• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC cases

86 posts in this topic

Can CGC cases be reused if they are opened up? I have one CGC comic that i want to sell and it has a crack on the side of the case due to shipping. This one guy said that I could have taken out the comic and placed it back in the hard case holder. Isn't that impossible? you have to carefully open and not damage the hard case. Has anyone successfully not damaged the hard shell case and resealed the comic back in? Making it look untampered. Isn't the label and comic sealed and have to be cut out in order for it to be removed?

Thanks

Joel

THE_BEYONDER... Thanks

MadGenius: No, I just want to know if the CGC outer shell case can be reused if opened. Or the hard shell case is unusable once it opened, like cannot stay shut in the corners due to damage from being opened. Another thing i want to know is... the comic and the CGC label grade are sealed inside another plastic case and have to be removed by cutting them out with scissors or a razor?

Hope this makes sense

Joel

Joel,

Wttb.

Think of it... Theoretically, if you can remove a book without tampering the case, what's stopping anyone from putting a crappier version in? And then keep the better grade themselves.

No, once the cgc case is opened there ain't no going back.

And yes there is another plastic case inside that requires some cutting to open up and fetch the book.

Can CGC cases be reused if they are opened up? I have one CGC comic that i want to sell and it has a crack on the side of the case due to shipping. This one guy said that I could have taken out the comic and placed it back in the hard case holder. Isn't that impossible? you have to carefully open and not damage the hard case. Has anyone successfully not damaged the hard shell case and resealed the comic back in? Making it look untampered. Isn't the label and comic sealed and have to be cut out in order for it to be removed?

Thanks

Joel

Unlike with a PGX case, a CGC case is virtually impossible to open without it cracking.

What about the guy with the bogus Hulk 181 with the Cap Nomad interior-it was undetectably opened and re sealed. A cgc rep opened it and saw no red flags.

Erndog: Cool thanks!!!

Now inside that other plastic case that the comic is sealed in... Is the label sealed in as well??? or can that be be blue label removed (w/o any cutting) and be replaced w/another blue label.

Thanks

Joel

Erndog: Cool thanks!!!

Now inside that other plastic case that the comic is sealed in... Is the label sealed in as well??? or can that be be blue label removed (w/o any cutting) and be replaced w/another blue label.

Thanks

Joel

Are you serious? Break open your own,and find out. :boo: