• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

Not directly comic related, but the user buys toys that are comic related so you may want to consider this user for blocking.

2/22/17 user maranth_4dhe9yn contacted me about 3 card Star Trek Mego action figures I had listed as BINs, what to know 'what's the best I can do'.  The same day he also asked me if I had a carded Star Trek Romulan figure (an extremely expensive figure) as well as PotA and any other Mego figures.  I respond to his inquiry, made him a proposal on what I could do for 3 figures he inquired about.  No response.

2/24/17 I decide to relist the figures as 10-day auctions to try and benefit from people having increased disposable income due to tax returns.  Since his communication was cordial, I sent maranth_4dhe9yn a message letting him know that the figures were being auctioned.  His response the same day was

I just bought a vintage figure so I hope I can get some extra funds in time.

I gathered from this that he was of less financial means than his original questions had led me to believe so I didn't anticipate him heavily participating in my auctions.

3/5/17 maranth_4dhe9yn is the winning bidder for all 4 of my carded Mego Star Trek figures.   The total for all 4 figures is $1,477.78  He immediately sends me a request with a message instructing me to pack securely.  I assured him I would and he responded the same day giving me specific packing instructions: he wanted the 4 figures split into 2 packages and both pairs of figures double-boxed.  This required some extra packaging work on my part as well as having to purchase 2 boxes for the outer box packaging.

3/6/17 maranth_4dhe9yn responds to my acknowledgement of his packing instructions with the following:

Its a large bill so I'm transferring funds, please allow me a few days.

Combined with his earlier 2/24/17 message about 'hoping to get some extra funds' this immediately sends up a big red flag.  But I allow 7 days for my buyers to pay before filling an Unpaid Item case so I all I can do is wait and hope. 

3/9/17 I send maranth_4dhe9yn a message informing him of an eBay 20%/up to $100 off coupon code that was in effect.  I had hoped that the prospect of saving an extra $100 might incentivize him to pay for the items.  No payment, no acknowledgement of my message.

3/12/17 I open Unpaid Item cases on all 4 figures.

3/16/17 still no payment or communication from maranth_4dhe9yn, I close all for Unpaid Item cases to receive refunds on my Final Value Fees

Fortunately, I get me Final Value Fees back, but I may have lost my window of opportunity for maximum capitalization on people getting their tax refunds.  I'm also extremely worried that many of the bidders who participated the first time will have moved on to other things or assume I'm shill-bidding my auctions and, in either case, sit out the next time I list these.  And unless 1 bidder buys all 4, the money on spent on the outer boxes for his specific shipping request is probably wasted.  

Edited by Number 6

I'd watch out for tiffeytracyiowa ( 14Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49)

I ran across this member's Hulk 181 listing by happenstance, and it was really bizarre (book looked too perfect, and there was no description other than some odd screed against the Wolverine character):  https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-Nov-1974-Marvel-/273109420948?nma=true&si=LjpuxsFNhGzzUUJ4pVVR7vDHsys%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Somebody won it for $2025, and seller cancelled immediately.

mmbcustoms

They purchased a large lot of MOC toys that I packaged the heck out of and they said they arrived damaged. I asked them for pics over a week ago and they still haven't sent any. They've left 70 negatives for sellers since being on ebay and a lot of the follow up comments are the same as my situation. They're a reseller and it looks like they're trying to scam people for partial refunds.

Edited by mazman77

23 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I'd watch out for tiffeytracyiowa ( 14Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49)

I ran across this member's Hulk 181 listing by happenstance, and it was really bizarre (book looked too perfect, and there was no description other than some odd screed against the Wolverine character):  https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-Nov-1974-Marvel-/273109420948?nma=true&si=LjpuxsFNhGzzUUJ4pVVR7vDHsys%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Somebody won it for $2025, and seller cancelled immediately.

And here's the relisting...  Definitely not worth the risk.  The pics they post are of a different book.  The book with the black background has a CCA stamp with a completely different border profile.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-Nov-1974-Marvel-ORIGINAL-W-MARVEL-COUPON-HIGH-GRADE/273112683095?hash=item3f96c8d257:g:7JkAAOSwyHRaq34~

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

And here's the relisting...  Definitely not worth the risk.  The pics they post are of a different book.  The book with the black background has a CCA stamp with a completely different border profile.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-Nov-1974-Marvel-ORIGINAL-W-MARVEL-COUPON-HIGH-GRADE/273112683095?hash=item3f96c8d257:g:7JkAAOSwyHRaq34~

I saw it too.  The location also changed from Iowa to Nebraska.  But fear not, they’ve been monitoring the 181 market for months, despite selling no other comics ever.

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

Methinks the turd running the auction doth protest too much

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, comicquant said:

Reprint?  Positive feedback?  Wah?

BEAUTIFUL HULK#181 REPRINT, LOVE THIS SELLER, THANK YOU ! Buyer:
s***i ( 0 )
During past month
  The Incredible Hulk #181 (Nov 1974, Marvel)-ORIGINAL-W/ MARVEL COUPON-HIGH GRADE (#273112683095) US $2,700.00 View Item

Some really strong selling points in this listing. What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I always buy books from this type of seller. I mean, what's not to trust. lol

THERE IS NO GRADE ON THIS BOOK. hm

WE ARE MAKING NO GRADE GUARANTEES. :screwy:

YOUR CRY BABIES, AND WE DON'T WANT YOUR BIDS. ???

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. xD

EITHER BID OR MOVE ON. YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED ! THIS POSTING IS FOR COMIC BOOK PEOPLE ! doh!  

On 3/25/2018 at 8:45 PM, DR.X said:

Some really strong selling points in this listing. What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I always buy books from this type of seller. I mean, what's not to trust. lol

THERE IS NO GRADE ON THIS BOOK. hm

WE ARE MAKING NO GRADE GUARANTEES. :screwy:

YOUR CRY BABIES, AND WE DON'T WANT YOUR BIDS. ???

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. xD

EITHER BID OR MOVE ON. YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED ! THIS POSTING IS FOR COMIC BOOK PEOPLE ! doh!  

I think people across the street sent him and eBay a lot of messages about his listings :roflmao:

On 3/18/2018 at 12:45 PM, DR.X said:

what a P.O.S. I don't understand the train of thought to go through all that stuff and having no intention of paying.

Initially, I couldn’t figure out what maranth_4dhe9yn angle was.

I recognized an auction for a Mego Keeper that looked familiar, checked and found that it was a re-list  Looked at the bidding history and sure enough the high bidder maranth_4dhe9yn.  Contacted the seller and he confirmed a similar story, won 3 Mego items, wanted to do local pick up, then stopped responding and never paid.  

So I’ve been keeping tabs on his feedback. Spotted a seller maranth_4dhe9yn just blasted with 3 negative feedbacks. In one of his feedback comments he left the following follow-up comment:

A VICTIM OF SELLERS SCAM AND YOU WILL BE TOO. CREDIT CARD FRAUD DISPUTE FILLED![/quote][/quote]

So there it is. His bidding and winning stuff and apparently has a criteria for sellers that he can pull his fraudulent credit card charge-back scam on. Sellers who don’t meet the criteria just don’t get paid. Seems his working the “items damaged in transit, it’s the seller’s fault” line  

I contacted the seller who received the negative feedbacks and she said she’s been working with eBay and maranth_4dhe9yn has several non-internet fraud cases filed against them. 

She also shares that he has another eBay name:  webslinger360

I know that these issues have been regarding Mego figures but considering his alternate eBay name the comic community might want to take notice. 

Edited by Number 6
Trying fix stupid double-quote

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, Poka said:

Stefanvommen9

was not satisfied with the slab he received so opened a case with eBay without contacting me first. While I disagreed with the reasons he gave (which include the heat seal from across the street as a defect doh!) I in the end decided to agree with the return.

However as he did not return the slab eBay closed the case in my favour. You would think it stopped there. Nope - immediately after the buyer contacts his card issuer for a chargeback so now have to deal with that. Seems like he wishes to both keep the slab as well as his money.

Update: Buyer agreed to return the item. so I paid via paypal shipping charges to the buyer. I received the package back today. Unfortunately, it did not contain the slab. Instead it contained an indecent picture which was framed to make up for the weight. I kind of expected the worse so these are the precautions I took. Payment via paypal was done as payment for a service. So I have opened a case against the buyer In paypal to get my shipping charges back. I videotaped the unboxing of the package (Next time I will open in front of the Post Master)

I have just filed a police report against the buyer. The police report together with a picture of the item will be shared with paypal and the buyer's card issuing bank. Given I have the buyer's contact details I am considering putting an add in the local newspaper addressed to the buyer's parents.

Btw - the buyer has deleted his ebay account but given the buyer is a con this is his name: Stefan von Ommen, the Netherlands

This guy is in so much trouble for $150

2 hours ago, Poka said:

Update: Buyer agreed to return the item. so I paid via paypal shipping charges to the buyer. I received the package back today. Unfortunately, it did not contain the slab. Instead it contained an indecent picture which was framed to make up for the weight. I kind of expected the worse so these are the precautions I took. Payment via paypal was done as payment for a service. So I have opened a case against the buyer In paypal to get my shipping charges back. I videotaped the unboxing of the package (Next time I will open in front of the Post Master)

I have just filed a police report against the buyer. The police report together with a picture of the item will be shared with paypal and the buyer's card issuing bank. Given I have the buyer's contact details I am considering putting an add in the local newspaper addressed to the buyer's parents.

Btw - the buyer has deleted his ebay account but given the buyer is a con this is his name: Stefan von Ommen, the Netherlands

This guy is in so much trouble for $150

WOW! Sorry to hear that this happened...what a POS. 

Makes people from Netherlands look bad. 

>:(