• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HUMAN TORCH 7, 31, Marvel Mystery 20,61, Wonder Womans RAW and a discount;)

45 posts in this topic

I had this up in another thread. I had intended to move it to eBay but never got a chance and I figured it needed more pictures anyway...so here it is, with the more pictures;) I finally figured out how to fix my scanner settings, so I rescanned it, too.

For sale is Marvel Mystery #20, 1941, Schomburg,war/Nazi cover. Origin of the Angel. Ad for Cap 3 on the back.

As for the grade, I'd say it's an apparent Fine+ (6.5 )with slight A and maybe a chance at an apparent Fine/VF (7.0.) Price is $899 (firm) but I will take off 3% if paid by check or MO.

It's really nice in person. Pages are very supple, probably OW , but I've been sending in books that I think are OW that are coming back lighter. Should be in that range though.

Cover colors are brilliant...but there is slight color touch at the top staple. I think the color can be removed . A very small piece would have to be cut, but I won't do that, it's as is.. I see it at the upper staple, but not the top right, that appears to be a scanner artifact. However, I'm not a super expert. There is what I believe to be a drop of glue at the bottom staple. I think that could be removed as well. I've owned this for a while and never felt the need to fix it.

There are 3 pieces of tape on the inside of the spine, about 1.5 inch each. Looks like they were put there as protection, but the cover might have been removed to put them there. The tape is not staining.

The book came from an OO collection and the owner fixed up some of them. He bought them for 10 cents and he played with them. He was pretty careful.

marvelmystery20a_0001.jpg

marvelmystery20a_0002.jpg

2014-07-27004841.jpg

2014-07-27004847.jpg

2014-07-27004858.jpg

2014-07-27004933.jpg

2014-07-27004949.jpg

2014-07-27005005.jpg

2014-07-27005021.jpg

2014-07-27005031.jpg

2014-07-27005037.jpg

2014-07-27005952.jpg

2014-07-27010040.jpg

2014-07-27010049.jpg

This is what is left

Page 1

Wonder Woman #44, This is a tough book to find in any shape. One of the last ones I needed to complete my run. There are only 5 unrestored issues on the census and there are a lot of Wonder Woman collectors. Cover is detached, centerfold is detached at the top staple. The book is complete and the pages are nice. Grade is Good (because of the cover piece that is missing) Bin is $95.00

Wonder Woman #83, another book that is scarce. Wonder Woman in the 80's are some of the toughest issues to find in ANY shape. There are 8 on the census. This one has spine splits, a 1 ½ in tear on the front cover, extra staples (a bonus;) nice pages and it's complete. Grade is Fair/Good (1.5) bin is $50

Page 2

Marvel Mystery #61.

Another wonderful, book with problems. This time the problems are with the cover. The insides are nice with OW/white pages. Cover is missing pieces and is detached. The centerfold is detached. Grade is Fair (because of the pieces missing from the cover)

There is a Miss America Story. Bin is $125

Page 4

Human Torch #7,

This is the first Japanese War cover...and the good news is, the Front cover (or most of it), is here;)

Very nice paper, a small piece of tape at the top of the cover. The back cover is missing, the first wrap is split. Nothing is brittle, I think it was just well loved.

Centerfold is present, but detached and there are a few tears.

This is a tough book unless you have a big budget. It's a nice, readable low grade copy. Bin is $245.

Human Torch 31,

A later version of HT, he's more sophisticated, but of course it's 1948, so he's older;)

This book has nice color, some overall wear, and a drop of glue at the lower staple tear. There is also a small piece of tape at the lower right, helping a tear It's a solid book in the VG range. Nice pages. Bin is $185

page 5

Marvel Mystery #20, 1941, Schomburg,war/Nazi cover. Origin of the Angel. Ad for Cap 3 on the back.

As for the grade, I'd say it's an apparent Fine+ (6.5 )with slight A and maybe a chance at an apparent Fine/VF (7.0.) Price is $899 (firm) but I will take off 3% if paid by check or MO.

Discount applies to everything except the Marvel Mystery 20, I may keep that one.

Buy one book take 5% off, buy 2 books, take 10% off

Buy 3 books, take 15% off.

I know I have listed a lot of stuff in the past few weeks, so...If you have already bought a book ( and paid for it) from me in the past 14 days, it counts as the first book.

If you bought 2, it counts as the 2nd book, etc.