to make it mortal -____-

Personal preference: Pylocke - if there's ever a 9.9 NMA2 for sale, you can count me in as a high roller for it

Actual popularity: of all those you listed, Wolverine outdoes everybody 2fold

Key comic value: Wolverine again by far

Collecting X-Men: its easy if you get a GSX1 because you get the new team in 1 book. If we're talking old team, I think while Jean Grey what a force in herself, the only reason she made it big time is the Phoenix force so XM101 with the cover itself is my go to book for now and the future. the force will never die and keep inhabiting another host so you can count on Marvel to never "Kill Off" the Phoenix unless they happen to make it mortal -____-

You are right, it depends on what the question is based on; popularity, value, etc.

The reason I say Wolverine is because he would land on top of most lists, by far (as you said) in some cases. No matter how someone views him, (hates him/tired of him) Wolverine would be in the discussion of most significant X-Men.

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine.

Agreed :grin:

1. Wolverine

2. Wolverine

3. Wolverine.

Agreed :grin:

[font:Book Antiqua]You are being biased..![/font]

(tsk)

the key to the X-men is that they are outcasts, mutants, and are treated as outsiders. Stan used them as an analog for much of the civil rights movement in the 60s.

As such, I cant think of Wolverine as the most important member of the X-men because he rarely seemed concerned with this central aspect of the team (though recently when he headed up the Jean Grey School he took an interest in parts of it).

Also the team to was was always about finding the new mutants and helping them deal with their powers and teaching them how to use them while still being a part of society.

Wolverine came to the team as a full blown adult, who had his powers for a long time and had no need for Xavier's training.

Cyclops and later Kitty Pride were both steeped in these core X-men themes, so I'd pick them.

on significance talk,,, if Bishop never traveled to the past to warn the XM, we'd have issue #141 being the last issue of XM. that's deep right there.

and I can't believe I forgot about Beast whose study of genetics literally played some role less read about the bio-evolution to mutants.