• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Cool! It's Old! It Hasn't Been Done Yet! The Strange Tales #101 Club!
1 1

117 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, Readcomix said:

Any copy with all four sides of the issue number box is more than just a reading copy! :headbang:

Sorry. I did not mean to imply that your book was a beater. It's not.

It just put me in mind to add a 101 to the pile of thrashed readers I've been slowly picking up.

On 2/4/2023 at 7:02 AM, KirbyJack said:

Sorry. I did not mean to imply that your book was a beater. It's not.

It just put me in mind to add a 101 to the pile of thrashed readers I've been slowly picking up.

All good; didn’t think you were. It is far from high grade of course! Grabbed it in Dale’s thread as a GVG which seems about right. That’s when it struck me — a 1962 Marvel hero 1st issue, complete, for a hundred bucks. What an outlier head scratcher. All four sides of the issue number box is simply a rare bonus! lol

On 10/25/2017 at 7:50 PM, Dave2739 said:

I'm sure I've posted this before but I wanted a cool thread to drop my 400th post. Only took me a little over 4 years. I figure it'll be 2024 before I get to 1000!

You're setting a blistering pace on that post-count, Dave!

My pic from 7 years ago is no longer there, so I will post it again, remember buying this at a local show in the early 2000's, the seller also had two ASM issues I wanted, 32 and 33, he wanted $40.00 for the ST and $25.00 each for the ASM books, I was unsure if I wanted to spend that much so said if you buy the ST you can have both ASM books for $25.00, Sold!!!

The book is a FR/GD 1.5 and the value (if you care about such things, me I am a collector, not an investor) has not changed much from the $40.00 I paid 20+ years ago, very happy to have the book in my collection.

Strange Tales 101    FR-GD 1.5.JPG

On 3/11/2024 at 7:35 PM, Hepcat said:

That's precisely why I find the Human Torch run in this title strangely compelling. It's much less widely collected and therefore a collection of such is more unique.

:wink:

My comment was from 10 years ago, however! LOL!

On 3/22/2024 at 4:08 PM, vaillant said:

Well, Claudio, if you were around more, we would have more recent quotes. 
:baiting:

Of course, the Cat is correct. Strange Tales collections are wonderful.  I’m complete from 101-146, the end of the Ditko Dr. Strange stories. 
IMG_1618.thumb.jpeg.b0b27ff979503d289c5604ce5c372de5.jpeg
Please ignore the Millie annual. My brain forms a weird equivalence between it and Strange Tales annual 1. 

On 3/22/2024 at 5:08 PM, vaillant said:

Your comments are forever (or at least as long as this board lasts) though.

:wink:

On 3/22/2024 at 11:22 PM, KirbyJack said:

Well, Claudio, if you were around more, we would have more recent quotes. 
:baiting:

I do not have money to put into collecting, and also time is very little, so most is "freezed"… :(

On 4/18/2024 at 6:56 PM, vaillant said:

I do not have money to put into collecting, and also time is very little, so most is "freezed"… :(

I get it. No pressure.

We just miss you sometimes.