16,404 posts

Didn't like the ending the rest was good

16,408 posts

I doubt many people 'liked' it

16,408 posts

just proves he has to be in the mask...no way he's off the show for good

8,269 posts

I am traveling and won't see it till tonite so I'm avoiding spoilers. But is it a crossover episode?

16,408 posts
I am traveling and won't see it till tonite so I'm avoiding spoilers. But is it a crossover episode?

no crossover in flash, not counting earth 2 dopplegangers.

Edited by krighton

5,474 posts

no crossover in flash, not counting earth 2 dopplegangers.

Zoom is really Felicity from Arrow. Just an amazing twist. Never saw it coming. :jokealert:

Edited by Rodey

5,225 posts

barrys dad may not be the earth 2 jay garrick/ man in the iron mask.

in season 2 episode 13 barry goes to earth 2 and talks to his earth 2 mom on the phone. she talks about barry giving her (and assumedly her husband) anniversary tickets to atlantis, and says maybe barry and iris should go. so barrys dad is heavily implied to still be around at that point.

maybe its just another case of bad writing? at any rate, we'll find out in 6 days

I know a lot of people here raved about the season 1 finale but i thought it was pretty poor outside of eddie saving the others. the promo for this season finale looked silly, hope it plays out better than it looked. zoom kills barrys dad in front of him, barry wants to kill him, then they decide hey lets have a race to see who is fastest? im really hoping it turns out better than what little they showed so far.

16,408 posts

in season 2 episode 13 barry goes to earth 2 and talks to his earth 2 mom on the phone. she talks about barry giving her (and assumedly her husband) anniversary tickets to atlantis, and says maybe barry and iris should go. so barrys dad is heavily implied to still be around at that point.

maybe its just another case of bad writing? at any rate, we'll find out in 6 days

I know a lot of people here raved about the season 1 finale but i thought it was pretty poor outside of eddie saving the others. the promo for this season finale looked silly, hope it plays out better than it looked. zoom kills barrys dad in front of him, barry wants to kill him, then they decide hey lets have a race to see who is fastest? im really hoping it turns out better than what little they showed so far.

maybe they're divorced on Earth 2 and Henry took the name Jay Garrick from his family ancestory. Must be some sore of ultimatum type deal the reason they race. Sure it sounds stupid at first glance but i'm sure there's more to it.

Edited by krighton

81,136 posts

Finally saw this week's episode. Zoom can die now. Painfully. For at least a few hours before going.

:(

16,408 posts

Finally saw this week's episode. Zoom can die now. Painfully. For at least a few hours before going.

:(

yeah, the guy is nuts...but I think we already knew that given his mental history....Reverse Flash would seem somewhat refreshing compared to Zoom.

And why are the Earth 2 dopplegangers of heroes instantly villains. Would like to see a few heroes compliment heroes of earth 1.

Edited by krighton

5,225 posts

maybe they're divorced on Earth 2 and Henry took the name Jay Garrick from his family ancestory. Must be some sore of ultimatum type deal the reason they race. Sure it sounds stupid at first glance but i'm sure there's more to it.

this makes sense

16,404 posts

The flow of the show goes along and then wham the hammer falls :o

81,136 posts
The flow of the show goes along and then wham the hammer falls :o

You are not kidding.

:ohnoez:

16,408 posts

Im giving an instant decline to any party at Joe's house

81,136 posts
Im giving an instant decline to any party at Joe's house

lol

No kidding! The party treats afterwards are killers.

:ohnoez:

5,499 posts

I have to say, as sad as the ending was, it was somewhat ruined for my by the entire episode of foreshadowing. "Barry, you aren't invulnerable you know"... "Barry, you can't be overconfident, bad things can still happen"... "Barry, don't you know if you keep acting this happy someone you love is 100 percent going to be killed right after the last commercial"...

Ok, maybe that last one was the only one that wasn't explicitly said. But it might as well have been.

I guess if they wanted to make it hubris on Barry's part, they could have done it with a much MUCH more deft hand.

Kind of a rare miss of an episode for me. I felt like this all led to the big moment not landing emotionally as it otherwise might have.

Here's hoping they really crush the season finale.

Edited by fmaz

81,136 posts

Well, if anything can change things up here at the old CW...

Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash, and Legends Crossover Planned

There are plans for DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl to cross over with The Flash and Arrow next season, CW chief Mark Pedowitz told reporters during a conference call this morning ahead of The CW's upfront presentation in New York.

Saying that he has faith The CW's annual superhero crossover event will be “the biggest one ever,” Pedowitz declined to provide any specific details.

Fans have been wondering whether Supergirl's move to The CW might mean the show would interact not only with The Flash (who came to her CBS series last season) and even Arrow star Stephen Amell got into the game last week, speculating that one would materialize.

Since The Flash and Arrow were used as a launch pad for DC's Legends of Tomorrow this year, there has been no official crossover between the three shows, although minor elements of Arrow and The Flash have leaked into one another, and into Legends.

It seems likely, based on past history, that the planned crossover will take place in December, prior to the shows' mid-season finales.

:whee:

1,439 posts

One weakness all of these shows have with being interconnected is that it leads to some fairly stupid and minor plot holes. Like Zoom brings every meta-villain on Earth 2 to Central City and Barry is forced to take them down by himself (and the sonic Fat Man)? We know he has access to Green Arrow, Supergirl, Speedy, Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Supergirl. Why didn't/couldn't Barry call them for help? I would take an ersatz Justice League episode over the Earth-2 Legion of Doom being taken down by something that can be countered with Bose headphones.