• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2018 at 3:00 PM, lonetree said:

================================
Hi Brian,

NM/M is a 9.0 - 10.

Defined by CBCS, a 9.0-9.4 can have the following:

It is vibrant with supple pages.
The spine may have a couple of very small stress lines (or more) that break color, as well as a fold or crease in the cover that breaks color.
Minor creasing.
The spine is almost completely flat.
The cover is relatively flat with almost minimal surface wear and the cover inks are generally bright with medium to high reflectivity.
The staples may show some discoloration, but it's not too noticeable on first glance.
The inside pages and covers usually will be off-white/white, but can be cream/off-white with the absence of other defects.

So it is NM condition as defined by this.

Usually I would offer to discount it a bit, but I usually sell these at $100+, and the price of $72 is too close to cost.

However, I would like to offer you something in good faith. So on a future order I will give you 30% off.

Best,
Johnny

Hi Johnny - 

NM/M is 10.32 - 12.71.

Defined by Billy, the guy who hangs out at State & Adams with a pint of Skoal during the morning commute, a NM/M can have the following:

At most, -4 flaws.  0 is unacceptable.

No signs of handling.  Or viewing.  

True North corners.  90 degrees is for amateurs.

Is impervious to creases, and causes creases in lesser books that approach it.

As the book I received from you does not fit these criteria, I will be returning it post haste.

<3

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That's a lot of Skoal.

I think they meant this

skol_vodka_375_grande.jpg?v=1381277215

not this

0007310001113_A?$img_size_380x380$

though you can buy tubs of some brands that would be about a pint I suppose like this

fumo-de-mascar-stokers-mint-equivalente-

edit--- I had a feeling you  (RMA) had me on ignore and could not see my posts and after attempting to send you a message, my theory was correct. oh well.

Edited by 01TheDude

edit--- I had a feeling you  (RMA) had me on ignore and could not see my posts and after attempting to send you a message, my theory was correct. oh well.

Ahhhh....today's activities make much more sense. Ignore is the best solution for dealing with people that you don't get along with, instead of being offended and attacking them, n'est-ce pas...?

Kinda like the eBay blocked list. It makes sense. 

User: yoboul_0

He has a Spider-man 129 cgc 9.8 on e-bay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-129-CGC-9-8-Universal-WHITE-Pages/232865065329?hash=item3637d6e971%3Ag%3ASIIAAOSwGNNbWxHf&_sacat=0&_nkw=spider-man+129+cgc+9.8&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

He has no paypal, and he will not send the comic, after you payed it with money transfer (he is in Europe, has some negative feedback). I reported it, but nothing happened. Maybe some members can try it too.

Regards,

Dean

20 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ahhhh....today's activities make much more sense. Ignore is the best solution for dealing with people that you don't get along with, instead of being offended and attacking them, n'est-ce pas...?

Kinda like the eBay blocked list. It makes sense. 

I removed all the people I had on ignore as a New Year's resolution. Life is too short to be playing these types of games imo. Any perceived problems you might feel we have or had are simply not there. And for what seems to me like a lack of reading comprehension, I stated as much in the locked thread. My only points in that thread were pretty simple-- 1) arguing the valid use of media mail is not going to lead to any solid conclusions 2) people should stop using it for small amounts of comic books. Had that thread not gotten locked, I think it would have continued to reach 30 pages provided you had someone to spar with.

Regardless-- take me off your ignore list or leave me on-- I'm not upset either way. I'm sure you are not alone in ignoring me at this point. Wishing you well going forward.

Edited by 01TheDude

11 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Something I've always wondered ... when someone gets blocked, do they get a message from Ebay informing them?

No, they don’t get a message. 

The only way they know is if the try bidding on your item, making an offer, or sending you message. At that point they get a message that says something to the affect “this member is not accepting bids/offers/messages from you at this time”

However, if the member has a message conversation going with you at the time of the block and the conversation is tied to a listing that is still active, they can still continue to send you messages after they are blocked until the listing ends. Which is fun. 

9 hours ago, DGibb said:

User: yoboul_0 

He has a Spider-man 129 cgc 9.8 on e-bay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-129-CGC-9-8-Universal-WHITE-Pages/232865065329?hash=item3637d6e971%3Ag%3ASIIAAOSwGNNbWxHf&_sacat=0&_nkw=spider-man+129+cgc+9.8&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0 

He has no paypal, and he will not send the comic, after you payed it with money transfer (he is in Europe, has some negative feedback). I reported it, but nothing happened. Maybe some members can try it too.

Regards,

Dean

I don't see any user with that account.  nor do I see a valid transaction.  Also, I thought having a PayPal account is necessary for creating an eBay account?

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

The only way they know is if the try bidding on your item, making an offer, or sending you message. At that point they get a message that says something to the affect “this member is not accepting bids/offers/messages from you at this time”

However, if the member has a message conversation going with you at the time of the block and the conversation is tied to a listing that is still active, they can still continue to send you messages after they are blocked until the listing ends. Which is fun. 

also, you can change your settings to receive messages from blocked bidders.  Then if they ask wtf why am I blocked you can google CGC and their ebay name, find the blocked bidder post and direct them to it.  Very satisfying to inform miscreants that their actions have consequences.  Especially if they thought they were firmly in the no consequence zone of ebay buyer.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

also, you can change your settings to receive messages from blocked bidders.  Then if they ask wtf why am I blocked you can google CGC and their ebay name, find the blocked bidder post and direct them to it.  Very satisfying to inform miscreants that their actions have consequences.  Especially if they thought they were firmly in the no consequence zone of ebay buyer.

you are very thorough when it comes to giving a buyer their due rewards - kudos!

10 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I removed all the people I had on ignore as a New Year's resolution. Life is too short to be playing these types of games imo. Any perceived problems you might feel we have or had are simply not there. And for what seems to me like a lack of reading comprehension, I stated as much in the locked thread. My only points in that thread were pretty simple-- 1) arguing the valid use of media mail is not going to lead to any solid conclusions 2) people should stop using it for small amounts of comic books. Had that thread not gotten locked, I think it would have continued to reach 30 pages provided you had someone to spar with.

Regardless-- take me off your ignore list or leave me on-- I'm not upset either way. I'm sure you are not alone in ignoring me at this point. Wishing you well going forward.

Good for you! It's nice to know there are people out there who aren't bothered by the petty things. I mean, it's important that we have people who tell everyone exactly what they think of others, so that they can make informed decisions, don't you think? 

You are quite correct...we don't have a problem. I see you view the ignore function as "playing games", but I think it's a valuable tool to help me not engage people I find to be trollish, overbearing, loutish, domineering, controlling, condescending, and obnoxious...in my opinion, naturally. I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same about me, and I heartily welcome and approve of their use of the ignore function with regard to me. This place would be an ever so much nicer place if everyone did that, instead of the firing of unprovoked volleys that routinely fly around here. 

I am dreadfully sorry that other members choosing when, how, and how long they wish to engage in dialogue is distressing to you; it's not my aim to cause undue distress in others. I will strive to be more aware of your feelings going forward, and I thank you for the opportunity to tailor my posting to your liking and for letting everyone know where, in your opinion, I fall short. It can only mean room for improvement!

:foryou:

9 hours ago, Number 6 said:

And, in natural eBay fashion, the message is tailored to be as inoffensive as possible. "This seller is not accepting bids or offers from you at this time. This could be for various reasons, such as daily limits to purchases."

They never come right out and say "this seller thinks you're a tool, and doesn't want you within 500 internet yards of their items."

;)

I neglected to mention in my above post that the scenario I outlined only applies if you’ve actually gone to your Site Preferences and selected that you don’t want blocked bidders communicating with you. 

You would think that once you block someone that would be a given but it’s not. 

Otherwise, as kav stated, they can continue to communicate with you freely. 

9 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And, in natural eBay fashion, the message is tailored to be as inoffensive as possible. "This seller is not accepting bids or offers from you at this time. This could be for various reasons, such as daily limits to purchases."

They never come right out and say "this seller thinks you're a tool, and doesn't want you within 500 internet yards of their items."

;)

Now that you say that ... I think I've gotten that message once or twice in the past few years. Hmmm, guess I was a bad boy.

Jonesvilleboy015

He was the winning bidder on an auction with no reserve. He won, didn't pay, so I sent a payment reminder.

His response: "I request that my bid be cancelled due to your notice that there was "no reserve" on the comic.. Such a representation indicated that it was off a high grade, In fact the comic is incomplete due to 4 pages being missing . This low grade of the Comic should have been disclosed instead tom of indicating "no reserve. At best there was a mistake and at worst an intentional misrepresentatiion."

My Title: "Whiz Comics #40; NO RESERVE"

My Description: "Whiz Comics #40. Raw. Incomplete (missing pages 1-2, 29-40, and one fold detached). If not for that, would be a 3.5."

I cancelled the order without responding because I don't want this loon to ding me with negative feedback, but I need to vent.

He didn't read the description, he then makes up some crazy logic to justify his mistake (a "no reserve" auction insinuates a high grade comic), and the cherry on top is he accuses me of dishonest intent. :screwy: He has great feedback too...am I missing something? Am I in the wrong here? Because I feel like this guy is way out of line... I wasn't trying to be deceitful, but I do expect people to read descriptions prior to bidding. It wasn't hidden inside a bunch of other stuff, literally what I pasted is what the description was.... I just relisted and included "incomplete" in the title. So jaded...at least it wasn't a high dollar book. :facepalm:

C_

Edited by Callaway29

21 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I don't see any user with that account.  nor do I see a valid transaction.  Also, I thought having a PayPal account is necessary for creating an eBay account?

He is blocked. I think it is not possible to have paypal. Or you can give fake e-mail for paypal.