• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

I just don't understand why you post here when you don't even collect comics.

Because I like to collect comics, just as I like to watch quality movies, funny book or otherwise, but ASM2 is a steaming turd that even the fanboys won't be able to save domestically.

When Avengers and DKR and Batman Begins, etc. came out, I gave them great reviews, but ASM2 is firmly in the "Ghost Rider/Daredevil"camp, albeit slightly better to look at due to the insanely-high budget.

You saw it already?

Yep, had a freebie due to some ads the in-laws ran at the theater - lots of free graft.

I would *love* to see even the greasiest fanboy say something great about Foxx's performance - it is so bad it has to be seen to be believed.

Man I was hoping this movie would be good,why can't they ever get spidey right on screen dammit? :sorry: still gonna go see it though so I'll see for myself ughh :(

Did you read his review? He said it was good…

compared to his other "reviews" this was a pan

What does that mean? I'm not following…

he called for an Oscar for best picture for Dark Knight Rises

Ghost Rider is universally considered DREK, but I know you do not enjoy the DD movie but I have met many people including myself who think that was a really good movie except for Jennifer Gardner.

This was meant as a joke, right? :roflmao:

Yes I don't put the DD movie as the worst comic book movie of all time as many do.

I own the uncut version on Blue ray.

I thought Ben as DD was very good.

Not the best comic movie of all time, but I stop listening to people when they say it was the worst.

Yes someone insisted the uncut movie was good on here when I first joined (it may have been you) so I bought it. It is still a pretty awful film. I'd almost consider it unwatchable.

Yes there are worse though…

When I saw DD pulling out his own teeth after the fight in the beginning of the movie that had me sold. lol

I know I am in the minority here as with Jim (cgcworld) as DD being a awesome comic book movie and we both also agreed the OST was one of the best in years.

What I do like about people trashing ASM 2 is I am sure after I see it then it won't be as bad as reviews here are portraying it.

Garfield to me is more PP than Tobey so I am sure it will be a good movie for me.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

What I do like about people trashing ASM 2 is I am sure after I see it then it won't be as bad as reviews here are portraying it.

So, you are slamming my opinions on the actual movie and haven't even seen it yet? :facepalm:

We have hit a new low.

Ghost Rider is universally considered DREK, but I know you do not enjoy the DD movie but I have met many people including myself who think that was a really good movie except for Jennifer Gardner.

This was meant as a joke, right? :roflmao:

Yes I don't put the DD movie as the worst comic book movie of all time as many do.

I own the uncut version on Blue ray.

I thought Ben as DD was very good.

Not the best comic movie of all time, but I stop listening to people when they say it was the worst.

Yes someone insisted the uncut movie was good on here when I first joined (it may have been you) so I bought it. It is still a pretty awful film. I'd almost consider it unwatchable.

Yes there are worse though…

When I saw DD pulling out his own teeth after the fight in the beginning of the movie that had me sold. lol

I know I am in the minority here as with Jim (cgcworld) as DD being a awesome comic book movie and we both also agreed the OST was one of the best in years.

Garfield to me is more PP than Tobey so I am sure it will be a good movie for me.

From what I've read, I think I'll enjoy it more than I enjoyed ASM.

I'm not passing judgement until I see it. I'll probably try to go to a matinee tomorrow.

Man I was hoping this movie would be good,why can't they ever get spidey right on screen dammit? :sorry: still gonna go see it though so I'll see for myself ughh :(

:gossip:

Yep because it was just as good as the OSCAR winner Argo that year. :)

Just so people know these are the kind of recent movies I find entertaining.

12 Years a Slave,Dallas Buyers Club, The Artist, American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Captain America: Winter Soldier.

ASM 2 entertained me.

If a movie is mediocre or a turd I will call it out.

Speed Racer was mediocre to me.

Oblivion was mediocre to me.

After Earth was mediocre to me.

ASM 2 delivers as a good, and exciting movie.

IMHO

It`s so good I will be watching it again next time in 3-D.

:cloud9:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

If possible please reenact out below but everyone would be happier if you didn't get up when the train arrived.

i just love how dateless fanboys get all angry and insulted if you don't think the latest funnybook movie is the "best movie ever!". :roflmao:

I would say half of the audience of ASM 2 was comprised of females just like when I saw Captain America: Winter Soldier a few weeks back.

An abundance of Soccer moms were at the showing of ASM 2 today for some reason. I wonder if their the new version of your idea of dateless fanboys?

lol

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

[i wonder if their the new version of your idea of dateless fanboys?

If you went to an afternoon show, who else is going to show up? I was there for the downtown premiere and there were tons of nerds there - the last time I saw so many Zeros was watching Pearl Harbor.

So, you are slamming my opinions on the actual movie and haven't even seen it yet? :facepalm:

We have hit a new low.

huh?

I said I am sure I won't think it is as bad as some of you are portraying it.

I highly doubt it is a turd as you say it is.

I have no idea why JC needs to posts as much as he does about Garfield being a meth addict, how this movie is a turd, etc

we get it. you didn't like the movie. your opinion is noted. repeating it several times just diminishes your critique.

Where's Kav when you need someone to post multiple times in a thread?

I have no idea why JC needs to posts as much as he does about Garfield being a meth addict, how this movie is a turd, etc

we get it. you didn't like the movie. your opinion is noted. repeating it several times just diminishes your critique.

Where's Kav when you need someone to post multiple times in a thread?

I'm staying out of this one

Yep because it was just as good as the OSCAR winner Argo that year. :)

Just so people know these are the kind of recent movies I find entertaining.

12 Years a Slave,Dallas Buyers Club, The Artist, American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Captain America: Winter Soldier.

ASM 2 entertained me.

If a movie is mediocre or a turd I will call it out.

Speed Racer was mediocre to me.

Oblivion was mediocre to me.

After Earth was mediocre to me.

ASM 2 delivers as a good, and exciting movie.

IMHO

It`s so good I will be watching it again next time in 3-D.

:cloud9:

Oblivion was a decent movie.

American Hustle was a horribly boring movie.

I agree with you about The Wolf of Wall Street and Captain America: WS though. (thumbs u