• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Poka said:

Honestly - don't think it works. I used it for some of my earlier listings as a trial but stopped using it some time ago. Have not experienced any noticeable difference since then. Just hadn't taken the time to revise those listings until now. 

I don't mind to get corrected but there is a decent way to do it

Not to beat you up but you were in error not him and he did nothing wrong when he contacted ebay.  Sure he could have sent you a polite message but most sellers would likely ignore it.  

43 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Not to beat you up but you were in error not him and he did nothing wrong when he contacted ebay.  Sure he could have sent you a polite message but most sellers would likely ignore it.  

I'm sure he contacted eBay and reported Poka for the good of eBay and its community and not out of spite or being a hate filled weasel.

6 slabs, $700+. Shipped in a used toy shipping box (made to deal with 1-3 lbs. worth of toys) 8 lbs. worth of slabs. Single layer of small bubble wrap, wrapped around each. All six slabs damaged badly enough, there are pieces of broken slab both inside the rest of the slabs, and in the slab bags, from all six.

What would you do...?

DSCF4766.JPG

DSCF4769.JPG

DSCF4764.JPG

22 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

6 slabs, $700+. Shipped in a used toy shipping box (made to deal with 1-3 lbs. worth of toys) 8 lbs. worth of slabs. Single layer of small bubble wrap, wrapped around each. All six slabs damaged badly enough, there are pieces of broken slab both inside the rest of the slabs, and in the slab bags, from all six.

What would you do...?

DSCF4766.JPG

DSCF4769.JPG

DSCF4764.JPG

Yuch, return them.

47 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

What would you do...?

DSCF4766.JPG

DSCF4769.JPG

DSCF4764.JPG

Insured?  Get you some re-holder money if you don’t mind dealing with that inconvenience.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

What would you do...?

DSCF4766.JPG

DSCF4769.JPG

DSCF4764.JPG

:facepalm:

I'd return unless it is something worth going through the hassle of re holdering. What does the seller say?

11 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

I'd return unless it is something worth going through the hassle of re holdering. What does the seller say?

Seller says 'waaaaaaaaaaht, how can they be damaged, I used a whole foot of bubble wrap and a bit of cardboard'......

32 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Seller, as with many, is "surprised!" that this happened. "Sorry for the issues, we typically get compliments on our packing, so honestly not sure what happened!" The seller is starting to get hostile, and, as is typical, has come out with the defense-mode statements, refusing to accept any responsibility for his/her deficient pack job.

Well, I know exactly what happened: you sent nearly 8 pounds of slabs in a box designed for 3 pounds of toys, and wrapped them in a single layer of bubble wrap. The box got dropped on that corner, and broke all the slabs. It's not rocket science.

Here's the box they sent it in:

(and yes, for the box nerds who understand specs, I included that as well. And yes, that is water damage to that corner.)

Folks: bubble wrap is your friend. They could have gotten away with this flimsy packaging IF they had wrapped the slabs in 4-5 LAYERS of wrap. You want the slabs to be immobile and impervious to impact damage. Movement is your enemy! Due to the laws of physics, if the item inside the package can move, your chance for damage goes up by some mathematical formula that I can't compute, but it's very bad, because now you've got kinetic energy INSIDE the box as well as outside. and instead of having impact from outside the box be absorbed by layers of material, now you've made the item itself a missile, with its own kinetic energy, and you lose any benefit you may have had from the packing material.

Again, I'm not a physicist, who could explain it to you much better than I can...just remember to keep the contents IMMOBILE, and you'll do well.

DSCF4778.JPG

DSCF4779.JPG

DSCF4780.JPG

DSCF4781.JPG

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

13 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I almost feel sorry for the seller.

:eek:

Of course you do; as far as I'm concerned, everyone else is a saint, and I am the devil himself. It couldn't be anything else with you. Rationality? Reason? Civility? Honesty? Hashing out differences? Trying to reach an amicable solution?

No need, where Logan510 is concerned.

Move along.

16 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

and yes, for the box nerds who understand specs

:roflmao: Sorry, this one killed me! You sure know some pile about boxes!! 

18 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Seller, as with many, is "surprised!" that this happened. "Sorry for the issues, we typically get compliments on our packing, so honestly not sure what happened!" The seller is starting to get hostile, and, as is typical, has come out with the defense-mode statements, refusing to accept any responsibility for his/her deficient pack job.

You're in the driver's seat here no matter how it falls. I don't get how someone could think they can wiggle their way out of one of these situations with their reputation intact. It's the same when people sell slabs and don't mention scratches on the case, then get upset when you want to return it or get it reholdered!!!

What were the books?

2 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:
41 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Seller says 'waaaaaaaaaaht, how can they be damaged, I used a whole foot of bubble wrap and a bit of cardboard'......

How did you know?! ...typical, eh?

Yeah, it's frustrating dealing with people who won't take any responsibility for their actions. I'm sure most of the people reading this can look at those pictures, and this explanation, and say "yeah, that was a time bomb waiting to go off"...but there's no acknowledgement on the seller's part. Just "ok, what do you want to go away?" as if the buyer is the bad guy. 

12 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:
33 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

and yes, for the box nerds who understand specs

:roflmao: Sorry, this one killed me! You sure know some pile about boxes!! 

I have no idea what this means. Save your Canadian speak for Roy, eh! ;)

12 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:
34 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You're in the driver's seat here no matter how it falls. I don't get how someone could think they can wiggle their way out of one of these situations with their reputation intact. It's the same when people sell slabs and don't mention scratches on the case, then get upset when you want to return it or get it reholdered!!!

What were the books?

Some beautiful high grade X-Men, including one of my fave Silver Age books. :(

I mean, I get it, if there are scratches on a slab, ok, that can be overlooked, and it's not the end of the world. I'm not a case snob, and I think the only time I ever complained about the condition of a slab was when someone sent me a Witchblade #42 Red foil that had something like coke spilled on it, leaving a sticky film all over the case. It was gross, and not mentioned by the seller.

But in this case, those corners are SHATTERED. There are pieces of plastic slab inside the cases and the bags they came in. That box was dropped HARD, and that's to be expected when that happens.

7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Some beautiful high grade X-Men, including one of my fave Silver Age books. :(

Ouch. 

If the seller is being a dip mess about it, I don't really see any other option then returning them. 

8 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

something like coke spilled on it, leaving a sticky film all over the case. It was gross, and not mentioned by the seller.

How did this one end?

2 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:
12 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

something like coke spilled on it, leaving a sticky film all over the case. It was gross, and not mentioned by the seller.

How did this one end?

I just asked the seller to mention stuff like this in the future. It's in my "to be cracked for SS someday" box, so I'm not too worried about it. It was only $20 plus shipping.